[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Artists that need to be themselves.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: DSC_2104.jpg (207 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2104.jpg
207 KB, 1600x1064
ITT: Artists that need to be themselves.
>>
you first

also what are you talking about?
>>
File: 1347203699864.gif (225 KB, 219x257) Image search: [Google]
1347203699864.gif
225 KB, 219x257
>>
>>53555870
She seems so incredibly uncomfortable with who she is. in recent interviews, she seems like a complete fabrication, like a fictional character that she made up, and it doesn't seem natural at all. She needs to start acting like the great woman she is that we got to see in the late 2000's and first few years of the 2010's, not this character she's constructing. She's even been caught in recent interviews completely lying about things she'd previously talked about when she was more obscure. She should drop this act and just be herself.
>>
>>53555870
I guess artists that are so commercialized that their personalities are made up also?
>>
File: 1423642622857.gif (993 KB, 405x278) Image search: [Google]
1423642622857.gif
993 KB, 405x278
>>
>>53556053
I'm not denouncing your opinion but can you direct me to a time when she's lied?
>>
Annies teeth gaps r kinda cute
>>
>>53556101
Before people start asking, its from romance the friend zone, lexi bloom. Im pretty sure, right anon?
>>
File: foxy-shazam.jpg (123 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
foxy-shazam.jpg
123 KB, 960x960
>>
You're a fucking idiot. A big part about being an artist sometimes is creating a character. It's about the performance, the personality and the music. There's nothing wrong with not being yourself as a musician. I don't mean it as oh they're not true to themselves I mean it as them being a musician and an artist and being able to fully become somebody else, even if for a short period of time.
>>
>>53556053
She is a character for this new album you dink. It's part of the whole thing. Sometimes you reinvent yourself to become something else as a musician. She is still herself, she's just doing this because that's what can make great musicians sometimes. Being able to be a character.
>>
>>53556129
in one interview, she talks about just recently getting into kate bush, and in another interview she said she's listened to kate bush since she was a kid. she also bullshitted her way through the new kate bush BBC documentary
>>
>>53556188
It's what makes their live shows worth going to. They're being entertainers. They're entertaining you. Fuck you.
>>
>>53556129
I don't have the source right now but she said in 2007 that she had just gotten into Kate Bush's "The Sensual World" five months earlier and joked about being a little late to the party, and then in 2014 talked about how she bought it on the day it was released and how much of an impact it had on her so that people would think it would seem like she intensely studied Kate from a young age.
>>
>>53556271
It's not so much that they're "not being themselves" like OP said, it's just that their new style is terrible (IMO)

But they are still sick live yeah, I agree
>>
>>53556251
Are you seriously upset about that? It's an interview, do you think the artist gets to sit there and think for 20 minutes before every question or discussion? No. Maybe she meant that she is getting back into her, maybe IT DOESN'T MATTER.
>>
>>53556307
Well they're broken up anyways so it doesn't matter haha I think they just wanted to have some fun with no constraints with their new thing. It wasn't my favorite and I actually haven't listened to it really either but they just made it and released it for free out of the blue. It wasn't some grand new direction they were going in.
>>
>>53556183
>tfw stoya
your triggering me m8
>>
This is why I hate /mu/ it's just people sitting and trying to find a reason, any reason to hate/pick on any artist, album, song, etc. for no reason other than just because. You people act like you're a tribe of music critics when you actually don't understand a damn thing. You aren't the artist, you have no idea what they're doing or why they did it. They're doing it because here's the cool thing: Because they can do whatever the hell they want. If they would have made every song or performance they way you wanted it, it wouldn't be them anymore it's you. They're the creative forces making it out there in the world and here you guys are just finding things to hate instead of just appreciating. I'm not saying critiquing is bad because it isn't but you people take it way too far.
>>
>>53556474
Spot on, friend.
>>
>>53556238
>She is still herself, she's just doing this because that's what can make great musicians sometimes. Being able to be a character.

fuck off and quit blowing smoke up her arse. she's batshit ever since carrie brownstein cheated on her and she's trying to be the new david byrne. it's not a charactor, she's just trying way to hard.
>>
her appearance at ACL scared the shit out of me the first time i saw it but now it turns me on

she looks like a prostitute, it's so hot
>>
>>53556689
It is a character so fuck you. Look at the drastic change between her on Strange Mercy and this album. She looks like she could run a cult now. It's all part of what she's doing right now. People like Bowie were always reinventing themselves, and so is she. She used to be this cute adorable rocker who killed it on guitar. Now, she's a badass who controls the whole room she's in with the personality she's created along with her insane guitar skills.
>>
>>53556689
Also, she's not trying way too hard, she's bigger than ever. You're such a god damn idiot.
>>
Man, like no,

It's like. You don't own what you like bro,
You can't feel like shit is yours.

It's up to you to buy into or to reject stuff. You can't force for shit to be like how you like it to be. You have to actively reject and search for new things to like.

It's ok to have a phase.
It's ok to like something and then to not like it,

Maybe you'll come back to it when it's more to your liking, Who gives a shit honestly.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 298x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 298x319
>>53556199
>>53556238
>>53556271
>>53556309
>>53556474
>>53556587
>>53556818
>>53556878
>>
I wish people would stop dick riding annie so hard.
I mean, i love her, but new annie makes me cringe hard. Especially her stage antics.
>>
>>53556818
did you just compare her to bowie? you're delusional.

>GUYS LOOK AT ME I'M WEIRD xDDD =\= anything David Bowie has done

>cute adorable rocker who killed it on guitar
okay now i know your a waifu faggot. like i said before fuck off you air head. you're so stupid you're buying into her "avante garde" "art rock" bullshit she's peddling.
>>
>tfw no more Actor-era Annie
>>
File: tumblr_m7n5c9ap371r9sb3bo1_1280.png (2 MB, 1506x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7n5c9ap371r9sb3bo1_1280.png
2 MB, 1506x1000
>>53556985
yeah same here, I miss Actor era Annie
>>
>>53556238
Yeah gys you just don't understand

She needs her gimmick to hide her mediocrity
>>
>>53557064
obviously it wouldn't make sense to go completely back to her old look but i miss her freckles so much
>>
>>53557059
>>53557064
Any annie pre-S/T is fine by me.
She looks like a zombie or a disney villain these days.
>>
>>53556053
completely agree I've always thought this about her since the second lp
>>
>>53557064
>those unshaven armpits
my god how cute would she look if she really let them go :O
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.