[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IIRC, the sensation of being tickled is caused by the brain's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Folder.jpg (57 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
57 KB, 200x200
IIRC, the sensation of being tickled is caused by the brain's inability to predict the movements of the tickler.

With this in mind, when was the last time music tickled your ears and mind? I'm talking about the times that catch you off guard and give you a massive smile.

I just had one; it was caused by Tim Hecker's Radio Spiricom. Holy shit though; it's one of the best feelings that music can cause IMO.

Pic related.
>>
When "Funky Dung" comes in on Floyd's "Atom Heart Mother Suite." The tone of the guitar, the bass, the keys... fuck.
>>
i listen to improvisational noise rock all the time so i have become immune to sound tickles

i am less human than before
>>
OP here. Forgot to mention that on its own, Radio Spiricom is great. I'd say listening to the album in sequential order was what made it so tickling for me.
>>
>>53317744
you must listen to really shitty improvisational noise rock if none of it gives you brain tickles.
>>
I only just discovered the Mars Volta for whatever reason. L'Via, and Cassandra Gemini put me in that mood pretty good.

Also I've been listening to Bitches Brew a lot recently. That's definitely got its moments of surprise as well.
>>
>>53317907
i've heard all the classic masterpieces of improvisational noise rock end to end

this created scar tissue build up which is impervious to touch
>>
>backpambient
>>
>>53317980
Not him but what does that term mean? Presumably it's an insult.
>>
>>
>>53318036
backpacker is a term in hip hop used to describe people that only listen to pretentious as shit music that tries very hard to be different or artsy. this is being combined with ambient in this case.

which I don't understand at all. Hecker is the shit
>>
I waited until I had my vinyl copy to listen to this, and jesus christ the first time I heard Reach for The Dead. And then my ears got tickled again at the end of the album with Come to Dust.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.