[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Rap-Music-Evolution.png (264 KB, 468x410) Image search: [Google]
Rap-Music-Evolution.png
264 KB, 468x410
Hey /mu/,
Do you like rap? And what kind of rap do you like? Are you still old school or do you prefer Lil Wayne?

I myself like angry rap. So I listen Eminem, but also to Dutch rappers Steen & Spinal who basically just hate everything and rap lyrics like:
>Ik haat vrouwen omdat ik altijd shit voor ze moet sjouwe, het zal ze berouwe ik zal het onthouwe, dikke wijven die zich vol lopen te stouwe en nauwlijks kauwen ik zou een pen in je strot moeten douwen.

Which translates to: I hate women, because I always have to carry their shit. I hate fat women who barely chew their food, I think i need to stab them with a pencil in their neck.

They even spout some hate against each other in their song Haat (hate) and Steen disses rappers Kubus and Bang Bang in his song Kwibus & Tum Tum with lyrics like:
> Je bent een Bitch ja een snitch mate duidelijk rat. Een vaderland verader een Duitser ofwat. (heil)

Translation: Your a bitch, your a snitch, you are an obvious rat. Your a traitor to your motherland, are you german or what? (Heil)

So yeah lets talk rappers, favorite song lyrics, ect
>>
You're clearly new here. It's adorable how naive you are; actually putting effort into your post and expecting people to positively contribute to the thread.
>>
If you like Steen, go listen to Tyler, the Creator
He has the same style
>>
File: 1423318852723.jpg (701 KB, 1299x1953) Image search: [Google]
1423318852723.jpg
701 KB, 1299x1953
>>53413304
nah, worst hip hop sub
>>
El-P is the best Hip Hop artist alive, prove me wrong.
>>
>>53413342
Tupac
>>
mu does shit like >>53413340 thatll tell you enough
>>
>>53413342
he isn't the best rapper or producer but he's probably the best rapper/prodcuer
>>
>>53413373
>he isn't the best rapper
I can accept that, one of the best lyricists but his delivery is eh and his flow is good but repetitive

>he isn't the best producer

who has a similar style to him? in all seriousness I want to find music like his but I haven't found anyone aside from BBoys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2.
>>
File: pimpc.jpg (133 KB, 586x730) Image search: [Google]
pimpc.jpg
133 KB, 586x730
>>53413373
best one alive, at least.

best rapper/producer of all time is and always will be Pimp C.
>>
>>53413304
Guys, I don't really know that much about rap, which style would you say these artists have:

> Army of the Phataohs (Jedi Mind Tricks as well)

>Snowgoons

>Immortal Techique

>Tech N9ne
>>
>>53413340
what an awful chart
>>
>>53413451
army of the pharaohs is salisbury
snowgoons are more neoclassical
immortal technique is tier 2
tech n9ne is what's referred to as "luminescent"
>>
>>53413451
early 2000s backpack rap.

i'd recommend more stuff but i legitimately hate this style (with the exception of Tech N9ne, who i don't love but whose work ethic i respect).
>>
>>53413431
he probably is the best at his sound, i dont really know of anybody else who sounds too similar

he was my favourite producer for a while but now hot sugar is in my top spot
>>
>>53413466
2patrish4u
>>
I like rap, I just don't really care for the fanbase of it.
I'm mostly into Chopped & Screwed, turntablism, noise rap and Memphis Rap
>>
>>53413573
i'll never understand dissing fanbases this large "the fanbase of rap" spans so many different kinds of people
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.