[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conceptual Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
"Self-obliterating aural-suicide". I think this is a great description of the sound. It seems that the vocalist is being bludgeoned by the electronics (technology) until he has dissolved into it by the second half of the album. At the start, he's so angry, desparate, and sounds frantic to the point of fear. The band are destroying their vocal aggressive confidence with an onslaught of sound. By the end, he's beaten into submission. Then, the album culminates with "whatever I want (fuck who's watching)". This is Ride's last attempt, lashing out for survival. He shouts "fuck who's watching!" in vain as the instrumental stacks layers of sparkling keys on top of the throbbing bass, until his cries are drowned out. You'll recall that he appears to be lying dead in bed at the end of the video.

I haven't listened to a more conceptual album in the past decade. If there are any that come close to this, please post them in this thread. Thank you
>>
all their albums are conceptual!
but yeah, this one is super fucking interesting.
one of the most peculiar things ive noticed is the difference between the track listing of this album and all previous albums
>>
>>53781761
Yes I would venture to say "Niggas On The Moon" is just as conceptual. What do you mean by the tracklisting? The number of tracks or the titles of the individual tracks themselves?
>>
>>53781690
Brilliant OP!
>>
GET GET GET GET GET GOT GOT GOT GOT CHECK EM CHECK EM GET GET GOT GOT
>>
I'd just like to say I appreciate this thread, OP. Please don't be discouraged by any shit-posters.

What did you think of NOTM? That's my personal favorite.
>>
>>53781852
You mean these
>>
>>53781867
I'm in yo fuckin area son
>>
File: deathgrips copy.png (3 MB, 2000x1122) Image search: [Google]
deathgrips copy.png
3 MB, 2000x1122
daily fucking reminder faggots

NOTM > NLDW = GP > TMS > EXM

FUCK YOUR IDOLS, SUCK MY DICK

IM ON MY WAY OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT
>>
>>53781690
Yeah, man. The themes of depersonalization and technological take over really interest me. It actually reminds of of OK Computer and Kid A, but thematically updated for the new decade.
>>
>>53781796
number of tracks. dg has referenced the number 13 several times in their music, and 11 once (in hacker)
>>
>>53781854
I find the sound of NOTM to be their most futuristic, coldly electronic sonic palette to date. They do something similar with Bjork's voice as they had done to Ride's in GP, but even more extreme. The lyric "she's your experience, you're her experiment" is from the twisted, stuttering, and catchy pop song that is Billy Not Really. Ride says something like "She turning telly through the shriveled button pressed jaundiced yellow," as you might find on an overused tv remote. It's owner is a vegetated ex-human whose attention span has been destroyed by information, so he is perpetually changing the channel with the same button. You're her experiment; she's your experience. Probably my favorite release of theirs. What did you all think about it?
>>
>>53781969
woah thats wild bro.
it is their best so far. JD will probably beat it the fuck out in terms of hype and reaction, but in the end every dg album has a special place and NotM will definitely be remembered as the album where they literally went to the fucking moon :D
>>
come on faggots, this is an image board.
post some images.
>>
>>
>>53781894
thats retarded, true fan know that money store was objectially their best.
>>
>>53782150
I got an image for ya right here
>>
>>53782215
>>
>>53781894
NOTM > NLDW = TMS > ExM > GP
>>
File: deathface.jpg (9 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
deathface.jpg
9 KB, 320x320
image bored
>>
>>53781690
>>53781969
I apologize on behalf of this board
>>
>>53781894
it always makes me happy to see other people ranking NOTM as the best
>>
>>53781690
I wish I had your imagination, OP. Well done.
>>
>>53781894
Fucking this
>>
>>53781690
What mental disorder is this?
>>
>>53782481
suck my dick because you're a fat faggot and you're shit
>>
>>53782522
Who hurt you?
>>
>>53782539
mc ride
also /mu/
>>
GP=NLDW>Exm>NOTM=TMS
>>
>>53781894
what's this picture of death grips in a lecture hall?
>>
>>53782837
writing a paper/presentation on death grips is entirely possible.

I got two A's for doing one of each on exmil
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.