[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Closure In Moscow? I honestly think they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: a3577394823_10.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a3577394823_10.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
What does /mu/ think of Closure In Moscow? I honestly think they're one of the most creative progressive rock bands out there.
>>
>this blatant Holy Mountain ripoff cover
Haven't even heard the album but just from that its probably garabe
>>
>>53978139
They're on a similar trajectory to the Mars Volta, and that isn't a bad thing
>>
>>53978148
>judging an album before listening to it
classic /mu/
>>
Hell yeah, glad to know at least a few other people are into them.
They've been one of my go-to bands since First Temple was released, shit still gives me chills.

Fav tracks on PL?
>>
>>53978269
Pink Lemonade, Church of the Technochrist, Happy Days, The Song That Comes Directly Before The Church of the Technochrist, Neoprene Byzantine
>>
>>53978269
My top 3 are Neoprene Byzantine, Mauerbauertraurigkeit, and The Church of the Technochist. God damn the first time I heard Mauerbauertraurigkeit I was absolutely mind blown.
>>
>>53978148
do you think they are trying to rip off THM cover thinking no one will notice? it's an homage, dipshit
>>
>>53978284
The chorus on Neoprene Byzantine man.

Please strut on into my future
You know the one track on my mind runs from her lips to her thighs
What a libertine lady! Wanna make her my Byzantine baby! Head to toe in Neoprene.

Gets me every time
>>
>>53978299

That lil bass line after "never gonna leeaave youuu"
German friend of mine told me it means something like "a wall builder's sadness," or the tendency to close yourself off from others. Something like that.
>>
File: cim.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
cim.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Also an amazing album
>>
>>53978347
Yea I searched it up. It means the urge to push people away from you, even close friends.
>>
>>53978139
you should listen to maudlin of the well, prepare yourself
>>
>>53978315
>an homage
>an
>dipshit
kek
>>
>>53978392
Which album should I start with?
>>
>>53978364

Absolutely. So many great moments.
It's astonishing to me the amount of work they put into their every song.

Kinda sad they never pressed vinyl though.
>>
>>53978499
Yea, also the last 3 songs just do not do justice to the rest of the album. It should have just ended after Afterbirth or given a proper ending.
>>
>>53978517

I could maybe agree on Arecibo Message, but the last two tracks really do it for me.
There's just something about the recurring, slightly changing guitar riff under "Such a beautiful heart" that melts me when they shift it to the second variation ~2:08.
It's the little details like that that make me love them so much.
>>
>>53978395
Do you not know how homage is pronounced? The illiteracy on this board is shocking
>>
>>53978315
G-guys I didn't steal, i-it was just an h-homage!! Y-yeah, that's what it was! You can't criticize me if it's an homage!
>>
>>53978570
>>53978649
>>53978395
the fuck are you guys talking about just let it go lmao
>>
>>53978318
Dude, the guitar riff over the second verse though.
I've been blasting that song since they put it out and it kills me every time still.
>>
meh, they are pretty boring compared to something like the mars volta or king crimson
>>
Has anyone been taking the time to delve into the big picture of the album?

>sex
>drugs
>religion
>technology
>the singularity
>embracing the present

Thoughts on what it all means?
>>
>>53978754
Have you listened to Pink Lemonade? I don't see how anyone could consider it boring. Maybe a bit weird with random parts added for no reason, but boring? Nah
>>
>>53978759
I don't even know what half the album is about. I searched up the lyrics to every song and a lot of the words don't make much sense. I think it's supposed to be about some guy who drinks some lemonade and goes on a crazy adventure.

>Blazing through the atmosphere on my brand new tiger robot wizard shark

You can't really say for sure what the album is about
>>
Bump for interest, and my cock twitches with excitement each time I listen to their godly melodies. One of my favorite bands, and one of the best Australian bands, based on my expert and superior opinion.
>>
>>53978817

I think that line in particular, and a lot of the more outlandish stuff in general, is about traveling rapidly toward the singularity.
Like he's riding a Tigerrobotwizardshark because he can do fucking ANYthing, because he's living in a computer.
They talk a lot about video games as well, which gives some more clues to that.

And if you read the lyrics to CotTC, the first section is about all of us fusing together, stripping away our flesh, and becoming one in the singularity. It goes on to talk about how you can be whatever the fuck you want to be via "digital rebirth."

Basically I think the album is a way of critiquing the progression of society with The Fool being a placeholder for us.

He drinks the Lemonade (drugs), goes on this crazy sex filled adventure, meets the devil (Brahmatron), does some video game stuff, thenhe's this lonely, closed off individual with no real humanity (Mauerbauer), then he finds "god" in the singularity with all his fellow humans.
And Happy Days is all about just living your life, whether or not we'll eventually upload. Each day is beautiful because you're alive, so go out and live your life.

At least that's what I think they're saying.
>>
>>53978973
I think that kind of explains the Japanese song at the end.
>>
>>53979005

"My beautiful friend
Does not end the journey of life
Just it was waiting for the end
It happens in your heart

If the there is courage in you .
You do not need magic ( pink lemonade ) drink
The cheeks need to you
That you feel a peck of wind .

If the there is courage in you .
You do not need magic ( pink lemonade ) drink
The cheeks need to you
That you feel a peck of wind
And doubt I 'm your beautiful castle floating in the sky
Does not end the journey of life"

From Google Translate, so probably not 100% accurate.
But yeah, I forgot about that one. Seems to fit thematically.

I wonder if they'll ever come to America.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.