[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12
File: comfy.jpg (67 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
67 KB, 601x601
It's Saturday, it's snowing, I got my coffee, now all I need is some comfy music.

Let's have a comfy thread.

I've been listening to Duster and Slowdive today.
>>
Last night, I cried.

Today, I am in relief.

What a great day it is.
>>
>had morning plans that got canceled due to weather so i got to sleep in
>did some laundry and other various chores to make myself feel productive
>nothing to do this weekend other than go to a concert and study for an exam

7/10 pretty good. Might make some tea or something to help relax a little more because I'm putting off the studying and I know I'll regret it.

Been listening to Olivia Tremor Control so far today.
>>
>weekend in dorm
>brisk winter weather
>no responsibilities
>campfire songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY-IBL-aMKs
>>
>>53776284
Want to talk about it?
>>
>>53776393
I was at my gf's place yesterday and she seemed irritated at me, and I ended up getting really bitchy about it and wondered if she was about to break up with me. When I asked her about she kept saying 'its fine' I got really irrational about it.

But after talking to her today she says she was just tired, and told me how much I meant to her looking back on it I should have seen it.

TLDR i acted like a bitch boy
>>
>snowing
>lights dim
>nag champa burning
>Sleep's Holy Mountain at a comfortable volume
>>
>>53776496
shes totally cheating breh. emotional distance is the first sign.
>>
>>53776535
Oh fuck yes.

>some girly coffee
>listening to a bit of Liturgy today to see what that's all about
>actually enjoying it quite a bit
>nothing to do all day
>is lightly drizzling
>bought some weed

Overall 8/10 pretty good.
>>
>>53776575
You don't know her, she wouldn't. She doesn't even really talk to guys besides me and she is the nicest person I've ever met.
>>
File: cover.png (2 MB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
2 MB, 950x950
>>53776252
>Hungover
>Last night had a night of introspection (I got drunk alone again)
>Shitty weather
>Jerked off, and my penis was burning afterwards for some reason (I think I made a thread about it last night?)
>Feels fucking great now that the pain has gone
>A bit too warm at the moment
>Listening to pic related
>Gonna get something to eat soon

Solid 7/10
>>
>>53776662
burning penis is mad comfy in the cold weather
>>
File: coffe.jpg (110 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
coffe.jpg
110 KB, 500x419
>>53776575
Being uncomfy in a comfy thread isn't chill, anon.

Keep it comfy, please.
>>
File: mu - Music Temp full images .png (218 KB, 945x547) Image search: [Google]
mu - Music Temp full images .png
218 KB, 945x547
>>53776723
Yeah but it's fucking summer here.

When the pain goes away, now THAT's ultimate comfy.

Also, I did make a thread kek
>>
This is comfy thread not feels thread.

Listen to The Knife's self titled album. Pretty cozy
>>
>>53776809
is it true that australia has a spider problem?
>>
>>53777020
nevermind, spiders aren't comfy
>>
I'm going to my friend heather's to light up some dank kush tomorrow

never smoked before, tips?
>>
>>53777081
Hopefully your friend is chill and there aren't unexpected guest or whatnot. Don't have any non-weed-friendly things scheduled for pretty much the rest of the day. Make a playlist beforehand.
>>
>>53777081
don't
>>
>>53777081
Relax.

They're not laughing at you.

None of your friends are silently judging your hand placement when you're sitting on the couch.

Don't torch the whole bowl, light a portion of it.

Just have fun.

Chill out, smoke more (except don't smoke more than you're comfortable with).

And listen to Madvillainy
>>
>>53777212
> madvillainy
is this that good to smoke to? I haven't smoked to it yet
>>
>>53777292
I've heard it was really good to smoke to, but I only smoke once every few weeks so I haven't had the chance to smoke to it yet.

I've heard The Unseen by Quasimoto was also real good for smoking.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (49 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
49 KB, 320x318
No one ever told me how comfy this album was

>>53777081
First inhale kush into mouth/cheeks, then just inhale fresh air, pushing danky-cheek-smoke into lungs. Hold for a few moments in the lungs and then exhale.
It's a p good strategy for newbies, a bit less harsh on de lungs.
Anyway
>Chill out~~, nothin's wrong, there's nothin to worry about
>take care of things pre-smoke
>Slow down a bit
>Listen to 'classic'/accessible albums that everyone knows. Bump plebby shit like Beatles, Bowie, Michael Jackson, Mac LeMarco etc
>also bump some dub-- lee scratch perry, tappa zukie, screaming target, etc. Shit feels great on the ears, scratches sonic itch
>lay down, keep some good drinks nearby
>be a typical stoner for a bit and dont worry about it, watch a stereotypical stoner film like Dazed & Confused, Big Lebowski, or Bill n Teds. Shit's great
>>
>>53777212
Also I forgot, you're gonna want water.

Nothing worse than being one with the couch and realizing you can't feel anything but the sandpaper that has become your mouth.
>>
>>53777412
Overrated to chill to IMO, i usually bump the B-side of Bizarre Ride II, De La Soul, or Digable Planets
>>
Guy thats smoking for the first time here. I'd just to like to add its only going to be and Heather at her place. Will being with only one other person be better or worse for my first high?
>>
File: folder.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
Is this a filthy stoner thread now?

If so, I completely recommend listening to Earth, Wind, & Fire next time you smoke. September sounds like you're in a fuckin hyperspace boogie hall
>>
>>53777633
If you know both of them well then certainly better than smoking with a bunch of strangers.

But it's all in your mindset, so if you go in being committed to having fun then you'll have a good time.
>>
>>53777633

If you trust the other person and are genuinely comfortable with them, it should be great.

It's bitterness and insecurity that can be strengthened by the drug.

You really should do some research on Erowid or google, just learn all you can about the drug. How to hit it, the right way to breathe it in, what "Cornering" the bowl to avoid torching it is, what to expect from the effects. If you're not prepared, you might have a bad time.

Bring a pair of headphones and some of your favorite music, the way it makes your hearing clearer will astound you.
>>
>>53776623
Well, you never know anon, I hope that you are right.
>>
>>53777212
>Don't torch the whole bowl, light a portion of it.
this is very important
>>
>>53777633
Depends what your relationship w/ her is.
You probably won't be talking for awhile (I was silent af the first couple times I smoked), but like just laugh at things and do some things you two have in common. Talk about funny things, watch some TV. Chill.
If you just chill, everything will be chill.

Just don't be anxious, and don't be anxious about being anxious. If you can, smoke in intervals instead of all at once, it can be a bit overwhelming taking it all in at once.

Lastly: Listen to some fuckin Elton John, I swear to god it's tight
>>
>>53776252
Being comfy as fuck today listening to Moonchild
>>
>>53777500
> De La Soul
this
>>
>>53777803
My first like, 20 times, of smoking I was so noided about the cops busting into the apartment and it just ruined the experience, it would make me so anxious.

And then I just realized like, 1) the chance of cops coming in is incredibly low, and 2) if they do come in, there's nothing I can do anyway.

And somehow that extinguished all anxiety I've had since while smoking.
>>
>>53777765
Agreed. Looking back on when I would torch the bowl and the first time one of my friends said anything about it is pretty cringe.
>>
File: zpCmK0PfQzWR3zXFElod_cover.png (2 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
zpCmK0PfQzWR3zXFElod_cover.png
2 MB, 800x800
Guys I have this weird thing where when I hear mice in the walls I feel extra comfy. Anyone else know this feel.
>>
>>53777020
>>53777062
I'm from New Zealand.

Also the place i wanted to buy food from was closed. Fuck this shit.

We 6/10 now
>>
>>53777500
Digable Planets
>Now That a name I haven't heard in a long time

love their shit.
>>53777633
Don't be afraid to ask questions. It's a learning experience, and fun too. Make sure to have water handy to drink, follow>>53777428
instructions for inhaling. I personally like to bump jazz while I light up.
>>
alright here's some comfy songs for you fagits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D70kcZvgZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59cQWw9ctOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQdMAzsj7Xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmvPeiJZ9io
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foIzzAIwiQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfQHccAHjgU
>>
File: cover.jpg (221 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
221 KB, 500x500
Play some videogames dude.
Nothin's more fun than playing Tony Hawk Pro-Skater high
>dem soundtracks
>>
>in bed
>sweatpants on
>just had some delicious toasted pain pavé
>watching seinfeld
>feeling on the cusp of being on top of things
>still feel selfish for how close to the sun i flew in terms of how much drugs i was doing as a means of coping with depression & anxiety

i can't find any music for my feels lately i am in feel stasis
>>
Bumped for your comfort
>>
My comfy album of the past week: Nick Drake - Pink Moon. Either the album or the song - you choose.

>If you want a song, go for Roads or Which Will.
>If you want an album, you'll have the pleasure of those two songs back to back, followed by Horn.
>>
>>53778806
Which Will gives me panic attacks and the final track on that album makes me cry.
2/10 not comfy.
>>
>>53776380
fuck me this record is so great
>>
Very comfy track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhQuRqu2SnY
>>
>>53778930
Im very sorry I've ruined your comfort :(
>>
File: a2231815864_10.jpg (539 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2231815864_10.jpg
539 KB, 1200x1200
>Coke and whiskey
>playing vidya, starting homework soon
>keep listening to No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross over and over again.

Fuck me I'm too hyped for this album
>>
>>53777292
yes it's very good
>>
Been having pints all day since about 2 (now around 9). I am quite comfy thank you.

Listening to Amelia Curran.
>>
>>53779069
I was already at a measly 5/10 comfy. I'll be alright, going to put on some cozy wool socks to regain my losses.

Great album though. The panic attack was the worst of my life (my mind literally went blank for a few seconds) but it felt kind of good afterwards. A comfortable panic.

>>53779098
Like 20 times so far. The song is fantastic and has no sense of pretention. Even before reading the interview you know that Sufjan is just singing from the bottom of his heart, even though he might not want to admit what he is saying.
>>
>>53779177
I'm seeing Sufjan in April and I can't wait for that either
>>
File: CTTE-800.jpg (235 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
CTTE-800.jpg
235 KB, 800x800
>>53776252

had a GOAT comfy this afternoon smoking a joint in my room listening to pic related on top headphones, losing myself in every little detail of the music and writing a bunch of poetry. life is pretty good sometimes anons :)
>>
this is probably the comfiest 420blazeitfagit song in the world, and unlike most of them, it's actually good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uoUrvZ0O_A
>>
>>53779204
I was going to see him in April but I'm going to have to miss it because of college. Luckily about a week later NMH is playing at Cleveland so I'm not too sad. All I need to do is find a copy of the clear vinyl and Sufjan has to announce his planets album, only then will I be complete.

Listening to Foret now, 7/10 comfy. Link if anyone is interested in comfy french dreampop.
https://mega.co.nz/#!IpgClaRa!DkIJM43of89iDgUvnjJ_4RUAJ-zF_zX_vk5JYkEmoNw
>>
Earlier today new ultimate qt petite, socially anxious, patrician gf was happen. She likes Sufjan, Phil Elverum (my GOAT artist), loads of shoegaze, Of Montreal, Modest Mouse and the list goes on. I am Sat in bed listening to burial and smiling my ass off. 10/10 comfy
>>
>fwb canceled on me last night and he's being a dick today
>ton of homework to do
>about to smoke a bowl and get some dim sum
>listening to ehg - take as needed for pain

6/10 will be better after I smoke
>>
>>53779384
>tfw Kevin Barnes, Sufjan, and Phil are my trinity of newer pop artists
>tfw identify with Kevin the most even though he is the dick of the three
>>
>tfw being manic means you're never 100% comfortable

sure wish i was back using benzos and/or heroin but i'm trying to be a happy & well adjusted member of society right now
>>
>>53779606
don't know about kevin and i know a little about sufjan but i know everything about Phil, i am in love with Phil
>>
>>53779656
i find it really hard to be comfortable because of GAD but i can do it, i know your feel dude and i am sorry
>>
>>53779656
>>53779688
I've been thinking of using phenylbutyl lately. Any here have any idea about it? I just want to stop being anxious 100% of the time without being diagnosed with something.

>>53779663
Kevin's just a really manic asshole, and he knows it too. If you didn't know he fired his entire band and got a new one recently because he was bored with them.

Phil's the best though. Have his Dawn book but still haven't read through it yet.
>>
>>53779784
(Btw the guy who loves phil is also GAD and QT patrician girl) And honestly dude, being a britbong I probably have little access to anti-anxiety drugs and i really wouldn't want them because chemical straightjacket etc. sorry i couldn't help
>>
>>53779656
Heroine seems cool. I guess you wouldn't recommend it?
>>
File: love tara.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
love tara.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
its 2am ive just got back from hanging out with my buddies, listening to this which is comfy af but might go to bed in a min, 8/10 i love saturdays

>>53778806
comfy album unless you feel depressed in which case it will make you feel ultra-depressed
>>
File: face.png (6 KB, 249x219) Image search: [Google]
face.png
6 KB, 249x219
>>53776252
Erm, w-well...y-you asked...
>yesterday toilet water had quite a bit of blood, go to emergency room on base today
>guy gloves up, starts raising the bed
>"okay, lie on your side, pull your top knee to your chest, and relax"
>"so, um, aside from the fact my pants are down to my thighs, will this be uncomfortable?"
>"well, I won't lie, it's pretty unpleasant, but I've never had anyone complain too much about it"
>he starts to spread my cheeks, I'm obviously a bit jumpy
>"you need to relax a bit"
>I'm trying, finally manage to do so, when suddenly
>holyshitishediggingfortreasureintherewhatthefuckaudeoadisodfasdfkasdnfei
>felt like he was trying to tie a square knot with my rectum
>"alright, you can pull your pants up now"
>he explains what he thinks the problem is and what to do, I'm finding it hard to sit up straight
>for the next three hours still can't sit comfortably
>mfw the government paid to have me spread my cheeks so an officer could stick his finger in my asshole

Actually pretty comfy now. Took a two hour nap, now I've got some stew cooking while I listen to this:
https://soundcloud.com/swanhoppers

Overall, a successful day.
>>
http://soundcloud.com/yoseaux/winter
Here you go anon
>>
>>53779854
It's alright mane. /fit/ was once talking about phenyl in a sleep thread and I was just wondering if anyone here has used it. It's supposed to be good for relaxing but doesn't make you drowsy.

>tfw can't even relax during sleep
>tfw tired because half of your sleep involves you screaming
>tfw no roommates

And to help with the comfiness if anyone hasn't yet, listen to Sauna. The first track of it is top tier from relaxing, it has drones and water trickling and shit.
>>
>>53779896
damn rectal exams sound uncomfy, at least that stew and some chill
>>
>>53779879

it'll be both the best & worst choice of your life if you do. i never got physically addicted thankfully but i abused it pretty heavily along with crack for about three months. i miss it all the time.
>>
>>53779952
the qt today had a bit of a panic attack and she literally listened to that track to calm down, small world huh
>>
>>53779854

look into getting some rc benzos for anxiety
>>
>>53780043
don't. just got out of a 4 year xanax addiction. benzodiazepines are evil drugs.
>>
>>53780043
I'm actually on the route out, i have some talking therapy on the way and a CBT self help book. I'm not a drug guy but thanks anyway
>>
>>53776662
that happens sometimes when you've consumed alcohol, when ya beat it it burns. it's a thing apparently
>>
>>53777964
should i just say 'fuck it' and move to new zealand? it seems like a fantastic place
>>
>>53780074
thats my problem with them
>>
>just came back from cycling
>20°C+
>steamy as fuck shower
>blasting some dream pop on my new dt880's

life's good guys
>>
>>53780159
>>
>>53780123
you just come in from stupid town?
>>
>>53780013
Comfiest track of the year. Definitely download a vinyl rip if there is one yet, the vinyl has Phil humming in the background of Sauna.

>>53780077
I've thought about talking therapy but there are 2 problems.

1. Don't trust their diagnosis
2. Would need to tell family

And I've seen edgy teens who just are mildly moody be put on handfuls of pills, so I really think trying to go the "self help" way will be best for me. Hope it works for you man.
>>
>>53780043

I honestly completely lost my mind on etizolam, coupled with the frequent blackouts it made for a fucking weird period of my life. I'd wake up with new pieces of clothing or furniture, or seeing the date was five days ahead of yesterday's date, or finding i had made random calls to different countries on my phone for hours at a time, the list could go on & on.
>>
>>53780180
oh dude chill, this is a comfy thread
>>
>>53780232
i don't think i'm so far from being an edgy moody teen, hence talking therapy. but i do legitimately struggle with anxiety and i think talking therapy would help
>>
>>53780247
fuck.
>>
>>53780287
Yeah, I just think talking therapy would be good for anxiety and stuff, I just don't even know what I could talk about. There is absolutely nothing specific that makes me anxious, it's just the mood I'm always in.

And the teen I knew just had a couple family members die and after a 30 minute session they were diagnosed with a few depression disorders. I'm just not real trustworthy of doctors I guess.
>>
>>53779972
The best part was the bed, actually. They just rebuilt the ER there, so the bed was comfier than mine at home. Otherwise, I'm glad I (hopefully) never have to do that again.
>>
>>53780387
nor me, and remember that with anxiety its usually more simple than you think
>>
>>53780488
silver lining, huh?
>>
bump?
>>
>Saturday night
>Depressed as shit, trying to decide wheter to keep holding on to whatever I have left or let everything go and go full NEET
>Latest Bjork playing in the background

Melancholia is kins of comforting and romantica, so it's not so bad after all
>>
alright uh

>first weekend in a while where i havent been sick
>got really high for the first time in like a year last night
>slept till 4 and then remembered why i quit weed
>cant wait for semester to end so i can move out of this shitty dorm room and get away from all these music students

now im just cleaning my room and listening to a robert hood compilation. maybe like 6/10 comfy, im too stir crazy in my dorm but too socially awkward to actually want to go out.
>>
>>53781314
I'd recommend leading a productive life. At least have a job and apartment and you're good.
>>
>>53781314
change your approach maybe?
>>
>>53781414
Well, the thing is, that's my problem. My daily job is deppresing the shit out of me and I'm not sure why. It's not that bad, but the thought of being fettered to an office for 9-11 hours a day just makes me want to kill myself, literally. There's not an hour that gooes by at work when I'm not thinking about how a profund relief would I feel if I just quit right there on the spot. It's killing me
>>
>>53781418
What do you mean? I'm open to any kind of help or suggestion, I guess
>>
>>53781496
YIkes. I'm in an office 9-5 but I'm listening to podcasts and music most of the time and like the person next to me. Obviously it's not enjoyable but idgaf really.
>>
>>53777954
Did you grow up in a house/structure that had mice in wall?
>>
>>53781520
not either of the dudes who replied to your first post, but i was exactly where you were 8-9 months ago. i left it all behind. moved to a diff state and am pursuing an unconventional career for a lot less money but it's fulfilling and i get to enjoy a beautiful recreation-filled part of the country. we get one shot at life, and it's not worth rotting away in a fucking office job you hate for money.
>>
>>53782471
Great it worked out well for you man, nice to hear that this can indeed be something temporal. I appreciate it, I do need to make some serious thinking about where I'm heading for
>>
Need some good j-pop or j-rock to go along with this snowy comfy night
>>
How's my comfy thread doin'?
>>
Good night comfy thread.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.