[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i into noise rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_lqi5vea4fm1qhnsbj.jpg (86 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqi5vea4fm1qhnsbj.jpg
86 KB, 500x345
give me 5 albums i will like

the only thing resembling noise rock that i currently listen to is hella's hold your horse is.
>>
If you like Hella, you will like Lightning Bolt, if you like Hella and Lightning Bolt, you will like Deerhoof. Deerhoof is only slightly noisy, but they're excellent at mixing jazz and rock together, the result can be dissonant and cool.
>>
if you like hella listen to don cabellero and rumah sakit
>>
Orthelm
>>
>>54332115
where to start with lightning bolt
>>
>>54332115
>>54332201
>>54332225
Thanks hoes
>>
>>54332084
Try this 5:
Big Black - Atomizer
Swans - Cop
Sonic Youth - Bad Moon rising
Rapeman - Two nuns and a pack mule
The jesus lizard - Goat
>>
>>54332084
Hella is more math rock but whatever.
Here's a list:
Whores. - Ruiner
EXIT_INTERNATIONAL - Black Junk
Shellac - At Action Park
The Jesus Lizard - Goat
Helmet - Strap It On
>>
>>54332084
Daydream-era Sonic Youth is a good entry point into Noise Rock. Methodic noise might give you some more insight into the more mindless stuff that's out there.
>>
>>54332280
the latest 3 albums fantasy empire, oblivion hunter, and earthly delights are the most accessible. Go to a concert if you can because seeing them live will definitely win you over even if their albums do not (and then their albums will sound great after you see them live)
>>
>>54332373
huh is daydream nation really considered noise rock? entry level i guess?

>>54332320
>>54332334

Also whats with these band/album names lmao, is this just a noise rock thing?
>>
Brainiac
Melt-Banana
Health
Ruins
>>
Is Boris a noise band ?
>>
>>54332713
boris is more along the lines of stoner/sludge/drone drone metal
>>
DAUGHTERS
>>
A lot of this stuff is a little too aggro, outwardly angry for me, what's some more introverted angry noise rock?
>>
>>54332446
Noise rock having juvenile edgy band/album names is kinda its thing. Don't forget "the butthole surfers" or Drunkdriver - Born Pregnant. Harry Pussy, of course along with the many others that i'm forgetting
>>
>>54333130
White Suns - Totem is what you're looking for
>>
File: Noise_rock.jpg (2 MB, 1575x1636) Image search: [Google]
Noise_rock.jpg
2 MB, 1575x1636
The suggestions in this thread are good starting points. If you find yourself interested, check this chart out. I think it's one of the better charts that /mu/ generated.
>>
>>54333130
Chokebore - A Taste For Bitters is restrained and frustrated.
>>
daughters - s/t
>>
>>54332743
right, thanks
>>
Does anyone have a link or could make a link for Wolf Eyes - Dead Hills
>>
>>54332320
The names match the music, unapologetic and disturbing.
>>
>>54333687
meant to quote >>54332446
>>
>>54333280
I second this chart anon. It helped me get really into some of my favorite bands.

Would also recommend Coughs - Fright Makes Right
>>
>>54333835
That's one of my favorite noise rock albums :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIDiS7VuL0

This track is so good. I'm assuming you listen to Guerilla Toss. If not, listen to them.
>>
>>54333906
Yea I love their records. Nothing beats them live though. It was one of the most fun shows I have ever been to. The show took place in an old abandoned house in New Orleans. Twas fucking amazing.
>>
>>54334144
Sounds sick. I saw them once and it definitely was one of the more fun house shows I've been to.
>>
>>54333130
Skullflower. They can do super-aggro jams as well as brooding drone closer to dark ambient.
>>
>>54333835
>>54333906
These guys know what's up.

I always wish Gila Monster would quit being pieces of shit and get their act together on a full album, but I doubt it will ever happen

http://gilamonsternoise.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-girls-single
>>
>>54334144
>Twas

No. Just no.
>>
>>54332084
listen to Arab On Radar and also start getting into no wave
>>
>>54333222
>>54333130
Sinews > Totem
>>
>>54332320
These are usually in the list I give to my friends looking to start out with noise rock
For good measure I usually throw in
Scratch Acid - Greatest Gift
Dope Body - Natural History for some modern stuff
and for the guys who are already into extreme sounding music I'll rec
Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow
Black Eyes - Black Eyes
>>
>>54333280
mfw my favorite album Hell Songs is on here

N I C E

Also am I retarded or is Teeny Shiny not on here
>>
Alright noise rock bros gimme your top 5 noise rock albums released after 2000 here's mine
1. Dope Body - Natural History
2. mclusky - mclusky Do Dallas
3. Black Eyes - Black Eyes
4. Zs - Xe
5. tie between Melt-Banana - Cell Scape and White Suns - Sinews
>>
>>54336304
scratch or stitch is on their instead
>>
>>54336406
literally just hit play on Cell Scape noice
>>
check thin privilege out
>>
>>54336438
My n-word

Fave japanoise record? Cell Scape or Scratch Or Stictch is mine
>>
>>54333280
I remember when this chart was getting put together. A shitload of people contributed to it.
Good times.
>>
>>54336500
soul discharge
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.