[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beyonce BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 632x702) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 632x702
Beyonce BTFO
>>
it doesn't matter how many people were involved in the conception it's about the end result & in this case beyonce's album was way better & is a good case for collaborative artistry benefiting music the most.
>>
>>53499518
I agreed with you up until you said Beyonce's album was way better.
>>
>>53499539

fuck off contrarian
>>
>>53499539
>not liking Beyoncé
>2015
>>
>>53499457
>Is asked by kanye to give his award to beyonce

Except that never happend
>>
>Unfortunately, this is the world we live in

Is it really that big of a deal?
It's just fucking music, Christ...
>>
>>53499554
>>53499588
she's a hack.
>>
>>53499457
daily reminder, the award was for the better album, not whos the more technically skilled musician
>>
>you're point
>>
>>53499518
beyonce's album was a little bit better, though both were utter trash. Though really, its the grammys so lol it doesn't even matter
>>
File: morning phase superior.png (48 KB, 747x282) Image search: [Google]
morning phase superior.png
48 KB, 747x282
>>53499518
>>53499554
>>53499588
>liking mediocre Pop/R&B
Let me know when you can do this for Bey: http://www.reddit.com/r/musictheory/comments/2vdy1n/a_revelation_whilst_listening_to_blackbird_chain/
>>
>people actually trashing on beyonces album in this thread

if you can't appreciate it as a staple of good modern pop music you're a fucking silly billy
>>
>>53499588
>2015
>taking p4k seriously
>>
>A mindless celebrity-pop album is better than a stale but still good rock album
I NEED FEMINISM BECAUSE
>>
>>53499457
not even fan of beyonce but fuck off to 9gag
>>
>>53499588
>>>/p/4k
nice dubs though
>>
>>53499640
it turns to shit after Partition, don't even kid yourself
>>
>>53499457
>X plays Y isntruments more than Z therefore X is better than Y

By this logic every metal band should be made up by only geniuses :^)
>>
maybe you fuckers should listen to what Beck actually said
>"you can't please everyone"
so get over it already, christ, so buttmad about something KANYE said
>>
>>53499640

Beyonce hasn't made a good album since B'Day.
>>
>>53499691

not kidding myself the album is fire
>>
>>53499628
huehuehue the lyrics are deep and edgy because it matches the songs tone while beys is short and sweet and the lyrics match it
>>
>>53499707

why listen to an ageing cult member when one of the great living artists is speaking?
>>
>>53499694
If you can't play any instruments or write songs, you're not a musician.
>>
>>53499694
lil flaw in your logic fucker BAHA
>>
>>53499782
which is which?
>>
>>53499731
you didn't check the link did you?
>>
Are we seriously debating a pop artists losing a pop music award to a slightly less pop artist on /mu/? Jesus Christ this place has gone to shit.
>>
>>53499784

like anyone could step up to a microphone & sing those songs like she does or step out onto a stage & perform them like she does.
>>
>>53499554

you're the one claiming the album that didn't win the grammy is the better album. who is really the contrarian here?
>>
Beck's music is genuinely awful.
>>
>>53499826
Go away, dadchanner.
>>
>>53499845
Then she's a performer, not a musician.
>>
YONCE ALL ON HIS MOUTH LIKE LIQUOR
>>
i dont think beck deserved the aoty but beyonce didn't deserve any of the awards she got

maybe if there was an award for "celebrity with the strongest ability to be a mega-superstar and not completely act like an idiot" because that's something of a rarity these days
>>
>>53499784
>Examples of a musician's possible skills include performing, conducting, singing, composing, arranging, and the orchestration of music.

Why are rockists so dumb
>>
>>53499876

the two are interchangeable terms if you're on the level she's at
>>
>>53499875
>le right generation faec

go and listen to some yung lean fagget
>>
>>53499845
that doesn't make her a musician tho
>>
>>53499909

shut up nerd
>>
>>53499921
Beautiful comeback, you really showed him
>>
>>53499902
No they aren't
>>
>>53499554
kill yourself
>>
>>53499876
>implying the grammy category was "for the best musician"

Stop being so fucking retarded please
>>
>>53499457
Beck is a musician. Beyonce is an entertainer. They shouldnt even be running against each other.
>>
>>53499982

yes they are
>>
>>53500026
IT WAS A GRAMMY FOR THE BEST FUCKING ALBUM NOT FOR THE BEST FUCKING MUSICIAN
>>
>>53499909
>>53499921
Actually, someone who creates music, be it through singing, playing an instrument, or composing, is considered a musician. Beyonce is a musician. How are the people on a music board so fucking dumb?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician
>>
File: dem-teeth.jpg (32 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
dem-teeth.jpg
32 KB, 453x500
>>53499845
you are so utterly retarded it's sad
>>
>>53500076
90% of this board if not even more is made up by edgy teens who love memes and shitposting. /mu/ is just a subreddit these days. Fucking pathetic board
>>
>>53500076
>thinks Beyoncé has a creative role

Top kek m8
>>
>>53500111
>not loving memes
>>
>>53500085

>using ableist language on an anonymous music board in 2015
>>
>>53500074
And Beyonce's album was trash. Your point?
>>
>>53500074
Doesn't make a difference. They are two totally different types of music. Its like comparing apples and oranges.
>>
>>53500076
Beyonce is no better than people who trace over drawings, then pass them off as their own.
>>
>>53500085
>Random ad hominem
>Meme reaction image
>Doesn't even explain why that anon is considered retarded in his own opinion
>What that anon said is objectively true

Nice one buddy :^)

>>53500158
My point is that the whole "she/he is/isn't a musician" argument is plain stupid since it was an award for the best ALBUM therefore the relative musicianship doesn't man shit.
>>
>>53500181

not everyone has a steady hand though
>>
>Beyonce plays zero instruments, requires 11 songwritens
>Beck plays 100 instruments, doesnt require any songs

what happen to the wolrd kanyo
>>
>>53499554
>>53499588
>these people browse my board
>>
Beyonces album was shit

>trap drums
>trap inspired vocals
>shitty jay z rap verses

Suprised it didn't win
>>
>>53500181
This is a good analogy.
>>
>>53500170
What part of BEST ALBUM you don't fucking get? Look, I don't give a fuck about who won that shit award but it honestly makes me mad that you faggots are arguing about something so fucking retarded. It was for the best album, not for the best musician or the best x genre or the best whatever. Best Album = Any album can be nominated as long it meets the requirements.
>>
>>53500181
You could say that about every popular american musician before 1960
>>
>>53499724
>using the word fire

get off my board you fukin normie
>>
>>53500193
he's implying when beyonce goes on stage to sing and dance that makes her more of a musician than some random person going up to a mic to perform. i'd say he's utterly retarded and you are too for defending him
>>
File: 1407978186874.jpg (452 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
1407978186874.jpg
452 KB, 1280x1556
>>53499457

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIMEEEEEEEE

Kanye's company "Donda" runs the art and media side of Beyonce's music releases, so it's FUCKING OBVIOUS he's shilling and bullsitting on his own behalf because he's financially involved with her.

He's a sneaky little manlet cunt and you lot are to dumb to see what's going on.
>>
>>53500181
>>53500143
Hey dumbasses, I didn't speak to the quality of her work; I just said she's a musician.

And since we want to spew hot opinions, I think Beck is the better musician but Beyonce had the better album (though neither was very good).
>>
>>53500193
>>53500242
You're right, they were arguing that Beck's album deserved to win for the wrong reasons. But his album still deserved to win, at least over Beyonce's, because the music on his album was at least a degree or two less trash than the music on hers. Maybe it is still trash, but not on the same level of generic uninspiredness.
>>
the award was for “album of the year”, not “artist who plays the most instruments” or “resume of the year”. beck has absolutely been successful in the past, no one’s denying that, but his album did not sell even CLOSE to as well as beyonce’s album sold, which is truly amazing because beyonce literally dropped the album with no notice and had zero advertising, yet it sold over 300k in three days. his album did not contain incredibly empowering messages about womanhood, feminism, sexuality and race in an industry that tends to not encourage such concepts, especially when they’re coming from a middle-aged & married black mother. i mean, his album didn’t literally change the game the way beyonce’s “i’m not gonna use any prior advertising or social media or hints before i drop this digitally” album, and honestly, it was barely talked about in comparison. look at the hits beyonce’s music videos got. look at how many times her songs were played on the radio. look at how many people have begun thinking critically about feminism and sexuality and motherhood.

for an industry that consistently uses “the numbers” as a way of denying black female artists their awards, i’d say kanye was rightfully upset that now, these same numbers were being ignored and suddenly, beyonce’s loss was about the “music”, and a white man’s irrelevant past accomplishments. besides, someone playing 14 instruments doesn’t mean they somehow have more artistry than a woman who uses 4 writers for one song (an idea that demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of how the R&B music industry even works), so really, there’s no reason why kanye west defending one of his closest friends in the music industry should be a shameful thing. like, if even beck can admit that beyonce should have won, which he did, i think yall should get your heads out of your asses.
>>
>>53499724
>the album is fire

get a load of this 12 year old

GTFO
>>
>>53500217

>hating on trap

Did you just crawl out of 9gag you contrarian fucktard? Also what the fuck are 'trap inspired vocals'.
>>
>>53499457
I was talking to someone about what happened and they were like "well the Grammy's aren't a popularity contest" and I had to stop them right therethere because they literally are a popularity contest

Becks album winning the Grammy was the equilivant of thethe autistic savant girl with dowNs winning prom queen, I mean its a nice gesture but everyone knows its total bullshit even beck himself who has been in the business long enough to know this as evidenced by his comments afterwards

Kanye was just drunk and enough of an autistic asshole himself to stand up and say something rather than keep his foot in his stupid mouth
>>
This is the problem with the grammys.

One artist is stuck making music from a past generation and another is at the forefront. One is super talented individually and can craft his thoughts by himself and another has talents (lolmoney) to organize the materialization of her creative image.

And yet both albums were shit. 2014 was a shit year for music.
>>
>>53500358
>Making this about race
Argument immediately discredited
>>
>>53500365

trap is fucking garbage you little no-nothing jizzbandit
>>
>>53500399

i bet you're white
>>
>>53500181

You're right, musicians should build their instruments from scratch.
>>
>>53500322
>dubs confirm it

No Kanye defend Beyonce because he loves her but Jay-z stole her away from him. Blood on the leaves is about Kanye and Beyonce.
>>
>>53500242
Honestly, the grammys are stupid. Best album shouldn't even be an award because of different genres.

I just think beck and beyonce shouldn't be in the same category. Thats all. Just sharing my lame ass opinion like everyone else on the board. CALM DOWN
>>
>>53500365
ummmm
>>
>>53500399
>implying everything Kanye said wasn't about race
>>
>>53500411
I bet you're an insufferable SJW
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.