[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's some really REALLY fucking noisy pop music like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
What's some really REALLY fucking noisy pop music like this?
>>
>>53278534
Mercury Rev
Stereolab
Slowdive in early days
most shoegaze
cocteau twins
>>
>>53278557
these are all pretty damn obvious
>>
noise pop is not noise or pop
>>
>>53278577
No, but it's noise pop.
>>
>>53278568
and?

He asked what is some other music thats noisy and poppy

Just do your own research, /mu/ wont be as much help as you want it to be
>>
more like snooze pop

also Wavvves though it's very different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt6imgDYoTg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edHlt54gooU
>>
>>53278534
ASTROBRITE

really, pinkyshinyultrablast is aotyay
>>
>Loveless
>pop
you are really stupid
>>
>>53278717
mah nigga
>>
>>53278749
the entire album is filled with pop melodies what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>53278749
> muh shoegaze

You know the verse/Chorus/verse, the catchy lines etc etc
>>
>>53278783

not gonna argue that loveless isn't poppy but

>catchy lines

come on man
>>
>noisy pop
>Jesus and Mary Chain not mentioned yet in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2nJWNgZBA
>>
>>53278534

I've heard people call Black Moth Super Rainbow noisy. I guess I can see it, but it just seems like a lack of understand as to what a synthesizer can do.

Regardless, there's definitely a lot of thickness in a lot of BMSR songs, whether it be the vocoder or something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r_L3VG69Jg

There's a really thick, soundscape filling, noisy synth in this one, for example.

Additionally, try some early AnCo for some truly noisy pop.
>>
>>53278835
But they are mane,it'not like they're playing some kayo dot-tier avantgarde. That's not even a minus for me,just a statement
>>
>>53278844
Oh well i guess you're right
>>
>>53278905
>kayo dot
>avant-garde
xd
>>
>>53278749
Loveless is a bunch of top 40 pop drowned out by dreamy vocals and loud guitars. (great album tho)
>>
>>53278944
How they're not?
>>
>>53278990
Nothing they have done is even close to new?

Do you even know what avant-garde entails, you pretentious fuck?
>>
>>53279018
why so upset?There's no need to insult
>>
>>53279066
Oh, so you don't.

Ignorant fuck.
>>
>>53278534
Flying Saucer Attack
Fennesz (mainly the album Endless Summer)
>>
IT IS POP, deal with it. If you really like it you shouldn´t matter what it is. Nothing wrong with doing good enjoyable music that naturally appeals to people, there is still art in the process. Caring for what genre is/how it is seen by peolpe (if its "cool" to like it or not) is the first sign of a poser.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MWa2cRWl-g
>>
>>53279588
>pop
>good
>enjoyment
>good
>pop
>art
>>
>>53279588
I have no problem listening to pop music but calling Loveless a pop album is just plain retarded.
>>
>>53280059
It is popular music
>>
>>53280036
>2015
>Enjoying music.
>>
>>53280059
Not like pop pop bubblegum pop, but in the broader sense (where a lot of rock and punk and most of all the classics would be as well) it is pop.
>>
>>53280059
It's noise pop you fucktard, if you really can't tell the difference between noise pop (MBV, Mercury Rev) and noise rock (The Jesus Lizard, Unsane), you might just be retarded.
>>
>>53278717
This guy gets it. Also recommending Whitenoise Superstar to those wanting an album more straightforward and blunt in its juxtaposition of pop hooks and harsh noise, since Pinkshinyultrablast does deviate (quite well) into lo-fi dance pop, slow songs, and even a cappella at points.
>>
>>53278990
This is avant-garde.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHs0LkixGvY

Kayo Dot is fucking rock music.
>>
>>53280259
Its shoegaze
>>
>>53280349
>memeyokei
>avant-garde
>>
>>53280404
Shoegaze is an umbrella term for particular kinds of noise pop and dream pop, i.e. it's all pop music.
>>
>>53280404
show-eh-gay-zee
>>
File: cover.jpg (879 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
879 KB, 1417x1417
is this noise or dream pop?
>>
>>53278534
>>53278783
It's silly to even think about lumping it into pop, but i get what you mean.

imo, a single good riff or an idea stretched out into a whole song is miles ahead a single good idea that lasts for 15 seconds/5 minutes in a tune/album respectively.

that's why jazz and zappa are shite. maybe jazz gets a pass when the drummer's good but that's it.

Burzum
>>
>>53280404
ITS SHUGAZI
>>
>>53280460
>2015
>still using memegenre
>>
File: cover.jpg (457 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
457 KB, 700x700
>>53278534
pic related and zaireeka from the flaming lips
>>
>>53280546
>imo, a single good riff or an idea stretched out into a whole song is miles ahead a single good idea that lasts for 15 seconds/5 minutes in a tune/album respectively.
lmao

Poptimists are adorable.
>that's why jazz and zappa are shite.
At least you're right about one thing.
>>
>>53280540
indie
>>
>>53280604
Just wanted to say thanks for helping me out, friend. I'm not joking when I tell you that you've changed my life for the better, made me value my education more, awakened a new passion for music in me, and lead to me becoming a better person. At first I hated your guts, but in the end you've helped a person far more than you can know. Thank you so much. It's strange that somebody pissing on popular music and praising mathematics and art music helped me as much as it did, but you've really saved me in a way. I'm not joking- you have helped me grow as a person. Thank you so much.
>>
>>53280625
indie is not a genre
>>
>>53278640
wavves is shit man, what the fuck
>>
File: calc.gif (16 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
calc.gif
16 KB, 750x500
>>53280696
tough love
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.