[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you foreigners like grime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: UK_Grime.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
UK_Grime.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
Do you foreigners like grime?
>>
No I don't know why kanye likes that crap
>>
>>53891429
Loads of US rappers fucks with it, that's why I thought more of you guys would
>>
i understand that Kanye and Drake have shone a spotlight on grime recently but i still don't get why it's being discussed so much suddenly

Danny Brown and all of his followers have been sucking his own dick about him shouting out grime in 2009 like he was some kind of prophet

didn't everyone know about grime way back in 2003 when Boy In Da Corner dropped?

hasn't grime basically been dead for like 5+ years?
>>
Nah we hate anything related to UK garage and Dubstep.

Plus british people rapping sounds corny as fuck
>>
>>53891501
Its been on the way back up recently. German Whip (it may be commercial as fuck but its grime) did pretty well in the charts, Skepta's making power moves and Stormzy looks pretty sick. 2015 could be a big year for grime, especially if Konnichiwa is as good as I expect it to be.
>>
>>53891501

Not really 'dead' more just rehashes of the same shit

Oh and stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2ZbpbvvJ0
>>
>>53891541
is it still not an album-based genre?
or are there a couple of great albums or at least compilations you could namedrop?

i lost interest in grime back in the day because of 1) not enough quality and 2) i didn't want to download tracks 1 at a time

basically haven't listened to anything since Dizzee, Wiley, and those Run the Road comps
>>
>>53891501
Grime's back and looking in a healthy position my friend. People even going back to it
>>
>>53891519
You hate all dance music?
>>
I doubt americans will have even heard that much Grime, they must only be able to get the most mainstream tracks. Obviously some of them will have tuned in to Sidewinder and various radio sets but the majority of the public won't have. Shit they might be under the impression that German Whip is a good representation of Grime.

>>53891627
No it isn't, the instrumental side is as good as it's ever been but there is literally no good MCs around anymore and the old ones seem intent to MC over totally shit sound instrumentals.
>>
>>53891624
Best grime albums have to be
>Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
>Wiley - Playtime is Over
>Ghetto - Ghetto Gospel
>Kano - Home Sweet Home
>Dot Rotten - This Is The Beginning

Its all older shit, there's been no notable grime releases in recent years. Konnichiwa, Skepta's next album, is supposed to drop this year though. That should be pretty impressive.
>>
>>53891746
Skepta? Stormzy? JME? Tempa T?
>>
>>53891787
>Skepta
Shit now

>Stormzy
He's alright

>JME
Has never been good

>Tempa T
Has always been overrated, he's just the loudest MC in Slew Dem.

>>53891771
My top 5 would be.
Macabre Unit - 6 Feet Below Sound 2: Buried Alive
Roadside Gs - Lesson 2: Gangsta Grime
Ruff Sqwad - Guns & Roses Volume 1
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
Ghetto - 2000 & Life

The best mixtape in recent years is easily Riko Dan - Rise of da Farda. I'm not even slightly excited about Skepta's new album, I can't imagine it being as good as his properly old stuff.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.