[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STOP SAYING IDM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: aphex-twin-2.jpg (515 KB, 610x896) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-2.jpg
515 KB, 610x896
''idm'', nu jazz, acid jazz, future jazz, trip hop, soulful house, chillout, lounge, broken beat, its all just downtempo.

>Downtempo is a genre of electronic music similar to ambient music, but usually with a beat or groove.[1]

>The tempo, as well as the drum patterns of each track can vary. Sometimes the beat can be restrained and/or simple. Sometimes the beats are more complicated and more featured instead of being in the background. The tempo is often slower than that of traditional electronic dance music.

>Downtempo encompasses a wider variety of styles than those terms alone would indicate. Due to the relaxing and often sensual or romantic feel of most downtempo music, it is a popular form of background music in 'chill out rooms' of dance parties, and many alternative cafes.

>The 1990s brought on a wave of slower paced music which was played throughout chillout rooms—the relaxation sections of the clubs or dedicated sections at music events.

>Downtempo music started to surface around Ibiza, when DJs and promoters would bring down the vibe with slower rhythm and gentler electronic music upon approaching sunrise. In the late 1980s, trip hop emerged from Bristol, which combined elements of hip hop beats, drum and bass breaks, and ambient atmospheres at a lower tempo. At the end of the 1990s a more melodic instrumental electronica incorporating acoustic sounds with electronic styles emerged under its own umbrella name of downtempo.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtempo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chill-out_music
>>
>>54241012
lounge was a genre way before the fucking 90s
>>
IDM = idiots describing music

like if you agree
>>
>>54241020
From the 20s in fact, not electronic music exclusively though.
>>
not really related at all but is there a cool word for breakcore without core in it
>>
>>54241071
You could just say fast breaks/breakbeat?

Its just a subgenre thereof.
>>
>>54241023

i thought of another one

rap = retards attempting poetry

should i send this in to knowyourmeme?
>>
>>54241012
ok braindance then
>>
>>54241071
no
>>
>>54241098
No, downtempo.

Or techno, or drill n' bass etc depending.
>>
braindance or techno fuck OP
>>
future jazz > techno
>>
>>54241236
techno fuck sounds good
>>
speaking of techno fuck recommend me good albums except from aphex twin
>>
File: Inuyasha.png (308 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Inuyasha.png
308 KB, 768x432
>>54241090
>>
dance music = music for the dancefloor
downtempo = music for chillout rooms / beach / home

They've been the staple umbrella terms for it since 1990, not sure how this is confusing? Not sure why such a huge reaching umbrella of ''electronic music'' ever came into existence.
>>
>>54241195
I didn't read your post completely yet but this style of music defined by songs like Vordhosbn and Mt Saint Michel for me and none of your suggestions will work with these songs.
>>
>>54241274
Bogdan Raczynski - Samurai Math Beats
Cylob - Bounds Green
Aleksi Perälä - Mental Union
>>
File: UR.jpg (290 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
UR.jpg
290 KB, 600x520
>>54241274
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Techno/
>>
why does it matter what you call it
it's still just dong music
>>
>>54241012
obviously anything fast is nightcore and anything slow is vaporwave
>>
>>54241636
>it's still just dong music

epik :^)
>>
>>54241594
fuck ye this album is the shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.