[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't trust people who think the smiths are sad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x305
Lmao I swear people who think this just skim the lyrics and be like yep this is quite sad

Even though like every single song they've ever made is major chords the whole way through

It's like the most joyful sounding music you can use and these weirdos who can't connect with emotions in music like normal people still think it's sad cause morrisey said so in the lyrics lmao

Never trust a person who says the smiths are "sad" the likelihood that they are a sociopath is high
>>
Morrissey said his lyrics were always funny fuck face and the songs are the way you perceive them and I perceive most of them in a sad way so take your opinion and shove it up you're arse m8
>>
>>53779028
Emotionless sociopath confirmed
>>
The Smiths are one of the only bands that I will laugh at. Morrissey's lyrics are hilarious. In a good way.
>>
>last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
>please please please let me get what i want
>heaven knows i'm miserable now
>still ill
>asleep
>the boy with the thorn in his side

dude b8 lmao
just because the song is in a major key it doesnt mean it cant be sad in itself
>>
"Oh Mother I can feel the soil falling over my head and as I climb into an empty bed, oh well, enough said "

>Haha those lyrics are so funny!
>>
i dont trust people who dont trust people over things like that
>>
>>53779046
Sadness is an emotion you twit. People enjoy The Smiths for that reason.
>>
>>53779089
>thinks emotion in music has anything to do with lyrics

See this is what I'm saying. Some people just don't connect with music on a subconcious level. Like you can't feel the music or something that's why they're quick to reach for the lyric sheet so they can be told how to feel

That's a sociopath
>>
yikes
>>
>>53779101
He's making fun of dumb r9k faggots.

And lyrics =/= music. Haven't you faggots heard uplifting songs in minor keys before?
>>
Even the way Morrissey sings music is in a happy tone and vibe

Like am I the only one who finds these people fucking weird?????

It's like they genuinally can't feel the music
>>
>>53779233
>And lyrics =/= music

Why are people as stupid as you even on /mu/ kill you are self
>>
>>53779176
i think that emotion for me personally is conveyed by the lyrics in conjunction with the music itself
it's not really being told how to feel if the artist is trying to convey a specific emotion through their song i reckon like
if i read the lyrics to say please please please on their own i'd only really get sadness from them which is what you're saying there i think
but in the song the way the lyrics are delivered with music and morrissey's intonation makes it sound more tongue-in-cheek and wistful whilst still being sad if you get what i'm saying
emotion can absolutely come from lyrics and the composition of the music helps to support it - or the other way round in many cases
>>
>>53779089
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now always struck me as tongue-in-cheek. "I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now," I mean come on. Songs like Asleep and Still Ill are legitimately sad though.
>>
>>53779282
yeah that's fair
>>
>>53779176
I don't think anyone is saying the song itself is sad, but Morrissey's melancholic lyrics clashing with Marr's jangly, generally happy sounding guitar makes for a mood that sounds upbeat but in reality it's really an anguished pain.
>>
What's your favorite album? I think The Queen Is Dead is their masterpiece, honestly.
>>
>smiths fans
>>
File: sadfrog.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.gif
421 KB, 700x525
I got really high with some friends, like really introspective. We were freaking out and my friend put on the smiths. Things go wrong when The Smiths are put on. I got really depressed and felt completely alone whilst the 2 other friends scrolled on the phone and the song just kept on saying lifes miserable when your lonely. Anyone know what song it is? It was terrifying just been trapped, just staring at the timebar on the video and it just wouldnt move
>>
>>53779491
"Life is very long when you're lonely"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tb8Xmq0k7w
>>
>>53778993
>trying this hard

lul
>>
>>53779527
This is the first time ive listened to this since that day. I was legit terrified of listening to it because of how bad I felt. But its not that bad its quite uplifting, just those lyrics stood out so much
>>
>>53778993
Agreed. There's a few songs I find legitimately sad, but 90% of them are just fun/sarcasm to me.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.