[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People aren't listening to the most socially important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
>People aren't listening to the most socially important and artistically brilliant album released this week
>people are instead listening to something mainly to fit in with their online friends so they can keep up with the injokes
Seriously though, how fucking amazing is To Pimp A Butterfly? Anyone of any race can accept how fantastic it is in everything it attempts; its music is not necessarily modern but what it aims to do it does brilliantly. Every musical reference is done not as a pastiche but rather as an attempt to match what's been done before in quality. Lyrically the album looks at the struggles and progressions and regressions of the black community, looked at from several different viewpoints variously. Kendrick criticises where the reach for equality has gone, and wants black people to love themselves, and to end hatred throughout society rather than racism.
>>
favorite song from jenny death?
>>
File: 1424058849006.png (222 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1424058849006.png
222 KB, 500x281
>mfw someone who listens to kendrick accusing other people of listening to music to fit in
>>
TPAB isn't shit compared to TPTB, sorry.
>>
>>54436710
That statement might be relevant if we were talking about GKMC
>>
>>54436738
what messages does TPTB have that TPAB can't match up to? How much of Jenny Death has obviously been put together painstakingly and with an amazing attention to detail and effort? How much does Jenny Death challenge your views and attempt to make a certain impact on the listener and upon society?
>>
People have been posting about this album nonstop since it came out though.
>>
>>54436691
The Power that B
>>
>>54436630
>Listening to radio rap
Pleb, get out.
>>
>>54436710
what's she doing at my office?
she's the hottest on game of thrones but beesly is the hottest at the office. pls go away and stop ruing my fantasies
>>
just came to say that everyone already got bored of TPAB
>>
>>54436710
are you fucking serious? Half the DG fans on /mu/ don't enjoy the music as much as they do making fun of Death Grips subversively. I remember some of them practically forgot that The Powers That B was the name of the album and instead just kept calling it Jenny Death
>>
>>54436899
>I got bored of TPAB
>therefore everyone already got bored of TPAB
>>
>>54436845
>impact on society
This guy is a time traveller from the 60s and still thinks music can change anything, ahaha.
>>
>>54436963
Hip-Hop is culture, you idiot. Of course, prototypical Death Grips fans have little to no knowledge of Hip-Hop as a culture
>>
File: this fuckin guy ash.jpg (149 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
this fuckin guy ash.jpg
149 KB, 500x375
>>54436691
beyond alive
>>
>>54437067
Dirty, stinking hippies were culture too. They believed they could change the world with music.
>They didn't
>>
>>54436630

>downloaded TPAB
>listened to it one time
>felt cucked
>delete it

seriously how are you supposed to like this album if you are white?
>>
>>54437528
If you're not racist, I'd say you can appreciate the lyrics and the message.
>>
>>54437528
You aren't. This is album is like Russell Brand for black people.
It spouts a bunch of shit everybody already knows, but makes it seem profound enough that insecure blacks want to cling to it and feel enlightened.
If the thing that inspires you to change the world is a shit-tier rap album, you don't deserve the change.
>>
>>54437598
>If you're not racist

Nice try libtard. Your labeling won't discredit me here on the internet!

It's a decent album, pretty strong. I'd say a 7. Kendricks still a dumb nigger though, and missing the point as usual.

Never remember it's only impressive because he's black and not a real human.
>>
>>54437528
Do you also do this for fem-songwriters? Empathy and perspective are alternatives to relatability
>>
>>54436691
Death Grips 2.0
>>
>>54437453
Didn't they? I feel like the protest music against Vietnam almost certainly had an effect on public opinion and public opinion definitely had a massive effect on the fate of Vietnam.
>>
>>54437689
>>54437701
almost fell for it, kids. try harder
>>
File: armand-hammer-race-music.jpg (227 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
armand-hammer-race-music.jpg
227 KB, 620x620
>>54436630
dude if you want "struggles and progressions and regressions of the black community" then listen to BLACK MESSIAH or Race Music. Hell even Race Music could be a tribute to both Malcolm X and Garveyism.
>>
>>54437839
>opinions contrary to mine are bait

you too, i guess?
>>
>>54437598

>black power
>muh dik
>ooga booga
>where da white wimmin at?
>white people so racis'

incredible message
>>
>>54437802
No, they didn't. Public opinion involved a lot of people who didn't approve of hippies, especially their shitty music.
I'm all for changing the world, but you're denying yourself progress if you think an album is going to do it, sorry guys.
>>
File: back.jpg (195 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
195 KB, 1200x1200
Who the fuck is Kendrick Lamar? I'm sorry OP, AotY dropped and seemingly you missed the memo.
>>
>>54437946
Jesus, it's like they realised people only like them ironically and decided to exclusively make everything derivative.
>>
>>54436630
this dude straight up admitted to not reading books... how intelligent can he be?
>>
>>54436691
Turned Off
>>
>>54436630
I'm with you OP. This album is important and I'm excited to see its ramifications in today's culture.
>>
>>54438330
>its ramifications
Kendrick made a lot of money. There you go.
>>
File: stirner.gif (5 KB, 200x175) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
5 KB, 200x175
>>54436630
>socially important and artistically brilliant

people actually believe this?
>>
>>54438392
Your accusation is a spook
>>
>>54438409
kendrick is a spook
>>
>>54438392
no corn, father.
>>
>>54438488
speaking of corn, John Redcorn is an underrated KOTH character
>>
Anyone comparing TPAB with TPTB is a moron. They are two entirely different albums with execution that is totally unique to each other.

To Pimp A Butterfly is a great record.
The Powers That B is a great record.

It doesn't all have to be a competition just because they're both albums rooted in rap music. Smh
>>
people are still talking about this album?

sage
>>
>>54438504
kek, I should really watch some more koth. should I just start from season 1? I've seen a variety of episodes, is it solid throughout?
>>
>>54438650
This entire thread was started as a bait to make DG fans mad
/mu/ is funny
>>
its funny, if you listen to a pimp a butterfly then GKMC you realize how good GKMC actually is
>>
>>54438726
Season 2 - 6 is the true golden age.
>>
>>54438726
writing gets lazier bobby improves
>>
>>54437067
>muh hip hop
>people like things I don't like
everyone knows dg isn't hip hop bud
>>
>>54438787
>>54438855
alright, sounds like I should just start from the beginning. thanks dudes.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.