[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were any jazz musicians actually this crazy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Were any jazz musicians actually this crazy?
>>
Haven't seen the film but I can assure you there were plenty of crazy jazz musicians
>>
>>54054020
fletcher was basically a more tame mingus

i dont know about the kid, but im sure there's plenty of autistic fucks on jazz
>>
>>54054020
jo jones threw a thimball at revenrend all sharptons head :PPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>54054020

Yes. The film is entirely about wanting to achieve that level of greatness and the pain and sacrifice involved in getting there on the part of the musician and on the part of a conductor/tutor willing to be the monster that pushes them there.

Fucking fantastic film, Teller's drumming skill is a wonder to behold. Also, scarily, the film is kind of held together by car-crashes. Teller was in a severe car-crash about 8 years ago (which is why he has all the facial scars), the director was in a car-crash during shooting and there's a car-crash as a pivotal scene in the film.
>>
The guy who invented jazz was a schizophrenic and died in a mental hospital
>>
>>54054239
bud powell didn't invent jazz m8
>>
>>54054037

There are plenty of crazy musicians in general.

They should make a movie about the making of TMR. That would be cool.
>>
File: buddy-bolden1.jpg (149 KB, 1160x1806) Image search: [Google]
buddy-bolden1.jpg
149 KB, 1160x1806
>>54054239
here he is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Bolden
>>
>>54054239
>invented jazz
Off yourself.
>>
>>54054020
practicing a lot doesn't guarantee anything
buddy rich himself allegedly didn't even practice that much outside of performance
even at the end of the movie he's still just an extremely skilled drummer who plays other peoples music, not a genius or "one of the greats" or anything like that
>>
>>54054363
that's the point of the end

that after all that effort, only fletcher smiled at him, and all the crowd probably thought he was irregular as fuck , so his career died before starting
>>
>>54054378
that's a pretty big stretch m8, but then again there a million valid interpretations of that scene
>>
>>54054403
yeah, sure, but it's not a happy ending whatever thing you say

he has no friends, no stable job, no gf, and all he accomplished was being approved by a guy that only made one succesful music in his entire career
>>
>>54054289
is TMR supposed to be Jack white's record label?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.