[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dgg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: when copy.png (791 KB, 800x1019) Image search: [Google]
when copy.png
791 KB, 800x1019
Sacramento Fashion Week edition

Event kicks off at 6PM PST (9PM EST, 2AM GMT)

Will shit go down?
Will Jenny Drop?
Will DG be there?
Will mirrors break?
Will the fashion week soundtrack play while the models are on the runway?
Will we get any twitter/facebook updates?
Will they drop a new track?
Will any of you sacto/cali /mu/tants be there to provide us live updates?
Will all the bypassed filterfags be butthurt?
>>
>>53617237
furst
>>
File: cigarette.png (44 KB, 293x281) Image search: [Google]
cigarette.png
44 KB, 293x281
https://mega.co.nz/#!ndUl3I4R!lzN7jFwIc9lrn7ZBuRiELFJqdTG7HFnLhe8HDzxgwYA

?
>>
further info
>>
first for
>>
will jenny death be as awful as NOTM?

probably

will they ever top GP?

no
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5BonpKBXs
Lol at Flatlander commenting on DG videos
>>
How many people think JD will actually come out today?
>>
>>53617294
>NOTM
>not their best so far
>>
>>53617312
>GP
>not their best so far
>>
>>53617308
today is our best bet anon
>>
>>53617294
bait
>>
File: deathgrips copy.png (3 MB, 2000x1122) Image search: [Google]
deathgrips copy.png
3 MB, 2000x1122
NOTM > NLDW > GP > TMS > EXM
>>
>>53617327
It really isn't.
Maybe a close third.
>>
>>53617294
how someone could love GP and hate NOTM is completely beyond me what the fuck.
>>
File: 1424028025095.png (155 KB, 1600x1217) Image search: [Google]
1424028025095.png
155 KB, 1600x1217
daily reminder this tracklist is actually real

why am i the only one who thinks thats fucking crazy
>>
>>53617377
notm = nldw > gp > tms = em
>>
>>53617356
>disagreeing with me
>bait

>>53617383
>>53617385
it is their best album, it has a more complex and developed atmosphere than any other album by death grips

the only argument for it not being their masterpiece is
>MUH LYRICS
>>
>>53617434
im actually okay with this too
>>
>>53617442
dude, GP was at one point my favorite Death Grips album, but guess what? My mood changes, where I'm at in life changes, as does my favorite album of theirs. Learn to appreciate things anon. It's not a fucking competition, Christ
>>
>>53617377
STOP POSTING SHIT PEOPLE ACTUALLY START BELIEVING IT

fuck
>>
>>53617481
I appreciate their good albums such as GP and I do not appreciate their shitty albums such as NOTM
>>
I'm the coat hanger in your man's vagina
>>
>>53617237
well i doubt it'll be dropped at the exact time fashion week starts but i do think we're getting something this week
>>
>>53617442
>it is their best album
objectifying music
>complex, developed
buzzwords
>muh lyrics
subjective opinion

>PAY NO MIND ILLOGICAL
>>
File: 1423977066503.jpg (874 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1423977066503.jpg
874 KB, 1200x1200
>>53617503
notm is objectively better than GP
>>
1h dubs confirm
>>
You people are so quick to feed the trolls
>>
>>53617503
Which other ones didn't you like?
>>
I really want to see Death Grips live.
Looks like such a blast.
>>
>>53617503
okay, convince me why it's shitty. Lets hear it
>>
i live here and i have never heard of this shit.
>>
>>53617237
well i sure hope shit goes down, i dont even care if the album drops if they do some crazy shit instead, they have been pretty boring this last months, the video was cool tho
>>
>>53617593
same
>>
>>53617569
That video where mc ride throws drum into that Mac. Right on time.
>>
>>53617294
notm is so much better than gp
i don't see how anyone could ever think otherwise
>>
Think it will come out on Tuesday because that's traditionally new release day?
>>
>>53617593
lolol actually living in sacramento, what are you, poor?
>>
>>53617593
Yeah well you should help us out man
>>
>>53617419

None of them really surprise me honestly, Death Grips has been getting into some really odd territory lyrically and conceptually.

Nothing should really surprise you after NotM.

The whole album seems really interesting, but I get this feeling On GP is actually going to have some tie together with the album Government Plates, and I also feel like Death Grips 2.0 is going to be a crazy ass track as well.

Honestly I get the feeling the whole Death Grips 2.0 thing is going to lead into something like a second "act" of Death Grips. Given the whole napkin and the way they said they are an art exhibition, it really wouldn't surprise me at all.

They may have peaked in act I, but maybe they'll peak entirely differently in act II.
>>
exmilitary = tms = nldw = notm > gp
>>
>>53617631
>i don't see how anyone could ever think otherwise
music taste is subjective maybe? dumbass
>>
>>53617636
in Britbongistan our traditional release day is Monday
Fashion Week starts 2am Monday our time
Death Grips probably like the UK
IT'S C O M I N G
>>
hey guise!
are we memeing yet?
I got some real dankers!
>>
>>53617569
it is, but once isn't enough. i really really want to see them again
>>
I don't see why they would have an album called Fashion Week and not have any relevance to the Sacramento Fashion Week
>>
I think the most unexpected thing DG could do now is announce a release date, and then actually put the album out on that date.
>>
>2AM GMT
great
>>
>>53617579
While the first side of The Powers That B is musically interesting, it fails to grab my attention compositionally. Unlike the expertly and classically composed tracks that appeared on the band’s utter masterpiece The Money Store, or the harsh and well-produced sounds of NO LOVE DEEP WEB, Niggas on the Moon is only comprised of manipulated sounds with lead vocalist MC Ride viciously spitting nonsensical lines over them. And unlike the group’s older, more classic material, there’s just no primal energy or exciting climaxes in any of these eight songs. Instead, you’re just hearing the sounds of a band fucking around with no purpose or aesthetic at all. Everything just feels so muddled compositionally and never really reaches a true level playing field.

Once again, it’s sonically impressive but that doesn’t automatically make it great. There’s really nothing to get excited about here, and tracks like “Billy Not Really” and "Fuck Me Out" are completely directionless whilst Ride sounds as confused and meaningless as ever. There’s a certain staying power to Death Grips’ music. A power that unleashes primal rage. But here, everything just feels so lazily made and chopped and screwed in such a unnecessary manner.

Unless this first side is supposed to represent a certain theme of the upcoming album, I don’t see much of an excuse for this disc to sound like such a broken record. It seems as though on every track Death Grips takes these manipulated sounds and they experiment with them in the most monotonous ways imaginable. At least Government Plates had some moments on it where it was somewhat catchy and rhythmically interesting throughout. Niggas on the Moon, on the other hand, is just pitiful. Honestly, if someone else released this and not Death Grips, no one would give a damn.
>>
>>53617419
I remember when I first downloaded NOTM and I saw the tracklist and I thought it was so fucking weird

It'll grow on us
>>
>>53617688
uhhhhh
internets attention span here
did you want something?
>>
>>53617704
http://marcelsmusicjournal.tumblr.com/post/88335268363/album-review-death-grips-niggas-on-the-moon

kek fuck off marcel, ban this underage user
>>
>>53617670
gethype
>>
GP > the rest

seriously, it's leagues above anything they've put out
>>
Been away from /mu/ for a while..

Whats the latest on that video they released a few days ago? I assume they're just practicing a few songs from JD? I heard Inanimate sensation in there
>>
>>53617704
>Billy not Really
>directionless

Fucking dropped. Also is this a copypasta ?
>>
>>53617689
haha that's actually so true
>>
>>53617704
listen to it again
i thought it was incoherent at first, but it's just dense as shit and if you just throw your hands up and say '2weird' you're missing out on one of their most interesting works
i would probably go so far to say that if you like death grips' earlier albums but not notm, you just haven't listened to it enough

LISTEN TO IT LOUDER
>>
>>53617732
marcel plagiarized it from me
>>
what will dg 2.0 be? will it be instructions on how to continue dg after the original group break up? or will it be a new band?
>>
>>53617655
notm = tms = exm = first half of gp = nldw > last half of gp
>>
>>53617700
I'm up that late anyway.
>>
>>53617754
i think it's like the first 3 or 4 tracks from Jenny Death. The first song is definitely I break mirrors with my face... and the second is Inanimate Sensation
>>
>>53617721
>>
>>53617777
nice quads but the last half of gp is great
>>
File: alternatefashionweek.jpg (488 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
alternatefashionweek.jpg
488 KB, 1500x1500
>>53617766
>>53617758
it's from marcel's review of the album
>>
>>53617777
bootleg and whatever I want are good.
>>
>>53617777
but the second half of GP is the best.
nice quads tho
>>
File: how to hang yourself.jpg (946 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
how to hang yourself.jpg
946 KB, 608x1070
>>53617777
>last half of GP
>worst thing death grips have done
>>
>>53617801
idk why you reuploaded it, the text was horrible

here it is from reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/deathgrips/comments/2r1v7f/shes_your_experience_youre_her_experiment_rough/

made me approach GP and NOTM with an entirely new mindset
>>
>>53617298
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzRT2kIEnQ
>memelander
>>
>>53617704
New pasta?
>>
>>53617766
This

Bork has been my favorite artist for almost 2 years now, so when I first heard DG worked with her on this thing I was fucking thrilled. I liked it at first, but I didn't LOVE it. After a few weeks it started to click with me and now it's my favorite. It's fucking unreal.

I guess if you don't like it and you're not willing to give it a try then whatever. It's a great album with a sound completely unique to Death Grips.
>>
>>53617773
It will be a meme
>>
>>53617806
still not really sure who marcel is
i think a lot of people (like marcel, apparently) on here think notm is too chaotic and weird to be good but it definitely isn't
>>
File: NLDWalt2.jpg (626 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
NLDWalt2.jpg
626 KB, 720x720
>>
>>53617859
will it transcend memes?
what comes after memes?

I think I just felt myself evolve.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.