[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Nine Inch Nails?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 121015_trent-reznor.jpg (262 KB, 820x546) Image search: [Google]
121015_trent-reznor.jpg
262 KB, 820x546
What does /mu/ think about Nine Inch Nails?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xg-Wk2DEXs
>>
I don't think about Nine Inch nails, in fact it never even crossed my mind that they still existed until you made this thread
>>
Trent looks like Pete Townshend's long-lost son.
>>
>>53886737
pretty good to set a tent
>>
>>53886737
I like the songs.
>>
Good music, if you're into that kinda stuff.
>>
>>53886737
I think I want to fuck him like an animal.
>>
Courtney Love: "I don't understand how Trent Reznor gets away with calling his band Nine Inch Nails, 'cause he's more like a three-inch nail if you know what I mean."
>>
>>53887052
I don't how she gets away with calling herself Courtney Love cause she's more like a Courtney Manipulative Bitch if you know what I mean.
>>
Wow, so did my dishwasher
>>
I am so glad I wasn't put off industrial by the fact Nine Inch Nails was considered the "best" of that genre.
>>
>>53887238
5/5 bretty gud
>>
>>53887277
>Nine Inch Nails was considered the "best" of that genre
kek, what?
>>
It's forever a mystery how Johnny Cash found out about them. It doesn't quite seem to make sense that a 70 year old country legend would be listening to alternative rock.
>>
>>53887437
no, it's forever a mystery how you know 0 things about the resurgence of Johnny Cash. It's obvious that Rick Rubin told Cash what songs he were to cover.
>>
>>53887437
While musicians tend to listen to a ton of different stuff
>>
>>53887437
He covered Soundgarden as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbuUlSGXzc
>>
>>53887277
me 2 bruh, I didn't like a single track from Downward Spiral, just really meh
>>
>>53887277
By who? Only someone who has never heard of Nurse with Wound would say such a thing.
Don't get me wrong, I like NIN but that's a pretty stupid statement.

>>53887003
hehe
>>
Not every album is a winner, but the ratio of great to shit is bretty gud
>>
>Production = good
>Voice and lyrics = bad
>>
>>53887437
"johnny you old fart"
"aye?"
"cover some rock stuff for the kids before you kick the bucket"
"aye"

and so it was
>>
File: tfwsn.jpg (13 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
tfwsn.jpg
13 KB, 300x219
>>53886737
I have a story about Trent Reznor

>Be a fan of Ilan Rubin (their drummer), but not NIN
>NIN are in town
>See Ilan and Reznor (who I didn't really know of at the time)
>Start a conversation with Ilan
>"Well, I'll let you go man! I think your security guard is giving me "the look"."
>Thought Trent Reznor was a security guard because of his demeanor, clothes and muscles
>>
>>53887873
"Paul, you old fuck."

"Yeah?"

"Do a collab with Kanye for the kids before you die."

"Ok."

And so it was.
>>
test
>>
>>53887897
"Frank?"

"S'up."

"Do these duets with Cyndi Lauper and Bono for the kids before you croak."

"Alright."
>>
no inch neck
>>
>>53888039
"David?"

"This is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful wife!"

"No, David. This is St. Vincent. She's kind of weird and arty like you and we want you to do a collaboration with her for the kids before you become a completely irrelevant old fart."

"Oh. Alright then."
>>
>>53889440
ayy
>>
1989-2002: Great music, some embarrassing lyrics but I can get past that. Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are all essential — I even give The Downward Spiral a 10/10.

2005 onwards: Okay if you wanted more. Smells a bit like rehashes though. Year Zero is the one album that stands out for me, not really new musically but it was consistently good. The concept and ARG were a bit teenage-like but fun.

>>53887052
>>53887238
lol

>>53887277
Nine Inch Nails is industrial rock, people often confuse the two but it's a different genre from industrial. It's a good band for getting into industrial rock though. Fixed is the only NIN release that could be classified as industrial proper.
>>53887807
Some Nurse with Wound releases can be classified as industrial, but they're not really representative of the genre. It's mostly sound collages, often dark ambient, but usually more playful and quirky — or downright eerie — than the bleak, repetitive, mechanical, nihilistic sounds of industrial. Typical industrial would be SPK, Throbbing Gristle, Test Dept, early Einstürzende Neubauten.
>>
>>53886839
I knew what this was before I clicked it. lol
I'm the one who introduced mu to this.
*Feels proud*
>>
>>53888039
Ah, too bad Sinatra was in his 70s by that point and his voice was dead.

Still sang better than Bono though.
>>
>>53887884
Hahaha
>>
>>53886737
Not very.
>>
I don't like them, but Reznor does very good soundtrack work.
>>
File: Trent[1].jpg (420 KB, 1082x1100) Image search: [Google]
Trent[1].jpg
420 KB, 1082x1100
TDS, Fragile and Broken are all top tier. The only band from my angsty teenage years that I can still stomach
>>
>>53890970
Once upon a time, Korn actually seemed cool.
>>
i hurt autechre today
>>
I feel like I can relate to a lot of the lyrics (tfw no gf) but then I remember that Trent has a hot wife and I get angry.
>>
>>53891041
rip neck reznor
>>
>>53891090
I always thought his lyrics were more about gay stuff than tfnwgf
>>
>>53891090
>but then I remember that Trent has a hot wife and I get angry.

He married a flip like all betas.
>>
>>53889440
Toppest kek ITT
>>
>>53891203
>lmao i am redpill XD
>>
Saw them on their last tour while on acid, blew my fucking mind.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.