[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm, curious, what does /mu/ think of Arca? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Cover.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
I'm, curious, what does /mu/ think of Arca? I don't see him discussed here very much. I think he's p. good.
>>
>that nigga like dick I refuse to listen
but really the ep you posted was amazing. I wish i could say the same for xen
>>
>>53792020
have you checked out stretch 1 & 2? 2 is really really good
>>
File: c55da429.jpg (93 KB, 658x603) Image search: [Google]
c55da429.jpg
93 KB, 658x603
i don't think /mu/ is into arca or wonky weird electronic music period. people only discuss the poster child of the given genre. for example, they only post about aphex twin and occasionally flying lotus for electronic

arca is really good though. his list of production features is great and he really hasn't been around for too long

i think xen is supposed to be listened to in a much different context than his more upfront in-your-face style he showed us earlier. i feel like a big part of his personal branding is that hes shy and introverted but it just makes it more difficult for us to understand the meaning of xen. his fader interview did speak a bit about his personal life but i still feel in the dark about who he is. i wonder what he expects us to think of him.

maybe xen isn't much fun to listen to just yet but i feel like all of these crazy features will lead up to a really awesome lp. i hope he does what he did for fka twigs for more artists
>>
File: Nuuro+_dq3HTmYHGdsx_full.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Nuuro+_dq3HTmYHGdsx_full.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
this is his earlier pop project before he got cool taste i guess haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVsWF7DccA
>>
>>53792292
no we do like him

but xen atm is his worst release.
I've giving it like 10 listens and it still sounds bad too me. even after re-reading his interview on it. I still think its. it's more like a demo of what kind of potential of sounds he can make.

also /bleep/ is into electronic m8

arca hype was huge for awhile after the yeezus thing.
>>
The cover for Xen gives me a stiffy.
>>
>>53792060
no, but thanks for reminding me, i've been meaning to.
>>
>>53792376
xen was definitely his best release and only unique thing hes released

>>53792292
lurk more
>>
the level of intricacy within all his tracks blows my fucking mind. i wouldn't hesitate in saying that he has made some of the most complex electronic songs ever (i know complex =/= 'good' but he has unbelievable talent).

the songs of his sheep and &&&&&&&& mixtapes flow into each other so seamlessly, no drum pattern or percussive sound is ever repeated to sound the same, the tiny tiny details he includes etc.

this track goes from sounding like a horror movie to a disney soundtrack halfway through (after 0:50). its not easy to make smooth transitions like that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcNG-zMlB8Q
>>
>>53792338
he uses a horrible default FL studio snare in this lol he came a long way
>>
>>53792429
why do you like xen the best

I can't get into it.
Is it one of those "art" releases where I'm not expected to enjoy it but appreciate the uniqueness?
>>
does anyone have the ????? 10 inch in high quality? i have no idea how high of quality vinyl rips can get but the one i have is pretty shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.