[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you go to discuss music besides /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
Where do you go to discuss music besides /mu/?
>>
cant escape the memes, anon...
>>
real life
>>
What do you mean discuss music here?
>>
Reddit has some decent subs.
Musikchan is nice too, but slow.
Maybe Last.fm? I'm sure there are groups for what you want.
>>
Real life friends. Isn't that something
>>
>>53740576
Metal Archives and only metal archives. Seriously, metal is far from the only genre I listen to, but metal archives is one of the only communities on the internet I've found that can discuss their topics with sincerity, civility, and knowledge. I really want to discuss other genres, (i do s sometimes on metal archives actually) but pretty much every other internet music community is just full of immature memeing. (I go to /mu/ for that)
>>
>>53740617
how awful
>>
File: 1274707410731.jpg (18 KB, 277x359) Image search: [Google]
1274707410731.jpg
18 KB, 277x359
I don't discuss music with people.
>>
>>53740628
but all my friends listen to rap and shit
>>
>>53740638
When you strip a metal head of his jacket he's left with fedora holsters and bad acne
>>
/r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music /r/Music
>>
>>53740649

>this guy still posts

you really ARE an old faggot

do you still fug with that cassandra girl
>>
>>53740617
>>53740628
this pretty much. I have to go to different friends for different genres, though. My close friends are all hip-hop plebs
>>
Sputnikmusic
>>53740638
Metal archives is literally one of the worst places on the internet
>>
>>53740688
Yes, I do still "fug" with her.
We've lived together for a while now.
>>
>>53740626
>Musikchan
I've been checking that place out last few months and it's pretty much slowly coming to life right now. It's like /mu/ with, but less memes, more discussion and also more trips. But they're decent trips.
>>
>>53740713

haha, true shit

I remember back when you were just little internet lovers

cuties
>>
>>53740626
>>53740720
Isn't Witchfinder a mod on musikchan? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>53740752
Those were the days.

>>53740754
I was once, but not anymore.
>>
>>53740754
If he is, he's been doing a god awful job at it because he rather seems to be hanging around in here and shitpost.
>>
qt's on tastebuds.fm
>>
>>53740754
>>53740773
>implying that place has any activity to moderate in the first place
It's like walking and posting in a ghost town
>>
>>53740797
It's a great board with an awesome community of posters. But, yeah, nothing much goes on around those parts from what I see.
>>
>>53740704
>Metal archives is literally one of the worst places on the internet
No it's not. They admit their lines for what is and isn't metal are entirely subjective and only reflect the standards of their own site. Seriously, look at any of their political discussions. Apart from the occasional loon, they are generally filled with civil discourse and interesting insight. Also, the main site is just a good information database.

Pic related is an example of the quality of discussion there. Long paragraphs and serious/respectful discussion might nnot be your thing, but you've got to admit, the metal archives community generally does it pretty well

>inb4 somebody tips a fedora at me becuase they don't like reading.
There's nothing wrong with disliking reading, but being a dickhead about it just make you sound like a boneheaded high school jock.
>>
File: 142441579760.png (740 KB, 821x665) Image search: [Google]
142441579760.png
740 KB, 821x665
>>53740815
My thoughts too. They're doing these albums together now and that seems to be going pretty well. They're all over the place. Even fucking iTunes and Spotify. Might throw in something myself one day.

What made you stop posting?
>>
>>53740576
Workshops, or just get some of my composer buddies to come around for a beer and talk shit about music/have a jam
>>
>>53740871
Oh, I forgot to add - this picture made me giggle like a little girl when I just opened that site up. Hooray, binge drinking.
>>
>>53740617
This
>>
>>53740576
Real life with fellow musicians.
Talkbass.com ocasionally
talk with friends in spotify or on fb
>>
>>53740858
>someone posts a coherent argument
>thread dies

Never change /mu/.
>>
How does discussing music with irl people even work? I don't know anyone who even comes close to my musical taste, except for the more popular stuff I listen. Like, if I tried to strike up a conversation about industrial or some shit, all I'll get is blank stares. Meh.

>>53740871
Hey, I made that. Nice to see you like it.
>>
http://ihatemusic.noquam.com/
>>
>>53740956
/mu/ is for musical maymays anyway
>>
File: 1379648110855.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1379648110855.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
>tfw even witchfinder met a qt tripfag on /mu/ and lives happily ever after while you're still alone and drunk at 4:00 in the morning
>>
File: 1420328103683.jpg (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1420328103683.jpg
9 KB, 205x246
>>53741047
life is pain
>>
>>53741047
I'm not even drunk because I'm twenty and my parents don't buy alcohol and I don't have any friends I can get it from. I'm also autistic and my mom hates autistic people and makes unfair generalizations about it all the time and thinks I'm a loser. This is humiliating. I'm going crazy. I think I should kill myself. Either that, or just hold out the three and a half months until I can drink myself to death.
>>
Sorry?
>>
>>53741018
That guy will probably still continue to post that the metal archives is one of the worst places on the internet if it ever comes up, despite the fact that he has provided literally nothing n defense of that statement.
>>
>>53741114
Sounds like you should start thinking about moving out. Wouldn't want to live with anyone who doesn't respect you as a living being.
>>
>>53741123
And then he gets super passive aggressive about it jesus christ just stop posting
>>
>>53741140
>passive aggressive about it
Uhh, about what?
>>
>OP asks where people go besides /mu/
>thread ends up about Witchfinder and some metalhead disagreeing
errrrr
>>
>>53741206
Which metalhead did witchfinder disagree with exactly?
>>
>>53741227
Fuck me, that came out wrong. I haven't slept in 24 hours
>>
the electrical audio forums is probably the best place to discuss music on the internet. i usually try and bait steve albini or some guy from mogwai about their cities being shite for giggles
>>
>>53741206
this isn't the first time witchy turned a thread to shit just by showing up
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.