[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>post "damn kendrick put george clinton on to pimp a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: king kunta 4ch.webm (663 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
king kunta 4ch.webm
663 KB, 480x480
>post "damn kendrick put george clinton on to pimp a butterfly" on fb
>instantly white people start liking my status, commenting on how incredible this album is
>mfw I'm black and my white friends like an album that starts with "ever nigger is a star" with a lead single called "king kunta"
>mfw tons of white people seem to any kind of music with "kill whitey" type themes

Can someone explain how this shit even happens? Why do whites love this shit so much. Not that I'm complaining when white girls do it, but still. It's kinda weird.
>>
File: smug frogs.png (268 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smug frogs.png
268 KB, 499x499
>>54333608
>mfw black people like OP have contempt for white people because they're jealous of how much better we are at everything except for hip hop

give us a few years and white people will improve hip hop as a genre like we have with every other genre of music, OP.
>>
White guilt.
>>
File: oh_yes.jpg (40 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
oh_yes.jpg
40 KB, 500x365
>>54333677
Except all the best musicians are black. Personally the only white musicians I'd put in my top 10 are Bjork and Radiohead.
>>
So what you're saying is that only nignogs and wiggers listen to this? Bottom of the barrel people for a bottom of the barrel genre.
>>
File: smug frog penn.jpg (69 KB, 498x668) Image search: [Google]
smug frog penn.jpg
69 KB, 498x668
>>54333738
>Except all the best musicians are black
>>
It's rap for white liberals.

I'm black and I think this record is shit and you should too
>>
>>54333791
>>54333757
samefag
>>
>>54333811
Nope. I'm not some darkie. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1422496015251.gif (913 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422496015251.gif
913 KB, 500x375
>>54333738
>>
>>54333790
Some of the best musicians are Jazz musicians who are black.
>>
>>54333608
White guilt is a confusing thing OP.

I don't get it either.
>>
>>54333845
canterbury scene outdoes them
>>
King Kendrick!
I grovel at your feet!
I scour the dirt road in search of your nutritious seed!
Yes!

>Not that I'm complaining when white girls do it

You horndog, you!
>>
>>54333677
But white people fucking ruined jazz.
>>
File: smug.png (1 KB, 348x320) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
1 KB, 348x320
>>54333887
kenny g is jewish
>>
>>54333608
if it makes you feel better OP, i'm white and i think it's pretty shit so far
halfway through institutionalized rn
>>
Sorry. I forgot that since I'm a white person (and obviously a slave owner by proxy), I'm not allowed to listen to anything that supports black people. Whoops!
>>
>>54333791
conservatard here

TPAB is 9/10. He can rap about whatever dumb shit he wants when the music is this good.
>>
>>54333874
Nah, avant-garde jazz before Caterbury scene is mindblowing considering context as well as just the music.
>>
It's pretty obvious. It's just white guilt. It blinds them because they have been taught to believe that they deserve the hatred and prejudice; that they are somehow to blame for the actions of their ancestors. It's really sad and themes like this are hurtful to society and are just fueled by hatred and racism.
>>
>>54333920
Yes, but he has white skin. He counts.
Actually, I was thinking of shit like the Original Dixieland Jazz Band and then Dave Brubeck, so I guess whities and Jews ruined jazz three times, not just once.
>>
>>54333966
that isn't at all what it means to acknowledge your own privilege
>>
>>54333966
we can see whether or not you're a new ip to this thread. stop samefagging.
>>
Not everybody takes thinks seriously and literally. When I first heard that "every nigger is a star" sample I wasn't sitting there thinking "yeah man I totally agree, all niggers are stars. I love BBC in my ass right now". It's just something I overlook.
>>
>>54333874
Canterbury scene records always get bogged down by silly pop songs. I never got the appeal of it past a few of the most famous records of the genre
>>
File: 1396328771436.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1396328771436.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>54333608

so people should only listen to or experience things made by their specific culture and nothing else?

its 2015 for fucks sake, i can show a picture of my dick to someone living in finland if i want to. culture spreads. the world is connected now. deal with it and stop being a cunt
>>
>>54334025
That was my first post. This is my second
>>
File: tumblr_n0rpiaFQMh1rapmzlo1_400.jpg (14 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0rpiaFQMh1rapmzlo1_400.jpg
14 KB, 360x480
Its called counterculture. The same shit that happened in the 30's and the same shit happened in the 60's. At some point, the generation of privilege will become disillusioned with the privileged people they descended from and as such they do the opposite of what's expected of them.

Happened to society at the turn of the century when women started smoking and being comfortable with their sexuality.

Happened in the sixties when white people started being bum asses who sat smoked weed all day (which they now accuse and vilify blacks for doing)

Now the counterculture thing is to be into black culture. You can hear it in the music and the way people talk. I student teach at a redneck school and all they listen to is rap.

Funny enough, once all the counterculture movements come of age they simply abandon their old ways and reassimilate into expectation culture. The flappers became housewives, the hippies own businesses in Colorado and I'm sure in thirty years the culture appropriators will disassociate themselves with anyhting black.
>>
>>54333608
they read "to kill a mockingbird" in high school and want to be the white guy that sides with black guys

except probably 90% of white kids do this, so it's not special like they want it to be. plus there's hardly any racists anymore (outside of 4chan), so it's pretty much just one massive cultural strawman circlejerk.

they think not being racist is some sort of admirable quality and need to show everyone, and they think they can do this by listening to black artists and showing everyone that they listen to black artists. then they all pat each other on the back for liking something made by black people because it shows how tolerant they are. then they talk about how bad racists are and how evil they are and how they've never actually met one or seen one but they must be out there and we need to fight this.

also cultural appropriation
>>
>>54334111
have you ever been to the south/midwest?
>>
>>54333608
I agree that there are a lot of white people who try too hard to be huge hip hop fans as if that somehow makes black people like them more (spoiler alert whites: just be yourself and don't be racist, that will make blacks trust/like you).

But come on man, this is Kendrick and the most hyped album of the year, everyone's excited. Plus the only white people who take "kill whitey" personally are /pol/fags
>>
>>54334111
>plus there's hardly any racists anymore (outside of 4chan)

Post disregarded because you obviously never leave your room
>>
>>54334104
>and I'm sure in thirty years the culture appropriators will disassociate themselves with anyhting black.

I already have. It's juvenile and racist to try to appropriate their culture and encourage the worst of them.
>>
>>54334201
thanks for proving my point

>"there's racists out there somewhere guys, I just know it! we gotta fight the injustice!"
>>
>>54334243
see
>>54334277
>>
oh shit nigga you best believe KTT in this
>>
>>54334104
White people have always fetishized black culture in America. It's all been one big fucking minstrel show from the beginning of the history of recorded music.
>>
>>54334243
>>54334201
ive lived on the west side of charlotte for 5 years and i have literally never heard the word nigger or seen anybody be racist towards blacks
>>
>>54334217
>just be yourself and don't be racist, that will make blacks trust/like you).

You can trust racist people.
>>
>>54333738
cuck
>>
>>54334593
nc?
>>
File: haroldshirt.jpg (23 KB, 335x363) Image search: [Google]
haroldshirt.jpg
23 KB, 335x363
>>54333608
>mfw when some albino ass /tv/ shitposter pretends to be black

top b8 m8
>>
>>54333608
sorry, but I have a very hard time imagining a black person greentexting
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.