[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it true that all vaporwave is just sampling and is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: TGmnNRN.jpg (544 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TGmnNRN.jpg
544 KB, 1920x1080
So is it true that all vaporwave is just sampling and is there any good way to make "good" vaporwave music?
>>
you don't "make" vaporwave
>>
you don't make vaporwave, you find a shitty r&b song and call it your own because you put that dope ass lo-fi filter in tha mix nigger
>>
>>53803188
If you make shitty broporwave then yea. My vaporwave is awesome and unique.
>>
File: a1661754488_10.jpg (530 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1661754488_10.jpg
530 KB, 1200x1200
>>53802318
is SELA vaporwave? I think they're great, but their sampling and drums are kind of different from the typical bandcamp stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibAxJaN1D-Q
>>
link?
>>
あなたがvaporwaveがあなたを作る、vaporwaveを行ういけない
>>
>>53802318
do you understand it's all in your head?
>>
>>53802318
Is Blank Banshee's second release considered vaporwave? It's great even if it doesn't sound like Floral Shoppe or Eccojams
>>
>>53802318
eccojams is pretty good, then after that idk
>>
who are your top 6 vaporwave artists
>>
>>53804013
this is pretty neat
>>
>>53804780
oh i though he was saying "all in your hand" also what is the sample of that from?
>>
>>53802318
>maymay music tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyt_87yCyNw&index=13&list=PLBuAOcHcmnSwnsm4hptsJHM1fyJRWAerY
>>
>>53802318
Sampling can be "good" if done right. Obviously just slowing something down doesn't take a whole lot of effort but there are ways to make it your own. Vanilla isn't really vaporwave but the similarities exist and I think it's a good example of tasteful sampling.

https://soundcloud.com/keats-collective/vanilla-girl-kc-volume-5-out-514
>>
>>53805544
>posting meme tutorials to delude people
These are some legit ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7oGEj1T2I0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkdibA-8k6E
>>
not all vaporwave is just sampling. see: HK, the middle of Sacred Tapestry, Home™ and ClearSkies™. But a vast majority still is

If you're pleb good vaporwave music is called futurefunk if you're actually interested in the genre it's the stuff that can be talked about a lot
>>
http://telepathtelepath.bandcamp.com/album/--2

this isn't exactly vaporwave but telepath is a bretty good artist
can't tell if any of these are samples, it'd be nice to know
>>
>>53803164

...Vapourwave makes you
>>
>>53804013
thanks bruh
>>
WHAT'S THAT BANDCAMP VAPORWAVE GUY THAT HAS BEEN MENTIONED HERE COUNTLESS TIMES KNOWN AS "SATCOM" OR "SATACON" OR SOMETHING SICKKK????
>>
the weakest shit.
>>
favorite vw?
>>
>>53805038
eccojams is just the shitty remnants of seapunk
>>
>>53803188
no it's more like chopping the sample a little bit and transposing and slathering as many effects as possible on top

trust me i produce vaporwave
>>
>>53810804
under what name
>>
i feel a lot better about vaporwave being shilled and discussed on this board when i finally realized it's the same tumblrina's trying to attention whore their garbage over and over im talking about you oscob you fucking heroin addict ugly loser

it all makes sense now only heroin retards would ever listen to lowpass filter 80s music with reverb

inb4 real broporwave brostep lmfao yall niggas dumb as hell same shit with dubstep

member when yall niggas liked dubstep? then said ohhh nooo that's crapstep brostep not THE REAL DUBSTEP
same tumblr genre again my niggas now it's

ooo ew this broporwave not REAL VAPORWSAVE I KNOW THE REAL OENS

i feel bad you guys bedroomproducers trying so hard and then the 3K youtube views on their garbage stolen track makes them make vaporwave over and over like they're gonna get another track with 10k views yall niggas aint shit lol

good troll though i wish i thought of the genre imaghine you could hook line sinker a retard bedroomproducer and get them to spend all of their time slowing down 80s tracks instead of actually learning to produce

honestly 10/10 this is actually a genius cull to get you retard producers out tha way

check y BANDCAMPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>53811961
{incoherent babblings}
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>53811987
it's not incoherent that's all the reverb fizz in your retard brain
>>
>>53812025
I think it's time for you to go to bed. Do you know what time it is?
>>
>>53812057
time for oscob to inject heroin
>>
File: 879.jpg (399 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
879.jpg
399 KB, 1280x960
yo guys is my hair vaporwave
>>
been looking for something as good as internet club and consistently failing
pretty sure it was the genre's peak
>>
>>53812186
>no results found
wow what a fag this isn't /soc/
>>
>>53812186
>someone went out in public looking like this
>>
File: tfk.jpg (75 KB, 425x750) Image search: [Google]
tfk.jpg
75 KB, 425x750
this is now a handsome vaporboys thread
>>
>>53812248
>>>/hm/
>>>/soc/
>>
>>53811961
That was incoherent as fuck
>>
File: tjrskr.jpg (255 KB, 988x1280) Image search: [Google]
tjrskr.jpg
255 KB, 988x1280
>>
>>53812267
what in the fuck
>>
>>53812302
im posting vaporwave fans and producers from tumblr so you can all understand what you're discussing and condoning and perpetuating you fucking faggots
>>
>>53811961
what in the christ are you on about mate
>>
>>53811961
legitimate schizophrenic right here
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.