[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY QT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQ UleX1PeA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: qt.jpg (30 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
30 KB, 960x540
HEY QT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA
>>
would you suck her dick
>>
YA
>>
>>54602970
Yes.
>>
why is she so qt bros?
>>
>>54602890
fuck man this shit is so perfect
>>
I find it really boring, don't know why it has got so much attention. This is superior pseudo-japanese western pop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDf4vJm5HQ
>>
>>54603271
>she
>>
sooo
is it a trap or not
>>
>>54602890
This would be decent if the vocals were better. This is memecore at best.
>>
>>54604759
QT is not a trap, the guy who produced it is a crossdresser. Talking about SOPHIE.

btw where the fuck can i actually buy this QT drink, looks tasty as fuck
>>
>>54604762
>memecore
>on 4chan

What website did you think this was
>>
File: PC-Music-Dazed-Post-.png (464 KB, 520x555) Image search: [Google]
PC-Music-Dazed-Post-.png
464 KB, 520x555
Hannah Diamond is more QT and has better songs.
>>
>>54604842
That's what I'm saying. This isn't good on any level, except as being amusing for it's oddity.
>>
That video is disappointing as fuck; needs more candy colored, hyperstyled manic pop aesthetics. steely grey does not suit it. Not to mention being a blatant beats ad
>>
her:
facebook dot com slash hayden.dunham
>>
>>54604792
sophie isnt a crossdresser tho, unless he only does it sometimes or is genderfluid
>>
Kek
This is still around
>>
>>54603371
Wow, I really like this.
Do you know Pa's Lam System?
https://soundcloud.com/carpainter/pas-lam-system-bit-by-bit
https://soundcloud.com/paslamsystem/maru-126-fuzzy-party-free
>>
>beats advertising in pc music
how suprising

also pc music is decades old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A
>>
>>54605299
I thought he just did it for his shows to fit the part, is he actually a crossdresser/genderfluid/whothefuckcares?
>>
>>54605363
i really dont think so, i saw him live and he was dressed as a boy and every other picture ive seen of him he is

i think a lot of ppl got that idea from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxM0bxsJEuI
but the person "performing" isnt sophie, he's the guy in the suit who can be seen walking around and taking people off stage
>>
>>54605342
What IS PC music? Bubblegum house?
>>
Where is that boiler room set from a while ago?
>>
Cringed at the poor coreography
Really uncomfortable

lol @ ameriblubbers not getting it and the rest of the world no longer caring about it, my prediction

Sophie actually head some bangers
>>
>>54605342
PC Music is a record label, not a style
>>
File: clapityclap.gif (454 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
clapityclap.gif
454 KB, 180x180
>>54602890
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QunjhN6wTM
studio version when
>>
>>54606101
GFOTY's version is superior.
>>
>>54606101
that is an early one and is too satirical to fit well what pc music is trying to do. that's why later GFOTY tracks moved away from that kind of thing. so I think she probably won't be returning to that track.
>>
This was the greatest song of 2014. It contained the birth and the death of an entire genre inside 4 minutes. It's unprecedented, and it was still done as an accessible pop song.
>>
>>54606382
Sophie's stuff is very accessible yet also too loaded to be just another pop song. His boiler room set contained some new amazing tracks in the same style. We can probably expect an LP this year if they/he will even go that route.
>>
>>54606362
What is PC Music trying to do? GFOTY's latest Cake Mix was satirical as fuck.
>>
Is this qt qt or what
>>
>>54606559
Successfully blur the lines between real and virtual (Hannah Diamond is a good example) and go beyond the (post-)irony of current age: making saturated pop music that is genuinely enjoyable instead of being listened to with some sort of ironic distance (Sophie being a good example here).
But yeah, they are not good at balancing that out. Most people think they're just being ironic and not without reasons.
>>
File: tDwp2Yp.png (996 KB, 892x666) Image search: [Google]
tDwp2Yp.png
996 KB, 892x666
>>54606694
post more of this goddess
>>
>>54606757
I think they themselves barely understand the concept.
I think this year will make or break them. starting to get known by the the pitchfork indie crowd. but I don't think they will get any bigger then that and just die off

sophie has potential as a producer.
>>
>>54604946

who do you think did the vocals for Hey QT..? lmao
>>
>>54606757
Back when the song came out and writers were writing their think pieces the message I got was this is purely sarcastic parody pop music. If there's some higher objective it's to make the perception of what's girly into a huge hyperbole. I guess then we can understand how girls are dissatisfied with ideal femininity being so inane. Then tumblr culture was involved somehow. I imagine they simply find it amusing to make completely unpretentious music.
>>
>>54606826
On the other hand it depends on who's supposed to be the audience here. What may seem ironic to us may not seem so to the mainstream listeners. I don't want to make it seem like we're smarter, it's just that if you look at how they react to music via youtube comments you see that they have their ironic threshold set much higher.
I don't think PC Music has even reached those listeners though. Negative comments came mostly from the wrong generation people.
>>
What a fucking disappointment. I'm actually kind of angry they wasted what potential thet had for this video, but w/e. Of course, nonochanel et al are creaming themselves over this.
>>
Can't wait til this stupid fad is over.
>>
>>54607085
I agree

I showed my friends who are heavily into top 40 sophie stuff and hey qt
they liked hard reminded them off edm trap.
didn't like blip/lemonade

but they got grossed out when I told them sophie was a guy. the persona concept is too weird for them.

and p4k people think they're being ironic
>>
>>54602890
shit vocals
shit drums
shit lyrics

I liked the synths though. this could have been a decent song

...wait is this a song made exclusively for /mu/ wtf?
>>
>>54607081
>If there's some higher objective it's to make the perception of what's girly into a huge hyperbole. I guess then we can understand how girls are dissatisfied with ideal femininity being so inane.
I think that's part of it. But the problem with irony is that you don't really deal with what's being targeted. You tend to think that by merely parodying it you somehow purify yourself of it, like you're suddenly above it. A.G. Cook talks about something similar in his interview with tankmagazine - which is the only straightforward interview out there as far as I know. Later interviews are already playing the virtual identity game. I think those think pieces too quickly classified it as irony.
>>
>>54607081
And yet they come across as some of the most pretentious fucks in the industry.
>>
>>54605340
Like a Lady is the GOAT song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5maERY79Q
>>
I believe that the so-called PC Music movement of artist is essentially just a gang of pretentious art school kids trying to create pop music, but they're putting emphasis on some sort of cool, mysterious, sexy factor by obscuring the vocals and creating some hazy, druggy "atmosphere". Every one of these artist seem to have this woman in the front, acting provocatively on stage, wearing tons of makeup, and making some type of peculiar moaning tribal sex noise instead of singing legible lyrics. Underneath all the noise and obscured vocals, it's just your basic top 40, just pure bubblegum pop that's been peddled on your local radio station by the record company for the past 50 years. Same song structure, same basic premise at the core of it. But since there's a loud reverb-laden synths it's so deep, so original, so creative.
When people regard artist like Hannah Diamond or QT or SOPHIE or Kane West as the pinnacle of pop, or call these artist innovative and challenging in any way, I throw up in my mouth a little.
>>
>>54602890
Never
NEVER
Put this shit song on here again.

I heard this on XMU and I sat there laughing
>>
>>54607367

you cant tell me what to do you arent my dad
>>
A.G. Cook, GFOTY, Hannah Diamond and QT (PC Music) interview on BBC Radio 1, 10pm GMT.

>>54607339
>>54607362

>i'm incapable of understanding/comprehending this
>it makes me uncomfortable
>"it's pretentious"
>>
>>54607424
>you don't get it maaaaan

What an unexpected response
>>
>>54607278
I feel that parodies are much smarter than irony. It does target the subject with cynicism, unlike irony which is just aloof participation. And you're right about how lame that is, which is of course why they wouldn't want to be labeled ironic.

Also, some more of this goddess.
>>
>>54607362
I agree with this copypasta somewhat
but you gotta realize idiots will try to hype up the "next big thing" so to showoff how elite they are
instead of enjoying the music if they actually enjoy it you know
>>
>>54602890
Yes, finally.
I was waiting for this.
Now where can I buy my QT Brand QT?
>>
>>54605363
Nah, he just does it for show.
I would too, if I could get away with it.

>>54605511
I always associated it with Balearic Beat, it feels kinda like that, but more plastic.
>>
>>54607085
>it depends on who's supposed to be the audience here
As far as I can see, the PC Music audience is pretty much the vaporwave audience.
Aesthetically it's very close to vaporwave, in the sense that it's not retrofuturistic, but it doesn't really criticize the ideal as much as it celebrates it.
>>
>>54607537
>parodies
You're thinking of satire.

A parody is affectionate.
Satire is vicious and cynical.
>>
>>54608326
Yeah, but that's the current audience. What I'm trying to say is that it might have bigger (social) potential with different audience. But it was obviously easier to gain the listeners they have now.
I agree that there are some similarities between PC Music and vaporwave. If PC Music is meant to intensify the mainstream culture then one can easily say it is based on some sort of accelerationism.
>>
>>54608443
I don't feel like it has the potential to really break away from the vaporwave and the trendy memegenre audience.

What it really feels like to me is that it's this slightly cynical, sometimes very viciously mocking kind of niche version of mainstream pop.
And that's, maybe because it's tailored to pander to people like myself, really makes it quite enjoyable.
>>
music for pedophiles general?
>>
>>54605594
PC Music Boiler Room
soundcloud.com/tuhrick/ag-cook-qt-gfoty-spinee-boiler-room-austin-sxsw
>>
>>54602890
Bitch looks like Eminem.
>>
>>54608923
No, it's fake, cynical, hypersexualized, mainstream pop.
>>
>>54609055
>hypersexualized.

How?
>>
File: 1420915471913.jpg (202 KB, 2015x2015) Image search: [Google]
1420915471913.jpg
202 KB, 2015x2015
>tfw this music video generates some kind of primal sperg anger in me and i don't understand why

why?

i understand it is inherently a style of music that is designed to serve as a kind of mocking or critique to the real article of top 40 saccharine pop music or whatever the hell

but i still get mad as hell at this
>>
>>54609106
u need to relax its just a song
>>
>>54609105
banging banging banging banging loads of men
>>
>>54609105
Lyrical themes, pitched vocals.
Try listening to Friday Night by GFOTY

>>54609106
The camera focus is kinda fucky in most places and it feels like it has a blur effect on it in the brighter sections and whoever did lightning on this set is a goddamn hack.
>>
>>54606811
> that munter on the right
must be shit being uglier than a tranny
>>
>>54609286

Would still drunkenly bust all over her belly.

:/
>>
>>54609270
>>54609250

But it's not all hypersexualised: QT is pretty damn juvenile lyrically.

While Hannah Diamond talks about relationships she never mentions or even alludes to sex...

While some pc music (GFOTY) is hypersexualised it can't all be characterised in this way.
>>
>mu not getting pc music

i am done with this site jesus christ

this is old now and you guys still don't understand the genius of it

i would explain but its literally pointless for you boneheads
>>
>>54609424
What about "I feel your hands on my body"?
>>
File: 1424796488327.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1424796488327.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
>>54609175
yeah i guess i'm having a rough day i know that's not an excuse to take it out on others
>>
>>54609467
omg so lewd
>>
FUCK GLAM CAN LICK MY BALLS
>>
>>54609429

>not knowing about PC Music in mid-2013
>not knowing about SOPHIE in 2012

fuck off. you noobs are so fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>54609429
why not try it for once? then you can just copy paste it next time. think of it like this: it's a one time investment to make all future /mu/tants understand pc music.
>>
It's as if this music is an abstract representation of having an orgy.
>>
>>54609520
it's not about lewdness. that sentence is directed at all listeners meaning that she is available to them all. she's a commodity just like the drink that is advertised along (drinkqt).
>>
>>54609646
>implying other pop music is not an abstract representation of an orgy
>>
>>54609646

That sentence is absolutely meaningless and makes you sound like an insufferable cunt.
>>
>>54609717
>she's a commodity
>available to all
>not lewd
Is this some "don't slut shame me" shit?
>>
>>54609752
no, it's more about the relation between capitalism and sexuality imo. we're talking about qt here of course. hannah diamond is another story and gfoty yet another.
>>
File: ss+(2015-03-26+at+08.29.45).png (7 KB, 283x123) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-03-26+at+08.29.45).png
7 KB, 283x123
>>54605342
>pc music is decades old
what?
>>
>>54609481
Maybe you only need to masturbate, but the fact that it provokes such a strong reaction from you and others could be evidence of its value. It's only sounds but it made you feel.
>>
>>54609429
there is no fucking genius yet they are just crap shooting right now trying to figure out where to take his project next

I wouldn't be surprise if a.g. cook is here just trying to steal ideas
>>
>>54609816

He thinks "PC music" is a genre; obviously unaware of the label up to this point.
>>
Where to cop QT's shoes?
>>
>>54609855
or maybe you know the music being put out by the label?

yikes
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.