[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duster - Stratosphere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
I can't stop listening to this album, /mu/

I just fucking love the odd, sad feeling the guitar playings giving me, kinda reminds me of old Modest Mouse or maybe more obviously, GBV
ALSO that moment when they finally come in hard during Echo, Bravo, goddamn

Can anyone recommend some similar feeling albums?
>>
I've always considered them to be kinda similar to Pinback, but Pinback has a less lofi sound

Check out their s/t or Offcell
>>
>>53238044
Exactly the reason why I love it too, I've had it on a lot for the past few weeks. It's like a depressing summer afternoon.
>>
File: Bedhead - WhatFunLifeWas.jpg (27 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
Bedhead - WhatFunLifeWas.jpg
27 KB, 500x496
>>53238044
Please listen to this OP.

It's Duster with more loud/soft dynamic changes. Really really great album /mu/ rarely talks about. Great band in general.
>>
>>53238122
Thanks, I appreciate the rec!

I'm checking out their first album right now, and I've been really enjoying it so far.
>>
>>53238243
Thanks man, sounds good, I'll definitely have to give them a listen next
>>
>>53238568
If the thread is still up when you get to that album lemme know what you think of it
>>
>>53238568
For sure, I was just reading up on the band, I'm pretty excited to listen to it actually, lol
>>
>>53238243
Wow your the first other person I've seen that knows bedhead since I saw it recommended on some yahoo questions music thread, good taste
>>
>>53238970
If you like Duster you really should dig it
>>53239090
Yahoo questions gives some pretty legit suggestions sometimes tbh
Like five or six years ago I googled 'bands like Radiohead' or some shit and a Yahoo thread was just some guy ranting about how instead of listening to Radiohead the OP should listen to the people Radiohead namedrop/were influenced by and keep going like that
Good advice
>>
>>53238243
Okay, listening to this now, and really really fucking digging it. Definitely going to download and listen to more from the band, thanks a lot for the suggestion!
>>
I found out about Duster from /mu/ recently and listened to their whole discog that day, bought Stratosphere and Contrmporary Movement the next day. Fuck are they great. I better check out Bedhead.
>>
>>53239413
Do it.
>>
Coincidentally I'm obsessed with this album too, OP. Even today I was listening to this album but I got more than 1000 plays in lastfm and later I wanted to go beyond in this kind of music, I wanted something new, then I started listening to Helvetia. I understand you, OP.
>>
>>53239829
Helvetia is the current band of one of Duster members, right?
>>
>>53239878
Exactly. This is why I think everyone in this thread should listen to Helvetia. The band have the same "feel" and "essence" of Duster even if the tracks are more melodic and happy.
>>
>>53238044
Check out everything eelse they've got. They had a bunch of small obscure EP type releases (off the top of my head, Christmas Dust and On The Dodge), two 7" singles, there are some live performances floating around (see On The Air), and there's also Rarities, which is an online bootleg of unreleased material. There's also the stuff they made as Valium Aggelein, which is also great. If you can get an account on whatcd there are some pretty good quality rare things you can get from them on there.
Some people like Contemporary Movement better but Stratosphere is definitely my favorite by far. 1975 is worth listening to, too.
Been listening to Transmission, Flux recent and I'm surprised how much this is like a full on release despite being just a 7" single.
>>53239338
You're that guy that liked those bands I listed, I meant to thank you before the thread 404'd.
I've listened to one Bedhead album before but I still need to do check them out some more sometime.
>>
>>53238044
check out Kyuss
>>
>>53240107
They also have a killer song on this compilation, which also has exclusive songs by Modest Mouse (song was only released on a single just last year), Dinogah, Grandaddy, David Pajo as Arial M, Songs: Ohia, Windsor For The Derby, plus a bunch of others.
>>53239878
Yep, they rock but I still think Duster is the better of the two.
>>
File: apparently a thing.png (228 KB, 902x449) Image search: [Google]
apparently a thing.png
228 KB, 902x449
>>53239829
>>53239878
>>53239922
>>53240253
>>
>>53240369
damn son
>>
Gold Dust is literally perfect
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.