[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Potato edition. Share WIPs, discuss software and gear, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 3jHlBkk.jpg (225 KB, 885x886) Image search: [Google]
3jHlBkk.jpg
225 KB, 885x886
Potato edition.

Share WIPs, discuss software and gear, and regret using 120 instead of 125 bpm.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for posting WiPs
No one gives a print about your soundcloud, so don't post it unless specifically asked to.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff:
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q (embed)

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki

also, /prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to http://www.rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client here https://hexchat.github.io/downloads.html
>>
File: freqresponse.png (68 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
freqresponse.png
68 KB, 350x280
>>54218790
first for MDR-V6's frequency response
>>
I can never figure out what else to add to my tracks.

Why is songwriting so difficult for me?

Production and synthesis is no problem, but like ugh.

Perhaps I've stepped away from the project for too long or something.
>>
Hey /prod/ and fellow bassplayers, what do you think about this bassline? I'm just a drummer trying to music.

Do you have any tips when it comes to create basslines?

https://clyp.it/j43nmkr0
>>
>>54219091
Do you know any music theory?
>>
>>54219130
A little bit, I just started to understand chords and such.

OH, I have an idea, thanks. I remembered a link I have that should give me some guidance.
>>
File: tumblr_nja7kqKVQ21qzpwppo3_1280.jpg (117 KB, 800x525) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nja7kqKVQ21qzpwppo3_1280.jpg
117 KB, 800x525
I'll start with a question...I've been using Logic X for a while now and I'm not satisfied with any of the options for beatmaking, is it possible to make glitchy beats in a fairly intuitive manner in Logic or do I need some sort of plugin? I'm open to using another VST alltogether because frankly I'm more used to hardware and I'm not finding Logic especially efficient for making the kinds of electronic music I'm interested in
>>
>>54219102
This isnt bad. For writing a bassline you can just take the lower notes of the chords you're using and play them a fifth lower. Or an octave (or a few octaves) lower, whatever sounds good.
>>
>>54219130
I really like how this question can get asked without a shitstorm. In old production threads before /prod/, idiots would say shit like it "limits creativity" or think it's some sort of rule set, and fly off the handle at anyone who discussed it.

+1 for being adults
>>
>>54219379
>glitchy beats

Try Renoise. The demo's pretty good. It lets you save which is good but obv it doesnt let you render.
>>
>>54219379
Logic X has ultra beat and a exs24 sampler if you can't make a decent beat with either of those powerful beat makers then you must be doing something wrong m8
>>
>>54219415
I think it would be silly to disregard something so useful.
>>
Any ideas how to make the sound starting at 0:14?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FRm11igVnI
>>
>>54219593
It's kneejerk reactionary anti-intellectualism at its finest, there's no logic in it.
>>
Working on rough mixes for this EP that I'm recording for a band (for a class project)

https://clyp.it/kd5cotsg#

This monday/tuesday we're recording bass, sax and acoustic guitar
>>
>>54219840
h
n
n
g that was good
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Holy shit this thread needs a bump.

Some Oktava mics I have constant access to.
>>
Anybody have any experience with the Nebula 3 impulses/vectors/whatever the fuck they are?

I'm looking to get some of the tube saturation and dynamics stuff, is it really as good as people seem say they are?
>>
>>54222330

It's a bit of a messy interface (which isn't surprising considering the technology), but if you are looking for *that* sound and know your way around these things, you'll be blown away.

The first time I heard the AlexB stuff it brought tears of joy to my eyes..
>>
>>54218790
https://clyp.it/zw4nzmqy

Trying to make some dumb, cloudy, memphis stuff. The vocal samples are throwing me off.
>>
>>54223108

not him but this interests me. I guess Im just gonna look up AlexB but what kind of stuff did you hear? was it guitar cabinet responses or something else?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 640x960
bump with keemah
>>
What are the best multi-track software's for putting all my recordings together. Also taking into account all I have are all my recordings (bass, guitars etc) sitting on my computer, and all I want to do is place them together to create a track and do whatever production is necessary for a basic song, what else am I going to need? Am I going to need mixing software and shit too?
>>
Are like 80% of synth's presets supposed to have very light changes in pitch and timbre, kind of like if they were put through a phaser or is just something wrong with my headphones or soundcard?
>>
>>54225555
almost every daw would work fine. maybe learn the daw that your local studio uses

>>54223498
vocal samples are dpe turn down the rimshots
>>
>>54225684
That's a very vague question. But considering that you're browsing presets, you should probably start from scratch and just use unfiltered, unprocessed waveforms.
>>
>>54225684
thats probably just modulations and movement you're hearing
>>
>>54224190

The 76d limiter, 4K dynamics, tube console, just to name a few. CDSoundmasters vintage tube set is amazing as well. it's all cryptically named but it's all from classic gear, CL76, SSL 4000, Neve etc.

It's like cabinet responses but for full hardware units. It's a very, intricate form of sampling that sort of turns into a dynamic impulse process - what you're left with is the full range of a hardware processing unit. You'll want the respected 3rd party developers like AlexB, as these guys don't just turn the knobs and sample it into responses, they are experienced engineers who open up the insides and carefully "sample" each part and stage of the unit.

It's a bit of a mess to set up, basically the linux version of vsts (you'll have one "impulse set" for each ratio setting of a compressor, for instance, it gets worse with EQs), so it helps if you're already experienced with advanced audio processing. But it's soo worth it. If you need a bit of analog fairy dust on your mixes for cheap you simply can't do any better.
>>
>>54225720
who has a singular "local studio" that uses a singular daw? it's 2015
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.