[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talentless hacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 443x332
Jimi hendrix is so painfully overrated. Kids really beleive he did something new and expiremental

He literally just took blues music gave it a more poppy twang and sold it off to highschoolers like it was some rare unseen formula

Post more and give a solid reason why they are talentless
>>
sound like you never heard him play killing Floor at Monterey

its ok, OP, I was young too once
>>
>>54117186
wow nice ebipk critique! you should really become a music critic with those hot, well thought, well written opinions!

just kidding your post is embarassing and stinks of your underaged contrarianism.

how about you tell me who's the greatest guitarist of all time?
>>
>>54117186
Nice meme
>>
Hendrix is overrated though.
>>
11/10 meme bro
>>
>>54117237
Jeff Magnum
>>
>>54117237
There's no such thing as a greatest guitarist ever

A guitar is a tool for making good music not a piece of sports equipment

And Jimis music is 90% ass
>>
>>54117261
Generally agree

But his Hey Joe is one of the best things ever recorded imo
>>
Jimi hendrix was the blink 182 of the 60s

Rehashed shit from the past made more pop friendly with some wacky costumes and "cool" stage presence
>>
File: fish poster.jpg (517 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
fish poster.jpg
517 KB, 1000x1414
Go get em, OP!
>>
The only people who think Jimi hendrix is good are people who havnt bothered listening to blues music
>>
>>54117309

good eye, m8. Hendrix was the only one in his era to use the blues as influence for his music
>>
Strange, I remember some baby boomer telling me online that Hendrix was overrated and "He was the best player of that time, but everything he did was surpassed by later guitarists."
>>
>>54117321

Ive listened to Patton, Blind willie johnson, Howling Woolf, Son House, and Ive got Robert Johnson's stuff on Cassettes. I think he's good
>>
>>54117313
season 2 fuckin when
>>
>>54117366
this fall. it's going to be doooope.
>>
>>54117186
He used more distortion and such than most electric blues musicians
Same with feedback

Not sure what other blues musicians played like that
>>
>>54117186
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyqC6_TgLOo&list=PLjts4JMIwgQzEH4eiRTiwfqjz_c-J5ONq
>>
>>54117186
Yep and his music sucks compared to the blues he tried so hard to immitate

he took something honest and real. Butchered it packaged it up and spoon fed it to edgy teenagers attached to the hippy sub culture .then for the finale choked himself to death on wine automatically solidifying him a legend despite his music being absolute watered down garbage
>>
>>54117452
Post a blues guitarist that uses as much distortion and feedback as Jimi Hendrix
>>
>>54117394
Stones were doing it before Jimi.
>>
>>54117482
yui hirasawa
>>
>>54117482
>this one goes to eleven
What would that prove?
>>
>>54117497
>>>
> Anonymous 03/08/15(Sun)00:12:42 No.54117503▶
>>>54117482
>yui hirasawa
umm, no
>>
I like a couple of his songs but the guys is criminally overrated
>>
>>54117503
>yui hirasawa
Lol
>>54117511
It's more than that
>>54117497
Not to the same degree really
>>
/mu/ is really contrarian garbage.

fuck this place you retards would've obviously praise him if he was some obscure japanese dude.
>>
>all these technically uneducated faggots in this thread
Name one other artist who jammed a pick into their pickup switch to create a brand new tone. Oh wait, you cant. Just because he used influences from the past ( like every other genius) doesn't mean he didn't contribute heavily to the future of music
>>
>>54117560
>fuck this place you retards would've obviously praise him if he was some obscure japanese dude.

What about all the blues artists through out history who are ten times better than jh that nobody mentions then

Nice try m8 back to reddit tho
>>
>>54117615
prove to me that they're ten times better then
>>
>>54117579
>le quirky backwards left handed guitar
>le experimental pick in pickup rare tone
>le rare Wah wah pedals and disortion

top kek embarassing
>>
>>54117579
>jammed a pick into their pickup switch to create a brand new tone
uwot? How would that even work? source?
This sounds like a bunch of commie gobbledegook
>>
>>54117634
Literally name one other artist at the time doing something similar. Until then, you have no argument
>>
>>54117394
The Kinks used distortion on You Really Got Me, in fact that was one of the first rock songs to feature it. However, Ike Turner may have been the real originator of electric guitar distortion with his 1951 song Rocket 88.
>>
>>54117579
so did the beetles

doesn't mean they were good

the more popular the more folks you're gonna inspire

If you think he inspired people cause he was unique and progressive you're severly deluded
>>
>>54117655
Clapton
Syd Barret
Miles Davis
Jeff Beck
Your mom
>>
>>54117655
No one else was edgy enough to bother

None of that shit improved his music

It was experimental wankery
>>
>>54117665

>stevie ray vaughn
>Slash
>eric clapton
>carlos santana

you're severely retarded
>>
>>54117634
>meme arguing
Embarrassing
>>
>>54117665
are you seriously implying that the beatles are not good now?

just christ this board is pathetic
>>
>>54117665
literally every successful rock guitarist would cite hendrix as an influence for that exact reason
>>
>>54117186
Age old case of someone taking something raw and dumbing it down for the plebs

You can't blame him. Blame the fags who fed and beleive it
>>
>>54117699
Like the Beatles, their influence is so big because they were ubiquitous.
They're only considered great in hindsight because of their influence
They only have that influence because they were hugely commercial successful
And people who wanted to be commercially successful as well copied them.
Thus making their imprint on music unable to be escaped because everyone wants money like Hendrix and the Beatles had.
>>
>>54117186
I'll refute your argument with one word: Scaruffi
>>
>>54117754

>They only have that influence because they were hugely commercial successful

which is why they ditched live shows to release their albums independantly. Of course
>>
>>54117754
>they were only influential because they were popular
do you know how retarded you sound? If 95% of people think they were great, and you dont, guess what? You're wrong.
>>
>>54117652
Nice Norm reference. I kek'd
>>
>>54117186
>the evidence that he was ordinary and nothing special is the fact that popular culture thought of him as new and experiential

YERP
>>
>>54117652
Nice Norm reference. I kek'd.
>>
>>54117826
No he was shit because his music is watered down shit

There is no middle ground here
>>
>>54117186
just listen to "Machine Gun" and you will understand. if anything, he pushed blues more towards balls-out noise and free improv.
>>
>>54117896
Reddit: the post
>>
>>54117186
>He literally just took blues music gave it a more poppy twang and sold it off to highschoolers like it was some rare unseen formula

I know this thread is b8 but early rock bands are way more guilty of this
>>
>>54117391
>tfw no snowy scenery
>>
>>54117804
Like le Bieber amiright
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.