[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >18 years old >new to college >meet dude on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1
File: abstract.jpg (46 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
abstract.jpg
46 KB, 680x684
>be me
>18 years old
>new to college
>meet dude on facebook
>meet with him first day at dorms
>new best friend
>we get fucked up and make music together
>practically live together
>tight as fuck
>we both end up dropping out
>move back to our respective cities
>play a gig together once, other than that distant in communication
>decide we're both gonna try to get our music careers off the ground

>4 years later
>nobody knows who i am or what my music is
>my friend is in a band now
>that band is Perfect Pussy
>constantly touring, pitchfork sucking him off
>too busy and famous to talk to me anymore
>im still in my attic making music alone like a dipshit
>lucky if i get one download every 2 weeks

man i dont even know why im posting this but im and disheartened and miserable and jealous as shit

i'm happy for him but what's a nigga got to do to make it big these days
>>
Post some of your music.
>>
>>53117416
i used to spend a lot of time posting it in bandcamp/soundcloud threads on here, it mostly got drowned out and i gave up

i guess i'll post it here if anyone cares to listen https://arvidthemusic.bandcamp.com/album/old-factory-living
>>
did you even kiss?
>>
i would be embarrassed to be in a band called "perfect pussy"
>>
>>53117437
no, we hugged semi-frequently though if that counts for anything
>>
>Not sticking with your bro.
This is what you get for that. This is your punishment.
>>
>>53117466
we didn't really have a choice man, he dropped out a few months before i did

we tried our best to stay tight, we just sorta naturally drifted apart getting caught up in our own lives
>>
look on the bright side, at least you're not in fucking perfect pussy

just get a real job and treat music as what it is, a hobby
>>
>>53117429
This is tight
>>
everyone in perfect pussy is a huge fag so you probably are to if you were friends with one of them
>>
>>53117429
You don't have a gimmick, dude. You need a gimmick to stand out.
>>
>>53117389
>what's a nigga got to do to make it big these days
you need a gimmick, you know, an outspoken feminist girl singer or something
>>
>>53117389
Ehh, I know it seems like cliche but try to keep on making music. Also Perfect Pussy shounds like the edgy screaming ramblings of a feminist with an alright band backing her up, so try not to be too down on yourself. I'll check out your music when I get off work.
>>
>>53117544
>>53117528
it seems like the hivemind agrees that I should have a gimmick. all i can think of is biting the head off of some sort of animal and ozzy already did that a bunch

>>53117546
thanks man, i try to keep on going as much as i can but sometimes it wears you out. i'd really appreciate you listening
>>
>perfect pussy

is he the dumbass who just plays feedback over everything?
>>
I'll listen to your music anon, post your bandcamp
>>
>>53117567
hell no man. it's their guitarist. he's a fuckin chilldawg. i don't know their feedbackist or any of the other band members very well

>>53117577
thanks anon, it's right here >>53117429
>>
>>53117429
wow nice disguised viral marketing thread. your trying to get people to pity you so theyll listen to your music. well guess what your music is generic as shit. try doing something creative. i ve heard thousands of lo-fi four chord strummed 4/4 shit fag songs. kill yourself. perfect pussy is shit but at least they arent shitty feelfag lofi bandcamp core.
>>
>>53117598
sadly this, even though a bit harsh. it's not bad by any means, but your music just doesn't stand out OP.
>>
>>53117598
jesus anon i wasn't even planning on posting a link in here when i made this thread. it's just easy to feel discouraged as a musician especially when people close to you are making it and you're still stuck

i don't really have anyone else to talk to about this shit except for you fucks anyway
>>
This is some pretty good shit anon, don't worry that not many people are listening; All that matters is that it's good, and that I like it.

Keep up the good work!
>>
>>53117665
yeah, i understand. i guess i just need to try new things or something, i don't really know. hard trying to figure out where you fit among all of this weird obscure indie shit popping out of every direction and you're just trying to write songs
>>
>>53117563
You don't need to do anything crazy like that. Mess around with effects.

Here, check out this reverb gimmick: s0D2hMXXGtyd
>>
>>53117720
ugh

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0D2hMXXGtyd
>>
>>53117689
thanks anon, i really appreciate your kind words. and i'm really glad to hear that you enjoy it
>>
>>53117742
that's a really sweet sound man. i've been working on another album for a while and for this i'm definitely trying new things. trying to draw from different influences like shoegaze and noise, and using lots of reverb in the process obviously
>>
>>53117745
i also like a few songs, dont mind the people saying "hurr it only has 4 chords so its trash!!!"
just keep doing whatever you like
>>
>>53117829
i mean ill admit trial blinds is a pretty basic songs, i feel like a lot of the songs on there have way more than 4 chords though

but thats what i try to do, just hoping it's shit people like to hear without taking it too far to the point where it doesnt feel genuine to me. even if a few people are listening i should be happy, i just get discouraged
>>
>>53117429
This is actually really good, anon. I downloaded it, gonna show it to a few of my friends. I know it's not gonna help much but I guess it's something, you know?
>>
>>53117856
that means a lot man. i'm really glad you enjoyed it enough to download it. anything's really appreciated, for real
>>
>>53117856
don't embarrass yourself man, the drums kinda ruin it
>>
>>53117429
definitively better than Shitty Pussy
>>
>>53117925
i think they're great at what they're trying to do. we definitely didn't make music like that when we were closer but i respect them and their sound
>>
>>53117905
Sounds fine to me, I'm not OCD about percussion.
>>
>>53117905
im sorry you feel that way anon, i can see why people wouldnt really like it
>>
>>53117999
nice trips

also, tbh I think you're music is better than PP. Sure, it's pretty generic sounding, but if you had something original it would be great. meanwhile PP are just a sub-par punk band with a cray-cray bitch mumbling random shit.
>>
>>53118276
well thanks anon, i guess it all just comes down to taste. im just trying to think of what i can do to make music that isnt generic, which i havent really questioned too much before, and i guess i have absolutely no idea what im doing wrong or how to be more original without doing some pretentious bullshit

idunno, i'm gonna just have to keep trying to pump out music and see what happens i guess
>>
>>53117673
Keep your head up br'er. I'm not a fan of your stuff but I can tell you for a fact my opinion doesn't matter. Can't stand Perfect Pussy either but they made it, right?

Spam the shit outta wherever you gotta spam to get your name out there. Winners have 0 shame.
>>
>>53118407
thanks anon, you're probably right about that. thanks for listening even if you don't care for it, i appreciate it and your words either way
>>
soundout.com, bruh. Alls I'm saying.
>>
>>53118531
you sure this isn't one of those bullshit sites

seems like it
>>
>>53118591
It's a sister site of SliceThePie, a pretty popular site that people make money off of writing music reviews.
>>
and whoever just paid for my album, damn. that means so much. thank you so much for that
>>
>>53118629
maybe ill have to look into it, im broke as a mother fucker and probably won't do it though

thanks anyway anon
>>
This is some really chill stuff anon. Some really nice influences I can hear for sure.
>>
>>53117429
it's pretty chill
>>
>>53119156
>>53119360
thanks guys. yeah, Ween is my biggest influence by far, as well as stuff like Sparklehorse and Ariel Pink and R. Stevie Moore

i definitely have to branch out, this was just my attempt at making one solid cohesive album
>>
jesus, who else paid for my album?? you guys are too fucking kind. i cant even begin to tell you how good that feels or how much that means to me

if you happen to be reading this, thank you so much
>>
`ンthat isn't even an abstract feel
>>
>>53119588
it's just my favorite feels pic tbh
>>
>>53118531
>>53118629
how does that work/what is it good for?
>>
>>53119454
good work man, I am just starting to work on stuff and figure out what i want to even attempt but i want to just make an album man
>>
>>53119704
do it dude, what's stoppin you? you have a soundcloud? i'd be happy to check your shit out
>>
man you guys are too kind. jesus christ I don't even know what to say. i'm really glad some of you enjoy it though. thank you so much for listening and everything
>>
>>53117905
I'm a drummer and the weird mish-mash of lo-fi drum noises is actually pretty sweet. Just my opinion.

Only listened to Trial Blinds but this is nice OP. Kind of music I could just put on while biking around town.
>>
>>53119801
you do realize that if you take off here people will think that you are viraling your own shit right?
>>
>>53119801

Working class musicians gotta stick together man. It's important to support things that you like.

We're all gonna make it. At the very least, we won't be in shitty bands like Perfect Pussy. You dodged a bullet there, be glad.
>>
>>53117598
Chill the fuck out anon, and make something out of your life
>>
>>53119893
what do you mean exactly?
>>
>>53117389
Join a band OP, it's way harder to make it solo
>>
>>53119988
yeah man it's tough. i'd love to be in a band and be gigging. unfortunately the city i'm in absolutely sucks fuckin balls and my friends who make music are interested in making different shit than what i want to make

i kinda hope to meet up with some likeminded musicians in the future, right now i'm just focused on writing material
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.