[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so this is really, really good, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Liturgy-The-Ark-Work.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Liturgy-The-Ark-Work.jpg
96 KB, 1000x1000
so this is really, really good, right?
>>
Not a fan.
>>
>>53843796
No
>>
>>53843796
It's really, really shit.
>>
File: jerkcity3272.gif (42 KB, 588x588) Image search: [Google]
jerkcity3272.gif
42 KB, 588x588
>>
File: fag belt 5.jpg (98 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
fag belt 5.jpg
98 KB, 500x416
>>53843796
>>
thank goodness /mu/ found a new meme album to spam now that sauna's gone
>>
just you guys wait until pitchfork gives it a 9.5
just you wait
>>
>>53843796
horns got annoying fast, but i'm still digesting it.
>>
I like it. It reminds me of M B V. Really cold and geometric
>>
File: Hunter+HuntHendrix+HHH.jpg (127 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Hunter+HuntHendrix+HHH.jpg
127 KB, 450x338
>>53843796
Really good. I am impressed they topped aesthethica.
>>
>>53843796
where the fuck can i find this album
>>
>>53844146
on /mu/ by searching the archive
>>
>>53844146
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/e3wqvW6N/file.html
>>
Haelegen is feelsy as fuck. Feels like downtime in a jrpg after the big apocalyptic event when everyone is separated
>>
>>53843796
I don't know. Torrent isn't done yet.
Also
>asking opinions on metal outside the general
>>
>>53844387
this is barely metal
>>
I, really, really, hate this album.
>>
>>53843896
YES
the horns really got on my nerves. If they had been less prevalent it would have made for a better record.
>>
>>53843796
it's hard to say
if you read triple h tumblr blogs and interviews before this it makes sense of what the album is about and what hes trying to say

but if you just listen to it without the explanation. it's badly mixed(on purpose) but still it's kinda all over the place and can be annoyning at times.

still can't rate this but i like it .
>>
File: 1336671480263.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1336671480263.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>53845373
I've always been of the opinion that music shouldn't require pretext to be enjoyed. It's just background reading at the end of the day. If you already like an album, it can be a nice supplement.
I must say that reading HHH's writings didn't suddenly make previously questionable elements of the album good in a musical sense to me. It just explains why the he made certain musical decisions. And a bad decision is still a bad decision no matter how you look at it.
>>
sweaty ... you might want to get some new taste :) not to be mean
>>
>>53845373
>>53845594
personally i'm not much into black metal, and haven't read an awful lot about this, but i'm just plain enjoying the music
shit is intense and interesting
>>
>>53845594
I agree pretext shouldn't be required. Which is why I can't really decide on if this is really bad or not.

I liked that reading his interviews from 2012 that he already had the names and ideas of this album and he went thru with it.

I listen to it for like 3 days straight and i've stopped to see if the honeymoon phase is over. hopefully i still like it
>>
I love it.
>>
shouldn't everything black metal as a genre be the opposite of this record? People are critiquing it incorrectly
>>
>>53845611
>sweaty

that's what ur mom makes me LOL
>>
>>53843796
AOTY 2015
Kel Valhaal is the purest form of an eargasm. God bless Liturgy and this album.
>>
>>53843796
It is insanely good. Black metal intensity without black metal instrumentation, but when the riffs do kick in they fucking kick in. If the syncopation in Kel Valhaal doesn't get stuck in your head, then you don't like this band because of its meme status. Philosophical bullshit aside the compositional and instrumental choices made here are god tier. I don't give a shit what fagtano or pitchfags say about it, good or bad. This album is going to be in my top 10 of 2015.
>>
Love it except for those fucking bells/chimes in the first couple of tracks
>>
>>53843796
Where is Satan I bet they doesn't even eat flesh in the morning this album is so gay and no kvlt at all, better listen to Burzum
>>
>>53843796
idk but the artwork sure is.
>>
What we're seeing here is the process of the plebby posers on /mu/ making an album /mu/core.

Step 1:
>Somebody likes a mediocre album and thinks the cover art would look good in last.fm collages, Topsters posts, and just to start thread on /mu/

Step 2:
>Pleb consistently shitposts album over and over again until people check it out, and people invariably have varying opinions on it

Step 3
>Seeing the album posted everywhere, lurkers listen to the album, realize that they're too afraid to have a real opinion on it, and also begin shitposting it in order to fit in and be validated with good taste

Step 4
>Album gets circulated everywhere, eventually people give in to the hype and just admit that it isn't worth fighting anymore

Step 5
>Album becomes /mu/core and pretends like it's good

What's the lesson here? Actually seek out new music on your own, formulate your own opinions on it, and post it here if you think people will like it. Somebody will probably call it shit, but at least someone is shitting on something in every /mu/ thread. If they don't like it, they don't like it. Better for you to have your own taste than to just be a /mu/ drone.
>>
File: tumblr_m8t7bxSG2k1r61mz1o5_250.gif (39 KB, 209x190) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8t7bxSG2k1r61mz1o5_250.gif
39 KB, 209x190
just listened for the first time, pic related
>>
>>53846381
>implying Burzum is kvlt anymore
nigga get on some Paysage d'Hiver
>>
>>53847276
>i dont like it so no one can

fuck off back to kindergarten
>>
>>53847276
I actually think the album is good.
>>
>>53847923
Paysage is entry-level lofi bm
>>
This is just unpleasant to listen to.
>>
>>53846333
he is trying to copy murmuĆ¼re primovere
>>
>>53843896
>>53845240
nah the horns make Kel Valhaal the best track
>>
>I am not so interested in having an ordinary rock band and releasing albums without a larger context.

I don't understand why there aren't more people with this line of thought in 2015.
>>
>>53850340
This 100%
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.