[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some other albums like TPAB? with the whole jazz-rap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ApologyC20120731PW.jpg (148 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
ApologyC20120731PW.jpg
148 KB, 460x345
what are some other albums like TPAB?
with the whole jazz-rap fusion.

pic unrelated, i just found it online lol
>>
anyone?
>>
>>54609541
lol
>>
>>54609731
i would appreciate it if you contribute, thanks.
>>
>>54609541

Busdriver
Billy Woods

I'd say Aesop Rock, but I personally think he sucks ass .
>>
>>54609541
the black guy wearing the so sorry tshirt lol
>>
>>54610158
thanks, my dude.
any album rec for busdriver?
>>
>>54610158
Billy Woods is the one.

Might as well chuck Open Mike Eagle into the list too
>>
>>
>>54609541
Mick jenkins, the waters. Not every song is jazzy, but at least there is a song called jazz.
>>
>>54610287

Uhh, probably Temporary Forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMZTMpipGA

Also stay in this thread. I'm going through my library. See if I can find anything else. You could also try MF Doom too. Not so much jazzy, but has an "old" feeling to the beats.
>>
>>54609541
Kill the Vultures - The Careless Flame
Black Milk - No Poison No Paradise
Jazz Addixx - Oxygen
DJ Krush & Toshinori Kondo - Ki-Oku
>>
File: image.jpg (808 KB, 1644x1467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
808 KB, 1644x1467
>>54610068
Dude... There's a whole Jazz Hop genre of which TPAB has no part
>>
>>54610374
Hmph, the voice in busdriver sounds really nasally, I like everything else about it though
>>
>>54610374
holy fuck this is dank as fuck
this sounds like something that would go well in TPAB, maybe even better? Damn.
Thanks, my dude.

Yeah, I've already indulged myself w MF Doom.
I want something not so much having to do w the beats, but w the "chill" feeling instead.

>>54610507
Hey, man. I've check out some of your recs in other threads and been meaning to check out pic related.
I enjoyed them btw and thanks for other recs.

>>54610291
currently dling dour candy
hopefully it's smooth

>>54610218
what a memer xD
>>
>>54609541
given the OP pic, this seems like bait

but if it isn't, there's a lot to explore in terms of Jazz rap!

if you're looking for the style on "For Free?", sadly i don't know much with the whole live band beat poetry feel besides, well, beat poetry

TPAB wouldn't really be considered overtly jazz-hip hop fusion, given how much more of the album is soul and funk oriented, but if that's the element you identified with i'd be glad to toss a few recommendations

jazz samples are a huge part of hip hop, almost as much soul and funk samples. For jazzy stuff i'd point you more in the direction of 90's "conscious" rap, a lot of albums from various musicians involved in the native tongues collective, and of course madlib does a lot of jazz related stuff (shades of blue is great, it's a beat tape made entirely out of samples from blue note records) and i think has a few releases with a jazz band.

jazz rap isn't just confined to those scenes and musicians though! jazz samples and influence are fairly evergreen in hip hop, and the more you get into hip hop as a whole the more cool stuff you'll find.
>>
>>54609541

Guru - Jazzmatazz

it's full length, non-sampled based jazz like TPAB too
>>
>>54610507
Jazz Hop is not a genre, just a movement of who rips off Pete Rock best

>>54609541
Guru - Jazzmatazz
Q-Tip - Kamaal the Abstract
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca the Soul Brother
Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde
De La Soul - Buhloone Mind State
Souls of Mischief - 93 'til Infinity
Freestyle Fellowship - Innercity Griots
The Roots - Do You Want More?
>>
>>54610895
no bait here, my friend :^)

thanks for the info, my dude.
if you don't mind throwing in some funk-oriented hip hop, that would be great! I really did enjoy those parts in TPAB that leaned more towards funk, such as the beginning of Hood Politics and King Kunta, of course.

In terms of Jazzy, "U" is probably the best example in the album of what I am looking for.

Thanks, my dude. :^)
>>
>>54610895
I've been looking for more like For Free? since Ab-Souls Outro on Section.80. guess one can only hope TDE decides to head in that direction again, lmao
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.