[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return of Gorillaz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1422798834012.png (669 KB, 599x604) Image search: [Google]
1422798834012.png
669 KB, 599x604
how hype are you guys

Confirmed return:
http://pitchfork.com/news/58282-gorillaz-creator-jamie-hewlett-confirms-groups-return-on-instagram/

Jamie's Instagram (waiting for more new pics):
http://instagram.com/hewll/
>>
fuck off yam psyche
>>
>>53304044
We knew this like 4 months ago fuck off.
>>
File: 1422898819545.jpg (181 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1422898819545.jpg
181 KB, 640x640
b-but new art work guys
>>
>>53304044
what are the chances they can't replicate the original magic, and come off sounding like over-produced Arcade Fire wannabes?

My guess is 7.5/10
>>
>>53304621
fuck off they had enough unreleased shit back in 2012 to make a new album but they didnt because they stopped being gay for each other for like two seconds
>>
>>53304706
>unreleased material
>making an album out of it

how pleb are you?
>>
>cartoon bands
Fucking kek. Grow up.
>>
Not hyped at all
>>
>>53304044
Hopeful that it follows demon days kinda sound.
Maybe something a little more choir-ish even.
I really like the last two songs on demon days.
>>
after albarn's super-underrated self-titled i'm really interested to see what he's going to do next. and just as importantly, who he's gonna get to collaborate
>>
>>53305025
>saying 'kek'
>telling others to grow up
>>
Slightly hyped. Loved Gorillaz up until after Demon Days. Plastic Beach shit, The Fall ok-ish.

I hope whatever they release returns back to that pre-PB sound
>>
>>53304233
is he still a big guy?
>>
Gorillaz suck
>>
>>53306262
this

Damon always pulls some of the best features out for Gorillaz albums. In between Demon Days & Plastic Beach alone you have DOOM, Snoop Dogg, Pharcyde, Ike Turner, De La Soul, Bobby Womack, Mos Def, HBO, & Little Dragon... Hopefully he returns to a more Demon Days sound with more hip-hop features,
>>
Unpopular Opinion that Plastic Beach is their best album by far. Seriously don't get how somebody could think different.
>>
>>53307844
nice shitpost
>>
>>53307819
For you, maybe
>>
>>53307879
not shitposting. I tried Plastic Beach and it was shite
>>
>>53308029
Yeah well I listened to Metal Music Machine and it was shite, doesn't mean Lou Reed sucks
>>
>>53308104
No, but Gorillaz do suck though.
>>
>>53307873
It's tied with Demon Days for me.

>>53306413
I don't really want Gorillaz to go backwards, one of the things I like is that every era sounds and looks unique from each other.
>>
>>53308132
I respectfully disagree with your opinion, in a non-confrontational way.
>>
>>53307873
definitely agree. it's the only one that doesn't seem to have any filler (though 'glitter freeze' is a bit tough to get through)
>>
Isn't Gorillaz just Damon Albarn and his keyboards?

Why would you be any more hyped than you would be for his solo album you all shit on?
>>
>>53308132
I think your opinion sucks and I'm confronting you to tell you what a dick sucking retard you are.
>>
>>53308762
Gorillaz is more of a collective with Albarn as the only musical constant. They bring in tons of guest performers and generally have a broader scope than what Albarn tries to do on his own.
>>
>>53308762
nah it's typically a pretty wide range of collaborators, with a much larger scope than his solo material

also his solo album is underrated as hell. probably one of my favorite releases of last year
>>
>>53308688
dude what? glitter freeze is one of the best tracks on the album
>>
>>53309293
i'm coming around to it. probably have it cranked up too loud but it always gives me a headache
>>
File: MHMJf1E.png (740 KB, 1024x1164) Image search: [Google]
MHMJf1E.png
740 KB, 1024x1164
I've been listening to Gorillaz since I was a kid, they're one of my favorite bands and my hype train has left orbit. Jamie and Damon have said that a new album is in the works, but they never mentioned it together and now artwork is being released. Looking at Noodle and Russel you can tell they are going with a aviation or war theme this time. Pirates to pilots
>>
>>53309966
you didn't happen to download a shitty bit rate did you?
>>
>>53304044
so does the fact that new art is coming out mean that new tunes aren't far behind? or could it still be a while?
>>
>>53307873
I agree
I don't have an argument to back it up, I just like it the most.
>>
>>53304044
How many times have they "returned"? It seems like you Gorillaz fans get hyped up pretty frequently (and easily).
>>
>>53304044
>gorillaz
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.