[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a band more experimental than throbbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
I'm looking for a band more experimental than throbbing gristle. thanks.
>>
radiohead
>>
John Zorn's band Naked City particularly the album Absinthe reminds me of Throbbing Gristle
>>
>>53818499
throbbing gristle aren't experimental.

start with the gregorians and get to the serialists (schoenberg and friends). only then will you be able to understand what "experimental" means
>>
>>53820436
He's looking for a band though :^/
>>
>>53820479
karlheinz and the stockhausens are a banned
>>
>>53820436
Yes during the time period of this album it was experiment. Oh cool you can name drop Schoenberg. It's not even related to what OP is asking get the fuck out of her faggot
>>
>>53820531
>Yes during the time period of this album it was experiment
not at all though. their compositions are stale.

>>53820531
>It's not even related to what OP is asking
he asked for experimental, i told him to start with the gregorians and learn about tradition before going to experimental music. i'm just telling him to learn context before he asks for something he isn't quite educated on.
>>
>>53820310
Just listened to Radio
but yeah, Absinthe is their only album in that vein, most others are free jazz/grindcore/fucking everything, experimental as fuck. Absolutely great band
also Baron is underrated drummer
>>
>>53820591
>>53820310
John Zorn's Locus Solus band is awesome.
>>
As unimpressive as TG's music is, I find Gen-P to be a very interesting person.
>>
>>53820655
I think no-one can say s/he is not interesting
>>
>>53820731
>I think no-one can say s/he is not interesting
I absolutely love the principle behind industrial music and it spawned a lot of really great musical experimentation from it, but I find TG's music itself to not be very good and have aged poorly.

Still, I want to make an industrial/noise/drone album comprised from field recordings and home made instruments, since I think that's really the only way to create original music these days.
>>
>>53820880
TG's alright though.
It was really interesting to go back and listen to them after delving further into industrial.
>>
File: ethan.png (77 KB, 194x209) Image search: [Google]
ethan.png
77 KB, 194x209
>>53820731
>s/he
>>
>>53820731
>>53821021
This. Pick a pronoun.
>>
>>53821021
I used that because i don't know which one genesis should be called nowadays because of that project of his and his wife. Then i remembered that's what genesis actually uses.
Read his wikipedia if you haven't, that thing he did with his wife is interesting
>>
It's hard for me to think of TG as a pure musical group, or band, in the same way as, say, Einstürzende Neubauten.

TG was more about outsider artist giving the finger to the establishment of the seventies, little did they know that what they were doing would become the new establishment, and so I guess they felt disillusioned enough to quit.

The idea of industrial music is such a cynical view of pop music that actually came into fruition. It would've been funny to live in that era though, because even the punks thought that the crowd surrounding industrial records were bonkers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suZy9Hs-hag
>>
>>53821145
Well, they weren't a purely musical group, but the musical output of multimedia artists usually tends to be the most enduring and well-known.
>>
>>53821077
>I used that because i don't know which one genesis should be called nowadays because of that project of his and his wife. Then i remembered that's what genesis actually uses.
>Read his wikipedia if you haven't, that thing he did with his wife is interesting

I always think of them as they.

I mess up now and then and refer to Gen as male, but this is usually when dealing with the past tense when he still was male.

Anyone calling him her is a retard though. It's not transgenderism.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.