[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never find that one song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15
File: 1421508522165.jpg (20 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1421508522165.jpg
20 KB, 530x444
>you will never find that one song
>>
You mean that one song we heard a long time ago but can't seem to find back at all?cause I have one.
>>
File: 1422006409630.png (30 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1422006409630.png
30 KB, 493x402
>>53184120
man fuck you
>>
I just skimmed through Oasis' entire discography on Spotify looking for that one Oasis song I heard on the radio as an 8 year old and I CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT. Now I'm starting to question whether it was actually an Oasis song or not.
>>
>>53186629
Probably Travis.
>>
I listened to a song in a music festival ad. I've made like 15 thread searching for that song and still I can't find it
>>
man i have been trying for the longest time to find out the song that plays in good will hunting when skylar leaves for california. if anyone knows please tell me
>>
It was a shoegaze song and the chorus had a guitar riff divided into two parts, one was played normally, the other with a tremolo effect. Sounded a bit like mbv. I have no idea what band it is.
>>
>>53186845
Did you read the credits?
>>
>>53186922
what?
>>
>>53186806
What was the music festival?
>>
>>53186629
>tfw
holy fuck this thread is like the death of me
>>
>>53187132
kek im guessing he meant to reply to >>53186811
>>
Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQoA_wjmE9w
>>
dubplate culture has left me with so many tunes I'll never hear again
>>
>>53187449
http://youtu.be/hCCnEKUY98s
A shittier version of Lollapalooza.
>>
File: 1419436956460.gif (859 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1419436956460.gif
859 KB, 200x200
>mfw I just found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ia1mI1wuPM
>>
>>53187844
fucking awesome
>>
My "that song" is a shitty french rap song made by a bunch of wiggers
It's fucking irritating that I can't remember what it's called and can't find it anywhere but I think I can live with it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwW0q65VIas

Happened to me with this song...

One night I got drunk and spent hours on google.. I think I finally found it searching for something about 'blue shirt time lapse'...

Whatever it was, it took forever.
>>
>you will never
Come on guys, let's be more positive.
>>
https://mucoversitaots.bandcamp.com/

>I will never find the bandcamp of the person who did two headed boy pt 2
>>
>>53186811
angeles by elliott smith?
>>
>>53186629
fucking in the bushes?
>>
>>53188020
holy fuk thank u.
>>
>>53188051
np
>>
>>53184120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY0dsLPntBM

Everyone finds that one song with this album.
>>
>heard a melody in a dream
>can still vividly hear it
>involves what sounds like wood tube percussion
>very foggy and sleepy
>gives me intense feels
>cant figure out if its actually from a song
>>
>>53184120
meh, i already found all of these songs and now i'm empty :((

namely this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfxI3r_LyA
>>
I probably wouldn't even like the song now, but mine is one I only heard when I went to Canada in 2012. I heard it 3 times on the radio in various places but I've never heard it since.

Only part I remember was something like "woke up on the wrong side of the bed today", but none of the results from Googling it are correct.
>>
File: exuma.jpg (10 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
exuma.jpg
10 KB, 225x224
>>53188257
Reminds me of Exuma - s/t

check it out dude.
>>
File: slow clap citizen kane.gif (787 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
slow clap citizen kane.gif
787 KB, 480x360
>>53187844
congrats govnah
>>
>heard a beady eye song live
>went thru the entire album of beady eye and didnt find it
it was them playing with the singer covered with the UK flag or something like that
pls help
>>
>>53188285
not it but still an incredible album
sounded more like mum or amiina
>>
I've got a pretty funny story related to this.

>several years ago
>was trying to find the name of a Björk song for literally years
>give up, forget about it
>one day see her at a bakery that I frequent in the morning (I live in Iceland)
>holyshititsher.bat
>eventually work up the courage to ask her
>act like an idiot, humming tune to Björk
>"You mean 'Hyper-Ballad'?"
>HOLY FUCK THANK YOU

And that's how I met Björk and found that one song
>>
Actually, the song is from a series of terrible MSPaint videos made by some weird furry, the lyrics were something like

Hey mother fucker, look who's back
I got that nasty shit all you whores like
I'm gonna bust a big nasty nut in your fat butt
Bust a big nasty nut in your fat butt

None of the lyrics turn up anything on google.
>>
this is the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKVSAq0vt8
>>
File: oie_transparent (1).png (853 KB, 1000x847) Image search: [Google]
oie_transparent (1).png
853 KB, 1000x847
>>53187844
good for you
>>
Incredibly depressing classic hip-hop song made up mostly of a dissonant string instrumental, sounds almost Asian in the way it plays.
>>
>>53189234
i guess thats the right person to ask, but seriously thats an easy one
>>
>see a local band play
>a couple songs they play sound god tier, so excited to go home and listen to the studio versions
>they suck compared to the live rendition
damn..
>>
>>53189397
That's why it bugged me so much, it should've been easy. I wasn't a huge Björk fan, though, otherwise I would've remembered the name pretty easily.
>>
SHAZAM
H
A
Z
A
M
>>
>>53189466
>>53189234
what was she like irl? describe
>>
>>53189638
She seemed like a really cool person, not afraid to laugh, generally the type of person you'd like to talk to. Even after he answered my question she still kept up the conversation, asked questions, and generally acted more like a person than a celebrity.
Also she eats scones, and has good taste in bakeries.
>>
>>53189715
Typo, *he. I need to get an English keyboard...
>>
I saw a link to a music video posted on here and I could never find it.

Kid was wearing a mask and doing some screamo shit atop some electronica music. Usually hate that kind of stuff, actually found this one sort of entertaining. If anyone is able to tell me what I am talking about, I would much appreciate it.
>>
>>53189740
>>53189715
Typo again, *she
>>
>>53188098
I know the man who recorded and mixed this album. He's a top guy. Big Star are great.
>>
>>53189753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7EDhrvt0M
>>
>>53189234
How long did it take you to find her? I thought there were only like 15 people in Iceland? And you, Bjork and the people who've been in Sigur Ros make up half of that, as well as the person who runs the bakery (unless it's Jonsi's bakery).
>>
>>53184139
>>53184120
iktf boys
>>
It was probably some lame mid 2000s alt rock song

that one game on the other hand...
>>
>>53189934
I wasn't really searching, I just happened to see her. She lives in a different city than me so it's not very likely that I'd see her often, but Iceland is pretty damn small. I've seen our prime minister out and about a few times.
>>
File: tumblr_mh7s68lg8G1r2jkovo1_500.gif (992 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh7s68lg8G1r2jkovo1_500.gif
992 KB, 500x500
theres this song by some French girl I think, someone recommended it in a thread on here, its really smooth and it was a youtube video that was like an hour long so it might've been the album and it was French and the cover was greenish and I think there was a crocodile on it.

pls help i want it so bad
>>
>>53189986
oh shit guys I just looked through my old bookmarks and I found it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgvSDLe0P_8

I don't think its actually even French
>>
does anyone know what song begins around 1:35 in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM51D_XhT0Y#t=95
>>
>>53189981
Heh, I have an Icelandic friend who came to Manchester to study. Initially he was blown away by how busy it was. Manchester has a population 200,000 higher than Iceland and almost 1/1000th the size.
>>
It was some Japanese punk, fast paced, with an odd music video. I think one of the members was riding a bike through it and there was a baby doll with a grown man's head on it.
Please, help me find her
>>
I am trying to find an video of an recently made japanese instrument, it comes with an speaker, and if I remember its sort of an cilinder that you rotate
>>
>>53186629
Wonderwall?
>>
>>53190148
It is pretty crazy, I first went outside Iceland when I was 10 into Copenhagen, and it was like a movie or something. Scared the fuck out of me, also a lot of Danes. Trust a Dane, feel the pain.
>>
I'm looking for a song that feels like wandering Japan at night...what are some good Japanese artists besides Ryo or songs that fit this atmosphere?
>>
File: Rana.png (16 KB, 485x614) Image search: [Google]
Rana.png
16 KB, 485x614
>>53188257
Recently, in almost every one of my dreams I'm listening to an album. It's always an album I've heard of but the music in my dreams is nothing like the music on the album. But the music in my dreams is always great, and I forget it whenever I wake up.
>>
For me, it's Yellow Calx by Aphex Twin

Something about that fucking synth
>>
There's a modest mouse song I downloaded back in the glory days or Napster that I'll never find again. Can't remember what it was called and I'm sure as fuck not listening to all their shitty albums to find it.
>>
File: c453.png (853 KB, 673x660) Image search: [Google]
c453.png
853 KB, 673x660
I can't even remember the melody of it any more.

If I hear it next I will have Shazam, but I don't know if I will again.
>>
>>53190844
If you know where to find it and can't be bothered you can just fuck off, honestly.
>>
File: PatrickBaitman.jpg (25 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
PatrickBaitman.jpg
25 KB, 308x308
>>53190844
>Modest Mouse
>shitty albums
>>
>>53190844
this is a really good bait post

well played man
>>
>>53190124
pls help me
>>
for me it was Karma police, heard it as a kid and only found it after I started listening to Radiohead
I didn't know any of the lyrics because I was a foreign kid
>>
>>53190716
That breaking noise at the start just fucks me up
>>
>>53187921
could it be this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0P0Y2IFv6U
>>
>>53190946
Not even bait.

I skimmed over most of their discography and didn't recognise it. I'm not listening to that shit in full.
>>
Greek song
Sounded like a typical rock/pop song
Sung by a male with a rather clear voice
Chorus had a sentence about smoking cigarettes, it might even be a lot of cigs.

I worked at a Greek restaurant and the song played every night a few times and it was the only song in the mix I really liked.
Too bad there was no info since it was on a blankish cdr with no info and the boss didn't know who it was either. He translateds a bit but the part about smoking is all I remember.
Since it was a restaurant and popular greek music it's most likely on the plebby side according to greek /mu/tants.
>>
>>53189871
this was not it.

kid had like a ski mask on.
>>
There was that one funk song I had heard at a friend's older brother's party when I was a kid. I really liked it, but I was much younger than the other kids there so I didn't dare ask for the name. I didn't want to forget it either so I just took down dots and lines that very approximatively represented the melody on a piece of paper. (Needless to say, that was completely useless.)

I thought, this song must be well known, I will hear it again soon enough. I didn't. After a few years I tried to hum it to friends, which was kinda embarrassing and no one recognized it. Then I got access to the internet and searched for funk artists, downloaded some MP3s at random (keep in mind that was a while ago), but somehow missed the one song I had heard. I even had one friend on ICQ who was into funk, and he kept sending me MP3s, but not the one I was looking for.

Heard the song again by pure chance eleven years later. The ridiculous thing is that it was just goddamn "Let's Groove" by Earth, Wind & Fire. No idea how I spent eleven years without ever hearing it, even when I searched for it.
>>
I'm a massive pleb when it comes to classical — there are compositions I have heard dozens and dozens of times everywhere, in movies, on TV, I feel like every single person in the world knows what they are but I don't even know who composed them. And I'm too embarrassed to ask other people. I should try and get a "100 best-known classical pieces" list sometime.

>>53189234
Really? Nice one.
>>
>>53187963
holy fucking shit i forgot about this, i'm the guy who had to put together holland 1945 and communist daughter, it was a PAIN
>>
There's one song that I have stuck in my head that I've listened to a few years ago, all I can remember is the end bit, it had a person going "ah ah ah ah aaaaaaaah" it had maybe tambourine's, the "ah" bit had a good bit of reverb on it and that's all I remember. Vague as fuck but I might as well try looking for it.
>>
>>53189963
what was the game about?
>>
>>53187796
Pls someone tell me the name of the song.
>>
>>53193197
not the guy youre replying to but I have one of my own

played it on some old gaming machine at my grandparents when I was little, possibly an atari

its a side scroller where youre a little ninja and you throw shurikens (or possibly the ninjas are the enemies throwing shurikens at you, can't remember)
>>
File: 1412031207496.jpg (15 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1412031207496.jpg
15 KB, 325x325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psaxQoAaXas
>found mine
>>
File: so_good.png (75 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
so_good.png
75 KB, 659x609
>>53184120
>when you find that specific live version deep in a obscured and forgotten website
>FLAC
>>
>>53187796
This song sucks man
>>
>>53196344
I know but its my guilty pleasure.
>>
File: 1411778275831.jpg (64 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1411778275831.jpg
64 KB, 500x375
It warms my heart that you guys know exactly how i feel, but at the same time, it also saddens me for i know how you feel. That being said, if there is anyone who can help me find this song, i would deeply appreciate it.
For starters, i am about 50% sure that it was a song from the band sparklehorse. If not sparklehorse, then a band with similar sound.
It was folk rock/indie rock/lo-fi or whatever you want to call it. The vocals were almost spoken word, he kinda added a bit of melody into the vocals but they were definitely spoken words and not singing. Some pretty standard guitar chrods. The "unique" thing that thus song had was a 10~ second violin part after each sentence which "interrupted" the vocals. It was some sort of small pause if you want to call it that. Overall, the song was a bit on the slow-core part, too.
That's everything i remember. No lyrics, nothing else.
Anything could help.
>>
>>53191043
this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppzTFgwZxhc
>>
>>53191530
Dude, i am greek and i assure you that there isn't a single good modern greek song in existence. At least, no pop/rock song.
At any rate, from the top of my head, it's this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptft4YaheIU

If it isn't tell me, im in the mood to look for it.
>>
File: 1410747478558.jpg (24 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
1410747478558.jpg
24 KB, 480x400
>tfw my song is some tranny singing a sad song next to a piano, I don't think it was playing

Searched my youtube history and I can't find it.
>>
>>53192467
You seriously did not hear let's groove for 11 whole years?
What country you from?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.