[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i study in london but people only ever go out to the most mainstream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 858x536
i study in london but people only ever go out to the most mainstream venues - tiny clubs that play commercial remixes and top 40 "edm". does anyone know of any nights that play more interesting music or draw a more interesting crowd? back home i used to like "indie" nights and shows but anything slighly "different" has got to be more interesting than watching rugby players try to fuck female law students
>>
>>54145061
Are you serious?

London is one of the top 3 cities for nightlife in the world.
>>
I can find better nightlife than that and I live in Toronto.
You must not be looking hard enough.
>>
>>54145061
You're in fucking LONDON.
Seriously, just look about for flyers and get searching skiddle or RA or whatever for shit you're interested in.
>>
>>54145061
Fucking hell m8 you're hanging with the wrong people and not looking in the right places.
There's good stuff going on every single night if you look for it.
>>
any /mu/ friends at king's?
>>
http://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do-in-london-this-weekend

http://www.residentadvisor.net/events.aspx?ai=13
>>
>>54145068
i know, but i don't know anyone at uni who goes anywhere aside from the types of places i mentioned in my op
>>
>>54145176
see
>>54145169
>>54145108
Or last.fm will give you tailored guides to whos playing live near you based on your personal tastes.
>>
Is this b8? There's a lot of things missing in London (attractive people, decent food, teeth) but underground nightlife isn't one of them.
>>
>>54145198
Hey fuck you, we have teeth.

They're just yellow and chipped, uneven and eroded, blackened with smoke.
>>
if i had just a small group of friends with similar interests to me life would be so much more bearable
>>
>>54145198
You've obviously never been to London if you think there's a lack of attractive people, good food or nice teethy pegs.
>>
>>54145198
there are definitely better things than what op is describing
>>
I've lived in London for three years and may be able to help.

What sort of genres of music are you interested in seeing?
>>
>>54145198

8/10

Very triggered. Not over the edge.
>>
london people are fucking dreadful

this isn't even a north vs south thing, i live in bristol and even then the difference is astounding

just go on the tube for 10 minutes and watch. it's literally procession of dead-eyed people who either want to self-harm, or want to hurt you

whenever anyone does speak they're always fucking rude too
>>
>>54145254
>london people are fucking dreadful
All 8,600,000 of them?

>this isn't even a north vs south thing, i live in bristol and even then the difference is astounding
Enjoy your crap graf, dreadlocks and trip-hop.

>just go on the tube for 10 minutes and watch. it's literally procession of dead-eyed people who either want to self-harm, or want to hurt you
Tired people commuting to and from work aren't jolly anywhere.

>whenever anyone does speak they're always fucking rude too
Maybe they're rude to you because you're a bellend?
>>
>>54145293
No he's right
>>
>>54145198
this is rude, reject the meme
>>
>>54145061
Some m8s are launching a label on Friday, go along.
The pub's got a decent sound system and is generally good vibes.

facebook = events/795438523878359/
>>
>>54145228
pretty much anything beyond top 40 pop or dickheadish fashionista deep house but nobody seems at all interested in anything else, like i have uni friends but they're mostly pretty dull
there's a live music soc at my uni but it's all private school boys covering coldplay on acoustic guitars and an electronic music soc but it's all house DJs trying to look cool and making bitchy comments
>>
>>54145468
It's not the night life that's the problem it's the friends you've made.

Is there a type of music or night you're looking for?
>>
>>54145293
angry southener detected
>>
>>54145604
Nah fam, no anger, just a procrastinating southerner.
>>
>>54145144
Yep
>>
To be fair, the vast majority of electronic music nights are generic deep house.
There are a lot of dnb, techno and garage events though, IDK how you don't know anyone who goes to them
>>
>>54145719
I've lived in London more than 10 years and am out dancing most weekends, have never been to a deep house night.

There's so much going on here, it's really easy to avoid the douciness.
>>
>>54145198
Don't you diss my fish and chips m8
>>
Some good shit happening soon: http://www.convergence-london.com/
>>
>>54145254
your mistake is taking examples from the tube
>>
>>54145061
>mfw moving to London in 5 months
so fucking excited
>>
File: 1344368224947.gif (2 MB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
1344368224947.gif
2 MB, 400x490
>>54145468
Well, I mainly attend techno-ish events, and you're more than welcome to join me if that interests you.

There are larger clubs such as Fabric and Ministry of Sound, which have great sound systems and attract very good DJs, but the crowd can be douchey. I only attend those places if I really want to see a particular DJ.

Other than that, I attend moving warehouse parties semi-regularly. Have a look on youtube/facebook for the following parties:

Toi Toi
Half Baked
Colors
Cartulis Day

These are mostly based around East London and can range from techno/tech-house/experimental. Great music, great crowds, cheap entrance. Would definitely recommend.
>>
>>54145061
Dalston
>>
File: 1412715769819.jpg (54 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1412715769819.jpg
54 KB, 576x576
>>54145766
>mfw no face
>>
>>54145766
from where m8?
>>
>>54145068

Yeah but there are English people there.
>>
>>54145844
Brits are a lot of fun.
>>
>>54145833
Singapore

Lived in Britain til I was 16, then we moved out here. Finishing up sixth form and off to Uni in september.
>>
>>54145061
not sure if b8, but if you a underground nightlife you might want to go to camden town
>>
i don't live in london, but it seems like most of the avant-garde artists i like play at cafe oto. there's probably a punk scene you're missing. look at fliers in cafes or just ask around.
>>
>>54145061
Jesus christ OP, you're describing London as if it's Belfast. You think London is in any way bad come to Belfast for fucks sake.

On the plus side we get to have an almighty piss up next tuesday. Any Belfast holy lands residents have any plans?
>>
>>54146429

>>camden
>>2015

OP resident advisor or google u fuking pleb
>>
>>54146429
>>54146969

lol@Camden.
>>
>>54146954
better to be in belfast with interesting people than london with lazy bores
>>
Go to a grime rave bredrin its a fucking madness me and mandem go all the time and get waved fam
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.