[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recent Japanese Indie/Punk/Psych/Hardcore Rec Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: gingnangboyz-hikarino....jpg (399 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gingnangboyz-hikarino....jpg
399 KB, 500x500
So I found out today that Ging Nang Boyz finally released an album last year. I've been waiting for this for over half a decade ever since I got turned on to their first two albums.

I realize I'm really behind when it comes to the Japanese music scene. Any recent albums that came out that really kick ass? I am not too picky, any genre will suffice.

I like all the usual shit for a point of reference: Envy, Mono, Boris, Number Girl, Soil and Pimp Sessions, Shiina Ringo, Les Rallizes Denudes, Fishmans, etc.
>>
MELT BANANA
>>
BELT MANANA
>>
I've really been really digging Ling Tosite Sigure lately. Can anyone recommend me anything like this?
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>53680490
OP here. You'd probably like the cabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qsXxKawUos

Maybe tricot and Zazen Boys as well.
>>
I made a blog some time ago. Need to update it.
http://akirashare.wordpress.com
Been listening to 下山 and マヒトゥ・ザ・ピーポー a lot recently. Try them out too!
>>
>>53680867
>>53680895
Nice one lads. I'll go check these out now
>>
>>53680895
Thanks dude. I'll keep tabs on your blog. Asakawa Maki is my jam.
>>
>>53680156
I have not found a band that scratches the same itch as Number Girl yet. I feel like they had something really special there. The sound on School Girl Distortional Addict is insane, not even bothering to touch on their later albums. Num-heavymetallic is one of the most unique records of all time imo

You might want to try out Bloodthirsty Butchers, they have a bit of connection to Number Girl, being part of the same scene and all.

As well as Cowpers and Spiral Chord, if you want some Drive Like Jehu-esque punk. Spiral Chord is heavy as hell and has super strong hooks. Cowpers is a bit more straight-forward post-hardcore.
>>
>>53680156
Sooooo does anyone have Ging Nang Boyz' first album??
>>
>>53681965
check on Otonomai
>>
>>53681692
Yea, they are definitely one of a kind to me as well. To me they're kind of the Japanese equivalent of the Pixies.

Anyways, I'm familiar with Bloodthirsty Butchers, Cowpers and Spiral Chord. I see I have yet to listen to their most recent two albums though.

I'm familiar with a lot of the older guard. Just interested in seeing if there are any newer bands or albums that came out in the past 5 years or so. I've been doing a bit of research but it's mostly been catching up on newer releases of bands I used to enjoy.

>>53681965
Which one? They technically released Door and "Young Alive and in Love" on the same day.
>>
>>53682265
Young Alive and in Love
>>
>>53682265
As far as recent bands go, I could highly recommend Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets. Awesome rock band, instrumentals are great and the lead singer has a great pair of lungs on her. Love the guitar work especially. I'd recommend there latest album hack/SLASH and the 2 previous to that, Seventh World and Popsense. And if you like some poppier sounding J-Rock, I'd recommend SCANDAL as well. Not as impressive as Kishida, they sound really simple in comparison, but it's good catchy rock music in my opinion. Stay away from there latest album, it was pretty garbage compared to what they have done, but check out STANDARD, Temptation Box and Best SCANDAL
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.