[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you don't really see how little he actually knows about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
you don't really see how little he actually knows about music until he talks about something you have autistic-savant levels of knowledge about

he really just a knows a little bit about a lot of genres and is articulate enough to cover that up when presenting it to people who don't know more than him
>>
Baby mad that he didn't 8/10 your mediocre album?
>>
>>54225805
fuck off faggot, fantano is great
>>
File: 1353818309102.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1353818309102.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>there's a cut between every description and buzzword he uses
>>
He kept saying 'fluttering'

It was annoying

Haven't listened to the album tho, I just watch for Cal :^)
>>
>>54225805
Is no notice people in this board don't go for educated opinions of people with knowledge in aesthetics.
>>
>>54225815
I don't give a shit what he thinks of the album, but he knows very little about the band, album, and genre.

>>54225821
He's really not and has been especially awful over the past year or so.
>>
>>54225889
pleb retard
>>
>>54225907
>defending a youtube music critic
>calling others plebs
>>
>>54225805
Record Spins guy pls go
>>
>>54225821
>fantano is great
nah
honestly don't get why people pay attention to him
his humor is cringey as fuck (really just awful and not funny at all) . i never found his reviews to be all that insightful either.
>>
>>54225805
Only little children take this guy seriously
>>
>>54225805
i agree. when he's talking about shit i have no clue about, i'm like yeah ok whatever.
when he's talking about an album that i know really well, im like no, dude, you're wrong and im never watching your videos again.
>>
>>54225979
Exactly. They're only insightful if you aren't well-versed in what he's talking about.
>>
Why would I want to watch a video of a guy reviewing an album when I can listen to albums instead
>>
>>54225995
FUCK you!!!!!!!! gffuuckl f!!!!!!! fuck outgff you fucking autismo!!!!!!!!! FUCKo yu!~
>>
>>54226018
because his unhip music dismissal character is hilarious xDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>54225805
This isn't really news. He doesn't have much depth of knowledge in most genres, but his breadth is still impressive.
>>
>>54226094
hes a big guy
>>
I don't watch much of him, but I don't recall him ever claiming to be an expert, pal. He's just entertaining to watch and is very active. Stop bitching about something that doesn't even matter.
>>
>>54225889
What is the band? Can you tell me more about it? Demonstrate your superior knowledge and the such.
>>
>>54226125
>Stop bitching about something that doesn't even matter.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
>>
is the new lightning bolt out or is it just a stream rip
>>
>>54226154
>reviewing music
>mattering
>>
>>54226154
tru
>>
>>54226015
This. It's surface level descriptions of music and nothing more. A bunch of adjectives are nice if you want to know what something sounds like, but he almost never gives true insight as to why all those adjectives relate to the overall effect of a record

>>54226125
Just because you're comfortable being spoonfed warm diarrhea through your laptop screen doesn't mean everybody else should be
>but I don't recall him ever claiming to be an expert
>internet's busiest music nerd
>>
The butthurt is dank in this thread. It's hilarious

People getting mad because they disagree with Anthony's opinions lol

He never claimed to have any special knowledge or is fanatical about any bands. He is a music nerd; someone who enjoys listening to music a lot. Why would he care about any superfluous info other than the music. Of course he gives background to the extent of his abilities but it's mostly just there for some helpful context. that shouldn't determine the quality of his review

His reviews are just his own personal opinions, not anything objective at all. If you can get that upset over someone's opinion, then maybe you shouldn't be on the Internet lol
>>
>>54226144
Well in this example, Lightning Bolt. Doesn't know how Chippendale performs his vocals (contact mic in a mask)despite it being one of the most instantly distinct aspects of the band, does not acknowledge that the bass is only a bass in name and is in fact tuned like a cello, keeps referring to the album as "stripped back" despite the fact that it's some of the most complex and interesting music they've written AND their only record recorded professionally in a studio, and makes some shit as fuck comparison to DFA1979 (XD DAE BASS GUITAR SLIGHTLY MELODIC BASS RIFFS = DFA XD)

it's just a bad review
>>
>>54226245
Since when does being 'busy' or a 'music nerd' mean he thinks he's an expert? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>54225805
It's pretty apparent that he's a melon who doesn't know shit about a lot of the things he reviews. Mr. "Trap Influenced Beats" has to review everything because he doesn't want to just dominate a niche audience for a single genre like Dead End Hip Hop. It works for him though. He has a large following as a result of his strategy to know a little about a lot.
>>
>>54226295
are you anthony fandango in da felsh
>>
>>54226323
No, I'm just not a moron.
>>
>>54226154
Yes, my warriors, rise! Tonight we fight the evil FAndango, Destroyer of Worlds! All society and music culture will be laid waste if this monster is allowed to continue to make reviews. If you care about your homes, your families, then do not shirk your duty! Join me in glorious Jihad against Anthony and his vile toady, Count Cal von Cucaracha!
>>
>>54226341
are u sure
>>
>>54226364
nope xDDd
>>
>>54225979
What if I told you that humor is subjective?
I don't find him funny but I can understand that some do
Is this really that hard to grasp for people?
>>
>>54225805
He's simply ignorant about music. However he reviews quite a bit of different music so I can't fault him for that.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.