[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "On GP" their best song as of yet? I think it might
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: DG.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
Is "On GP" their best song as of yet? I think it might be boys
>>
Sure is. Centuries of Damn is a close 2nd, and the title track from TPTB is 3rd.

The top 5 DG songs are ALL from TPTB as a whole.
1. On GP
2. Centuries of Damn
3. The Powers That B
4. Billy Not Really
5. Black Quarterback
>>
why did you make a whole new thread for this? There are like 5 other JD threads in the catalog and most of them are active
>>
>>54521149
>>54521171

no it isn't. fucking bandwagoning dickriding faggots. This is MBDTF all over again, which was FAR from Kanye's best work.
Not even saying Jenny Death was bad but saying it was even in their top 3 albums is retarded.
>>
>>54521171
Yeah TPTB is really great overall, don't see why so many people seemed to dump on notm when jd dropped. Powers that B the track is really growing on me from first listen
>>
i also like pink floyd, mac demarco and have feels!
>>
File: OK Kid.jpg (41 KB, 517x480) Image search: [Google]
OK Kid.jpg
41 KB, 517x480
>>54521293
>>
I stopped listening after No Love Deep Web
>>
1. Beware
2. Up My Sleeves
3. Whatever I Want
4. On Gp
5. Artificial Death

youre welcome, you can end the thread now
>>
Why a bitch gotta lie is their best IMO. The last minute is fucking glorious. The way the mc ride fades out with the vocoder is easily one of their best moments ever, if not THE best.
>>
>>54521293
Ok Kid...
>>
jenny death was a flop
>>
1. Klink
2. Takyon
3. Birds
4. Full Moon
5. Lost Boys
21323. anything off Jenny Death
Full Moon and Lost Boys are good songs I love those songs but I guess I could see how its just my opinion I guess.
But Takyon, Klink, and Birds are without doubt their 3 best songs you idiots.
>>
>>54521498
just like ur mums pussy
>>
>>54521504
No u are idiot!!!! :DD:D hah
>>
>>54521171
holy shit replace TPTB for Anne Bonny and you got mine
>>
>>54521577

NOOOOO

Klink
Takyon
Birds
>>
>>54521171
>title track that high
my fucking nigga, agree with your top 5 although i'd replace black quarterback with up my sleeves (even though black quarterback is fucking godtier)
>>
File: objectivefact.png (3 MB, 2000x1122) Image search: [Google]
objectivefact.png
3 MB, 2000x1122
>>54521504
>>54521293
>these faggots who think ExM and TMS are among their best work
>>
>>54521293
faggot ass bitch
>>
>>54521617
Up My Sleeves was actually my #6... In fact Up My Sleeves and Black Quarterback are pretty interchangeable.
>>54521587
Anne Bonny still is in my top 10. Even though GP is my least favorite DG release.
>>
>>54521647

>these faggots who pretend to like Jenny Death and won't admit how badly Niggas on the moon sucked

and no because I love Government Plates
>>
>>54521844
>how badly NOTM sucked
your pleb is showing
>>
>>54521844
>pretend to like Jenny Death
but it's great you faggot
>Niggas on the moon sucked
literal pleb
I bet you can't even name a single flaw in NOTM
>>
>>54521844
lol get a load of this pleb
>>
>>54521647
are you >implying that people who don't like
>I'M BOUNCING, WOOOP WOOP
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>SOMEBODY KILL MEEE
>AHHHH
>W-w-w-w-w-w Whammy
do it because they are just banger beat bros and don't care about lyrics? NoTM is phenomenal but NLDW is among their worst, especially lyrics-wise
>>
>>54521997
this
>>
Why did Jenny Death and niggas on the moon sound so different when they're supposedly the same album? Up My Sleeves/Powers That B are the only songs that fit in on either side. I love the sound of Jenny Death but I wish this release was a bit more consistent with the first half of the album.
>>
TMS > EXM > TPTB > NLDW > GP
>>
>>54522031
Different sides to the same coin.
I personally believe that NotM is supposed to represent facing internal struggle, and coping with it, and Jenny Death is how the internal struggle affects you on the outside and what it makes you do and say to the people around you.
>>
>>54521936

it sucked it was boring they didn't know what they were doing for the first time it felt like they didn't know what direction they were headed it made the breakup make complete sense bjork is annoying all the songs sounded the same the album was very subdued but forceful in an annoying way, just drums hitting against your ear how they did it in NLDW in a few songs but it was cool in NLDW but here it sounded so tedious
>>
>>54521997
>'M BOUNCING, WOOOP WOOP
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>SOMEBODY KILL MEEE
>AHHHH
>W-w-w-w-w-w Whammy
you can do this with any one of their albums

Also it you've listened to NLDW once

Lock Your Doors and Black Dice are lyrical masterpieces and are better than anything on ExM and TMS
>>
>>54522114
>Bjork is annoying
opinion discarded
>>
>>54521997
hahahaha lol
>>
>>54522136
hey buddy, if you're going to talk about lyrical masterpieces in NLDW at least mention Artificial Death...
Either way those tracks do have lyrics that are even better than the average DG song, but World of dogs, whammy, bass rattles stars off the sky, the last verses of hunger games and stockon are pretty bad. you're constantly feeling Ride trying to convey imagery and make statements on his psyche that are way less brilliant and unique than he believes them to be. and notm perfects the semi abstract, rich in vocabulary and oscurely descriptive style so i rarely relisten to nldw
>>
>>54522114
>it sucked
>it was boring
>it made the breakup make complete sense >bjork is annoying
nice arguments faglord

>it felt like they didn't know what direction they were headed
it seemed that they had a pretty clear direction to me

>all the songs sounded the same
you clearly weren't paying attention

>the album was very subdued but forceful in an annoying way, just drums hitting against your ear
I don't have this impression from it at all, please elaborate
>>
So yeah On GP is their best
>>
>>54522088
That interpretation actually makes sense with the lyrics, will consider it next listen.
>>
requesting back-up boys

http://strawpoll.me/3938503/
>>
>>54522929
Damn.. I love Death Grips but . . .
>>
Artificial death in the west should be the last and final song after their next break-up
>>
>>54521844
seriously, i HATED niggas on the moon because i found it to abstract and incoherent but now i seriously think it is as good as GP ( my favourite )... it's just their last accessible album I think. each releases of DG are just so different.
>>
>>54521149
i want it i need it would be their best song if the drums in the chorus didnt sound so fucking lame
>>
>>54523366
Why do pelple love GP all of a sudden? It was regarded as their worst for a long time (and personally i still do) but during the wait for JD it suddenly became the favourite DG album of like 50 % of the posters.
My opinion of the album doesn't even matter, I just want to know why everyone suddenly changed their minds.
>>
>>54523540
Because Fantano gave it a 6 and they want to look cool.
>>
>>54523540
I'm sure part of it is just people being contrarian to fantano's review, but I can see why someone would legitimately think it's their best
>>
>>54523540
Pantano gave it a bad score so a lot of people just went with it. I thought it was a very interesting albums but fantano did bring up some good points. Now people are revisiting it and forming their own opinions.
>>
>>54523540
it's strange because I can't be tired of it like i am with TMS or NLDW. I just like the production on each songs it's catchy as fuck like exmilitary.
>>
Hey everyone, what's Death Grips' best meme? I'm looking to get into meme rap.

I've tried liking EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and Jenny Death When but these memes are too inaccessible. Where should I start in their meme-ography?

Cheers guys
>>
File: 1426444734858.jpg (837 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1426444734858.jpg
837 KB, 1280x1280
>>54523540

People just didn't like it because Fantano panned it. Even he admitted he was wrong and changed his opinion on the album, even got the limited edition vinyl. GP has been my favorite release of theirs ever since it was released. They nailed the aesthetic they were going for, it's their most cohesive album. Two Heavens is top 3 DG material.
>>
>>54523849
>He admitted he was wrong
Fucking no he didn't you fucking contrarian faggot. God damn.
>>
>>54523865

>doesn't follow Fantano on Twitter
>>
>>54521171
I don't really why people love Centuries of Damn
Its an okay song for Death Grips but ultimately its just boring and repetitive
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.