[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concert General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Concert General.jpg (153 KB, 695x463) Image search: [Google]
Concert General.jpg
153 KB, 695x463
Do we still know what to do, /mu/?

>Recent concerts + reviews
>Upcoming concerts + recs
>General concert discussion
>>
File: 1349425456458.jpg (17 KB, 307x371) Image search: [Google]
1349425456458.jpg
17 KB, 307x371
GOING TO SEE LIGHTNING BOLT W/ METZ LEAVING RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT HYPE
>>
>>55240810
saw Clark and Nosaj Thing, it was alright
saw Open Mike Eagle, fucking great
saw Grouper and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma and Bitchin' Bajas and Gregg Kowalsky at a small fest amongst others, very memorable

haven't seen much this year but it's cool
>>
Saw a TON of shows in the past week, including Sufjan, Lightning Bolt, Metz, Mark McGuire, The Soft Moon, Cold Specks, and Noveller.
Sufjan was actually a bit underwhelming because of how restrained he sounded (his voice was a bit raspy too), but the interpretations and expansions of the Carrie & Lowell material were stunning. It sounded like he felt obligated to play some material of Illinois and even rushed through Concerning the UFOs..., which made me wish he just played whatever he wanted to instead of appealing to the more basic fans in the audience. It was still a great show, but I enjoyed his 2012 Christmas tour show more.

>Upcoming
4/22 - Neutral Milk Hotel / Circulatory System
4/29 - Speedy Ortiz / Krill
5/5-6 - The Replacements
5/16 - Tame Impala
5/28-31 - Nelsonville Music Festival
6/4 - My Morning Jacket
6/6 - Father John Misty
6/10 - Shabazz Palaces
6/23-24 - My Morning Jacket
7/7 - Steve Gunn / Jennifer Castle
7/17 - Lower Dens
8/10 - Dinosaur Jr.

>>55241003
I saw them last night and they were both fantastic, enjoy the show man!
>>
Why is /mu/ obsessed with Fantano? I mean Christ, he's even in OP's picture.
>>
>>55241859
>6/4 My Morning Jacket
you lucky son of a bitch.

Liturgy w/ Lightning Bolt on 4/29
I'm hype.
>>
>>55240810
Odonis Odonis/Ice Balloons - both of them put on a great show. Odonis Odonis were testing out a lot of new material for an album they have coming out later this year. I really liked it. Ice Balloons were cool too. They have a bass/korg synth/harp/drummer + vocalist who wears a bug mask and visuals done by Kyp Malone of TV on the Radio. The end result was pretty cool. I hope to see both again sometime.

Alice Gerrard - She's an American treasure. 84 year old woman who looks like she's 60 but plays traditional folk/bluegrass music. Her voice is still strong and seeing her isn't something to be done purely for nostalgia purposes. Excellent story teller as well.

Sebadoh - met Lou, who is one of my favorite musicians ever. First time seeing them. They were one of my favorite bands in high school and still are today. Great show too.

White Reaper - saw them in February. They previewed a lot of stuff off the new album and I think it is going to be awesome.

>Upcoming concerts + recs
April 24 - David Dondero
April 28 - Water Liars
May 10 - Acid Mothers Temple (maybe)
May 11 - Lightning Bolt/Whatever Brains
May 22 - UFOMAMMUT/Usnea (maybe)
May 25 - Melt Banana (maybe)
June 14 - Iceage
July 18 - Dinosaur Jr

Also seeing a bunch of local shit and going to my city's art festival which features free music including Those Darlins, but I don't think anything else is worth mentioning by name,

>>55241402
What festival?

>>55241859
I saw the Replacements last year. You are in for a good show. Steve Gunn is awesome too.
>>
>>55242190
>July 18 - Dinosaur Jr
You in NC?
>>
>>55242190
Would you recommend seeing Ice Balloons? They're playing near me for for $5 next Sunday.

I caught The Replacements' first reunion show at Riot Fest 2013 and loved it, but from what I've heard they've really tightened up their act and are playing a ton more material so I'm psyched to get another chance to see them.
>>
>>55240810
Is that needledrop screaming with glasses?
>>
>>55242265
Yes. Raleigh.

>>55242275
If you are into art punk or just want to see something different, I 100% recommend it. The lead singer has awesome stage presence too.

I saw the Replacements at Shaky Knees. They played for longer than their time slot allowed them too and delayed Modest Mouse because they wanted to continuously go. I loved it. I wish they'd come back down South. If they were close enough I'd try to go again.
>>
>>55242317
>art punk
sounds right up my alley, plus I listened to a couple of their sounds and they sound pretty great. Thanks man!
>>
>>55242378
I hope you like them. I talked to the harp player after the show and she was super nice. Have fun!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.