[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What artist/artists create the best music to you. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 186x186
What artist/artists create the best music to you. I don't mean your favorite album but overall who has created your ideal vision of music? If only one of their albums makes you feel that way thats cool too.
>>
Boards of Canada actually

it's everything I always wanted but never knew, specifically MHTRTC and Tomorrow's Harvest

Also if I were to be in a super cool band, I would like to have created something like Spiderland
>>
Kairon;IRSE!

excellent album combo so far on their two releases.
>>
The alien kids
>>
>insert /mu/core artist here
>insert RYMcore artist here
>insert P4Kcore a artist here
>>
I feel like El-P makes everything I like in a hip hop beat. especially on I'll Sleep When You're Dead.
>>
the black lips

proper rock n roll
>>
>>54183760
In their own way, and especially here, those artists are popular and you're going to see a lot of them here for that reason. Not everyone has dug as deep into their favorite genres to have a special overlooked treasure to share with the world. So if you have one feel free to share it and explain why you feel that they create great music.
>>
Benefit the rapper. He barely makes any music though which is stupid and he has a dumb attitude about anything "mainstream"
>>
>>54183760
>>54184065

BTFO
>>
for me that'd be (a close relative of BoC) The Gasman.
while listening to some of his tunes I've almost felt the touch of god

'Flush'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AARtb1zXkg
the other example you'll need a spotify account for, since one can't find it elsewhere.
'Tube Worm'
https://open.spotify.com/track/2VqaDTNl5CahBwEdPWpb1e

also Luke Vibert and Kettel's discographies are about just as perfect as you can get. I'm an electro obsessive so I really don't listen to much other stuff.
>>
>>54184065
That sounds kinda pessimistic. Internet is an incredible help finding hidden gems.
>>
If this record was a little bit longer with a few more beautiful instrumental interludeish track like the cascades, and if it dabbled into jarring, experimental moments like The Argument a bit more, this would probably be my album of eternity.
>>
Wussy is the closest thing out there. They would need to be noisier to be perfect though.
>>
>>54184343
which is exactly why The Microphone's last few records are my "ideal visions of music".
>>
>>54184262
I feel like you kind of have to be pessimistic unless you're on a site that's dedicated to active discussion of an obscure and little known genre, then calling someone out on their shit opinion will do something. People shit posting on /mu/ will always happen due to ease of use and anonymity.
>>
Wouldn't consider them to be an exact ideal, but I like BoC's way of blending old school boom-bap hip-hop beats with schmaltzy analogue synth melodies while still managing to draw in a layer of darkness beneath it all. Blended my favorite elements of three of my most highly regarded genres seamlessly, all without seeming forced.
>>
Jaga Jazzist. It's the perfect blend of jazz, electronic, progressive rock, crunchy synth, off-kilter beats and occasional irregular time signatures. Highly looking forward to their new album
>>
early anco for is it for me
>>
>>54183634
BoC and Afx for me
>>
>>54183379
not to be this guy, but Aphex Twin, definitely. i heard him when i was 15 and it totally changed my perspective on music. 22 now and the effect hasn't worn off.
>>
>>54183379
BMSR for me. I've never heard anyone else like them, and their music just feels like it fits me to a T.
>>
Frank Zappa

If not for his music I probably wouldn't ever really appreciate the album format. He did so much with it, so many times

for context though I only like his 60s output
>>
File: The Books.jpg (72 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
The Books.jpg
72 KB, 500x492
Everything The Books has done has made the ideal combination of people, music, and electronics. It's just so unique that it makes everything I make feel like a copy of someone else. The Books are who I strive to be in terms of originality
>>
File: Koocha Monster EP cover.jpg (183 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Koocha Monster EP cover.jpg
183 KB, 700x700
I've only once had a desire for a certain unusual kind of music that was actually satisfied. When I was exploring Indian folk music I wound up falling in love with the Southern folk dance style, and I also happen to like Western bass/electronic music.

Then I found this EP. It's a fantastic synthesis of both styles of dance music, with Western styles like dubstep and reggae put together with folk beats and it even features one of the best Tamil folk singers on one song. It might be short, but it's the only thing like it. I think this producer is supposed to finally put out a full album sometime this year, though, so I'm hoping for more.

I dunno if it would necessarily count as my 'ideal vision of music,' since it's just dance music and I feel like my ideal vision would be more than that, but it's the only example I have of wishing for something musically and actually getting it.
>>
>>54185953
Imma check this out
>>
Since almost everyone already said Aphex, I'll say Wavves is, weirdly, one of my favorite bands. Guttural and angry, but Nathan Williams is kind of childish, so it comes off much more emotional and sensitive than most punk. Personally relatable for me.
>>
MADLIB THE BADKID
>>
File: FatherFigure HeavyMeddlers.jpg (41 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
FatherFigure HeavyMeddlers.jpg
41 KB, 350x350
Ideally, the music I'd like to make would be this. I love everything about this group. It's a shame they're considering splitting.
>>
>>54185852
>>54188417
i could agree with both of these
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.