[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 5 of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 2014.jpg (13 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
2014.jpg
13 KB, 550x309
What is your top 5 of 2015 so far?

1) Pinkshinyultrablast - Everything Else Matters
2) Twerps - Range Anxiety
3) Viet Cong - Viet Cong
4) Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt 2, EP
5) Zs - Xe
>>
I've probably only listened to around 25 releases so far this year but I really enjoyed all of these
>>
>>53357272
Sauna and Club Med, definitely in my top 10
>>
>>53357490
I've been meaning to check out those Twerps and Zs albums, I'll probably have time this weekend. Anyway, how does the Twerps album compare to their last one?
>>
1) Sleater-Kinney – No Cities to Love
2) The Decemberists – What a Terrible World, What a Wonderful World
3) Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear
4) Joey Bada$$ - B4.DA.$$
5) The Dodos – Individ
>>
>>53357513
I enjoyed their latest album a lot better than their previous, this album hopefully will make them much bigger on the worlds stage as well.
>>
>>53357225
>Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt 2, EP
What I liked so much about Syro was its emphasis on progression and moving forward. Compared to the RDJ Album or SAW's, with their relatively loopy behavior in the melodies, it was a Minimalist masterwork. Every phrase was rendered transfigured from the previous, either by amplification or removal of one element in favor or in light of another. It didn't just feel like a masterclass in hardware: it felt like a masterclass in composition. Likewise with Music for Robots: the songs were all logical developments which showed not just the technical potential for programmed machines, but also the lyrical. Both Syro and MFR were fleshed out works.

It's hard to feel that way about the various Diskhat tracks on here, with their looping drums and only occasional chiming of percussion. We hear deviations that ask "But what can we do with this?" but not so much "Let's follow through with this." I suppose it can best be said as: what could have been a Well-Tempered Clavier is instead a Notebook for Magdalena Bach. A notebook of ideas from a master of his art; but weakened by a sort of halfheartedness at fully completing his ideas.
>>
>>53357515
Nice, how do you like the latest Joey?
>>
probably jefre cantu-ledesma or viet cong

got the new victor villareal album today, really enjoying it, one my new favorites
>>
>>53357773
I haven't really been a hip hop fan until recently, so this was the first of Joey's work that I've heard, but I really enjoyed that he sourced his influences from 90's hip hop while still keeping his tracks quite 'new age'. It's the kind of album I would recommend to people trying to get into hip hop because this album, and a few others, did it for me. At the same time, I think a lot of people that have been fans of the genre for a while would enjoy it too. It's pretty well rounded. Will definitely listen to some of his older stuff now!
>>
>>53358190
new fan of hip hop always good. overall 2014 wasn't great but in hiphop it was great! Check out clippin, schoolboy Q, Freddie Gibbs, rtj, action Bronson and young fathers if you haven't.
>>
>>53358506
I enjoyed Mick Jenkins and Run The Jewels last year. I actually saw Joey live when I went to see Run The Jewels early this year before I had heard his stuff before. Thanks man, I'll check them out.
>>
>>53357515
>Sleater-Kinney
Absolutely disgusting, their worst album yet, nothing but a colossal disappointment to anyone that actually bothered to listen to their back catalog.
>>
Zun Zun Egui - Shackles' Gift
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love
Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass
Noveller - Fantastic Planet
Viet Cong - Viet Cong
>>
File: Shackles' Gift.jpg (2 MB, 1169x1169) Image search: [Google]
Shackles' Gift.jpg
2 MB, 1169x1169
1. Zun Zun Egui - Shackles' Gift
2. Bjork - Vulnicura
3. Ghost Culture - Ghost Culture
4. Dan Mangan + Blacksmith - Club Meds
5. Viet Cong - Viet Cong
>>
>>53358868
>>53358880
Well, this is awkward
>>
>>53357272
what is the one on the far right?
>>
>>53358907
The Soft Moon - Big Boys
>>
that new Lambkin & Pisaro collaboration was pretty neat-o.

I haven't listened to anything else this year
>>
>>53357272
how was the new Honeybear compared to fear fun?
>>
Purity Ring
Purity Ring
Purity Ring
Purity Ring
Purity Ring
>>
>>53357272
Whats the last album bro?
Love Viet Cong
>>
>>53359029
Actually good
>>
>>53359056
please see >>53358942
>>
>>53359029
Way, way better.
>>
>>53358837
I would say that many people would disagree with you, including people that have listened to their previous albums.
>>
File: 1396189720164.png (164 KB, 705x419) Image search: [Google]
1396189720164.png
164 KB, 705x419
It's like no one's listened to the new Purity Ring or something...

https://mega.co.nz/#!3ZZlgSgL!ckv9gNJx8v-2IGMDgsG4Utys6QXRuTXYROqHk_WY8vc

I'll just leave this where no one will find it
>>
all I've listened to from 2015 is Shackles' Gift, A world with 13 moons, and coin coin chapter 3, which I was kinda dissapointed in.
>>
>>53359221
Go to bed Jenny Eliscu
>>
1. Mount Eerie - Sauna
2. Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
3. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
4. Viet Cong - Viet Cong
5. Bjork - Vulnicura
>>
>>53359236
thank you anon :)
>>
PBVSGR is fucking trash hahaha
>>
>>53359295
It's 1:38pm though.
>>
>>53359335
i assume this was directed at me >>53359301 since i'm the only person who mentioned it ITT.

I'm all about sounds, and no other album this year so had more appealing sounds than PBMTGR... other than Sauna.

And yes, i've heard the new Jefre Cantu-Ledesma.
>>
>>53359236
You're doing god's work
>>
>>53359100
sorry, didn't see it, thanks
>>
1. Mount Eerie - Sauna
2. Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love
3. Ghost Culture - Ghost Culture
4. Panda Bear - Panda Beara Meets the Grim Reaper
5. Viet Cong - Viet Cong

I've only listened to 7 albums so far though
>>
>>53359236
does it hold up to their debut pretty well? I haven't enjoyed the singles as much as I hoped I would
>>
>>53359766
Yeah mostly. I mean it took a year for Shrines to click for me, but Flood On the Floor and Sea Castle stand out as two excellent tracks.
>>
>>53359766
Something about it sounds cleaner to me, it's not worse, just a bit different? I'm enjoying it so far
>>
1.Thou and The Body-You, Whom I Have Always Hated
2.Bjork-Vulnicura
3.Aphex Twin-Computer Controlled Instruments Part 2
4.Open Mike Eagle-A Special Episode of
5.Panda Bear-Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper

Excellent year for EPs so far.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.