[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Grips Essay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: INANIMATE SENSATION.jpg (87 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
INANIMATE SENSATION.jpg
87 KB, 960x540
So I have a midterm paper coming up for my Rock & Roll History course and the prompt is to compare the themes in music vs those in works of literature or film that have similar themes.

I've been given a list of recommend pairings from my professor but I'm also allowed to use whatever other pairings I choose. Obviously I want to use a Death Grips album but I'm having a hard time deciding which one, though I'm currently leaning towards either The Money Store or Exmilitary.

Now, I don't want it to look like I'm asking reddit to do my paper for me, I just thought it would be an interesting topic of discussion and thought I'd throw it out there for you guys to talk about amongst yourselves and also I'd be happy to take any advice or recommendations from anyone regarding ideas for my paper.

In case anyone is interested, here is the list I was given, I had some fun comparing each pair in my head:

Catcher in the Rye vs. The Beach Boys "Pet Sound"
The Great Gatsby vs. Jay-Z "Blueprint 3/ American Gangster"
The Graduate (film) vs. The Kinks "Village Green Preservation Society"
Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" vs. The MC5 "Kick Out the Jams"
Fight Club vs. Pink Floyd "The Wall"
Velvet Goldmine (film) - David Bowie "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars"
Oh Brother Where Art Thou (soundtrack) vs. The Odyssey
The Grapes of Wrath vs. Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska"
This Side of Paradise vs. The Who's "Quadrephenia"
On The Road vs The Hold Steady "Boys and Girls in America"
12 Angry Men vs. Ray Charles "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music"
Born on the 4th of July/ Best Years of Our Lives - Marvin Gaye "What’s Going On"
Man with the Golden Arm / Requiem for A Dream - Lou Reed "Berlin"
Johnny Cash "At Folsom Prison" vs. Shawshank Redemption
Picture of Dorian Gray vs. Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
Babbitt vs. The Arcade Fire "The Suburb"
Hi Fidelity vs. Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" vs. Broken Flowers
1984 vs. David Bowie "Diamond Dogs"
>>
do government plates and 1984
>>
Eraserhead vs. Throbbing Gristle
>>
>>54079986
Paradise Lost vs. Exmilitary
>>
Do Mein Kamph and Burzum - Hvis Lysett Tar Oss
>>
>Fight Club vs. Pink Floyd "The Wall"
>not The Wall vs. The Wall
>>
>>54080030
I like this one
>>
>>54079986
I feel American psycho would fit ex military well
If you're interested in niggas on the moon, maybe get choke or survivor by palaniuk
>>
>>54082864
I think American Psycho would fit better with The Money Store. The feelings of paranoia and suffocation are more apparent, I feel like.
>>
>>54079986
>letting narrative and lyrical content determine your aim
do you even music?
>>
>>54080937
thats a good one
>>
do OP and being a fag
>>
Niggas on the moon-the body--stephen king
>>
TSOP and Quadrophenia is the only sensible or correct answer.
>>
In high school I wrote a paper comparing "Spirit They've Vanished" to Hamlet by Shakespeare.
Some bullshit about coming to terms with adulthood
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.