[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So as far as versatility and usefullness and impressiveness to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Musical-Instruments.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Musical-Instruments.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
So as far as versatility and usefullness and impressiveness to be able to play can we say

1. Piano
2. Violin
3. Guitar (Accustic)
4. Guitar (Electric)
5. Drums
6. Saxaphone
7. Trumpet
8. Flute
9. Harmonica
10. Tuba
9001. Theremin
9002. Recorder

Agree Dissagree wat do???
>>
I would say an electric is much more versatile than an acoustic guitar
>>
Where is le mellotron????
>>
id put violin way further down in terms of versatility
>>
An electric guitar is the most versatile of all instruments
>>
>>53643479
Depends on what you're playing and I question Tuba and harmonica being so high but this is kinda accurate. Piano definitely deserves 1st place.
Stuff like double bass, electric bass and synth would be up there too in my mind.
>>
Synth is the absolute top and anyone who disagrees is wrong.
>>
>>53643479
Those to peremiters are so different, I think you need two different lists.
Violin is extremely impressive to play, but compared to guitar and drums has absolutely no versatility.
>>
>>53643554
said guitarists and nobody else ever
>>
>>53643479
cello has to be above violin
>>
>>53643780
>Elec guitar-pedals-amp

Electric guitar has more possibilities. Everything a synth can do plus string manipulation and harmonics.
>>
>>53643865
Knobs and buttons can always emulate "string manipulate and harmonics", plus you can actually hold notes indefinitely, manipulate even more with knobs, pads, sliders, etc. Guitar is shit.
>>
A good piano player is always hard to find... But honestly for strings and brass, it is normally easy to find somebody to record a song or two with. The band geeks just normally don't hang out in the same crowd as the Drummers and Guitarists
>>
Add pedal-steel to that list. Not super versatile, but it always sounds incredible in the right bands. And I've always heard finding pedal steels, let alone people who can play them well, is quite the challenge.

>+1 for recorders
>>
>no bass
>>
>>53643847
Not a guitarist myself (I do violin and viola), but you can't deny that the presence of feedback and an amplifier, and the manipulation of those two factors provides for a shitload of sonic possibility.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x1136
>>53644578
>3rd string guitarists

>captcha iClit
>>
>>53643479
how is a violin more versatile than a guitar?

im not being ironic or post-ironic, im genuinely curious
>>
>>53644721
A lot to do with skill required to play and how easy it is to find somebody good at it...

Like I said tho, with my high school band and shit, it was never too difficult to find people who play Violin or Brass. You just go over to the bandgeek kids and ask them if they want to jam with a real band and they are stoked...

Nowadays, at 25, if I were to start a band, it is probably harder to find a good violin or sax player than a bassist or drummer.
>>
>>53643861
lol cello literally has ONE soloist song violin has like 100 plus 100 more for fiddle songs
>>
>>53643479
is that a fucking 5-string guitar
>>
>>53643479

LOLOLOLOLOL

nice thread OP
>>
>>53643479
>accustic
>saxaphone

Please stop.
>>
>>53643479
1. computer
9999999. everything else
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.