[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which band/musician has the most annoying fans according to you,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 12
File: 2091837_e5626aa625.jpg (41 KB, 450x322) Image search: [Google]
2091837_e5626aa625.jpg
41 KB, 450x322
Which band/musician has the most annoying fans according to you, /mu/ ?
>>
U2
>>
why dont you kids like the tool?
>>
Any metalcore band
>>
Kanye West
Death Grips
Grimes
Crystal Castles
>>
odd future
>>
Damn I want to squish those titties together
>>
Anything from Burger Records
>>
>>53031126
Slipknot circa early to mid 2000s
>>
How has no one said ICP? I mean, sure it's the obvious answer, but it's still fucking true.
>>
i like haim's music but their fans are pretty fucking annoying
>>
Kanye and Death Grips by far. Blood On The Dancefloor and Tool fans are pretty bad too. Literally any nu-metal band has terrible fans. Juggalos are awful. Floyd fans are awful. Sublime fans are awful. Radiohead fans are awful. I could go on forever.
>>
john frusciante worshippers
>>
Death Grips
>>
shpongle degenerates
>>
Kanye West
Mindless Self Indulgence
>>
Black Veil Brides and other scene shite
>>
>>53031126

A Perfect Circle

Rush comes VERY close
>>
>>53031482
My dad's a Rush fan...
>>
>>53031294
I feel as if the hatred of ICP fans (understandable as it is) became more annoying than the fans themselves with all the circle jerkery.
>>
>>53031126
on this board it is death grips withotu a doubt
>>
File: 1393371107442.jpg (14 KB, 208x198) Image search: [Google]
1393371107442.jpg
14 KB, 208x198
Definitely prog rock fans by far. Usually when a certain genre is brought up, people will discuss who they like and why, and there might be a dozen or more names thrown around.

But with prog rock it's literally just "OH GOD RUSH OH GOD DREAM THEATER THEY'RE THE BEST BANDS EVER NEIL PEART LET ME SUCK YOUR DICK"
>>
>>53031294
They're dumb but nice. I went to the gathering and had a fuckload of fun. I'd rather hang out with those guys than many other fanbases
>>
>>53031165
>any warped tour band
>>
>>53031386
Never run into one of those.

The correct answer is Tool fans.
>>
>>53031515
My best friend in HS was too
And his brother
And our other friend

If I had a dollar every time I heard
"No wait wait listen to this part"
"OK here it is right here"
"No did you hear that? Let me play it again"
>>
as death grips fun....

death grips
>>
>>53031533
These bands are hated in prog threads here
>>
>>53031533
Oh god yes dream theater too
Fucking Neil Peart ugh
>>
Dream Theater.

Honestly the band isn't that bad, I used to like them a fair amount, but the fans really frustrate me. Especially the Brazilian ones.
>>
Prog fans and memerap fans.
>inb4 ">using memerap unironically"
>>
>>53031126
anthony fantano fans
>>
>Go to festival in 2000, KISS headlining
>Massive guy, twice my size in every direction, getting really into it next to me
>Can feel him getting heavier and heavier for some reason
>He suddenly goes hard
>Knocks me to the ground
>This is the end for me, leave my collection to my friends, burn my folders
>Suddenly being lifted into the air
>I'm on his shoulders
>"HEY SORRY MAN I GOT A BIT A CARRIED AWAY YOU ALRIGHT UP THERE HAHA WHAT A GREAT TIME EH MAN HA HA"
>Am I being raped?
>>
>>53031533
Oh and I forgot to add: Prog fans are the worst because they think level of technicality = a gauging of quality
>>
Linkin Park, Korn, Skrillex, Sabaton and Powerwolf

Bunch of 14 yrs old faggots
>>
How has nobody mentioned EDM fans? Specially dubstep fans.
>>
not a band but i fucking hate people who are into festivals. bonnaroo, coachella, anything. 90% of the time they don't even make a schedule it seems; they're all there for the festival. and the weeks leading up to it all you hear is "omg it's so much better than last year, can't wait".

they all have this fucking carefree attitude about life and money that i cannot stand. it's so beyond me. never met someone into going to festivals that i could say i liked.
>>
Linkin Park, Korn, Skrillex, Sabaton and Powerwolf

Bunch of 13 yrs old faggots, for some reason they think they're edgy or something
>>
File: kuyYO.jpg (252 KB, 548x654) Image search: [Google]
kuyYO.jpg
252 KB, 548x654
On the internet, Death Grips fans. IRL, pic.
>>
>>53031126
Tool. Hands down.
>>
pretentious hipster fans of an obscure band gaining recognition
>>
surprised no one mentioned deadheads yet
>>
>>53031756
dude festivals are about having fun and doing drugs and listening to music. Just go to a regular show if you want music
>>
The white girls who go to Something Wicked and other EDM festivals, and do a lot of molly and wear Indian headdresses, and listen to Skrillex and Drake and the Weeknd and think Steve Aoki is some kind of genius.
>>
Sphongle fags

Papadosio/Lotus/Insert neo-hippie jam band disillusioned flower children

Run the Jewels tryhards

Drake worshippers
>>
>>53031757
I'm pretty sure most /mu/tants were once that kid
>>
>>53031823
Cuz they are surprisingly chill ass fuck people who are also surprisingly open minded musically, too. Or they are like that in my experience.

Other jam band fans in general though...that's a completely different story.
>>
>>53031756
you're mistaking festivals for shows I think.

I'd hate to be the kind of person who goes to a seven day festival with a fucking tabulated itinerary "Well it's 15:32 now so we need to run over to the second stage for fifteen minutes of <x> before heading over to the fosters stage for twenty six minutes exactly"
>>
joanna newsom fans
>>
>>53031823
I never understood them. Why would you follow a band on tour? They're going to be playing the exact same songs.
>>
Eminem
"mayn eminenem is da rap god he da olny one make real rap musicc like he save mai lief"
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 250x375
>>53031776

Tool fan here. Maynard's shallowest feels are too deep for you.

(Yes this is copypasta but it's funnytrue)
>>
>>53031896
Deadheads are stoned 24/7 so they don't notice it's the same few songs over and over
>>
>>53031827
they're expensive as shit is what i'm getting at. between that and the hotel and the commute.

why can't you throw a party and do drugs and listen to music? it's much cheaper. also the sound is awful at festival settings so that rules out actually enjoying the music.
>>
>>53031756
The reason people go there is to be carefree and burn money on the fun. It's just like going on vacation. Don't be such a tight wad "old" man.
>>
File: 567.png (89 KB, 330x454) Image search: [Google]
567.png
89 KB, 330x454
>>53031680
>>
>>53031893
>you're mistaking festivals for shows
huh? i love going to shows. festivals are pointless.

>I'd hate to be the kind of person who goes to a seven day festival with a fucking tabulated itinerary

so you're saying that you're cool with paying 100+ dollars to be locked in a facility in order to do drugs with the off chance you'll coincidentally stumble upon a performance you wanna see?
>>
>>53031710

No progressive rock fan thinks that. It's never been about technicality; it's about progression, hence the name. Songs that are constantly moving and developing, as opposed to standard rock song structure. That is what is appealing about the genre.
>>
>>53031922
>>53031896
its ok not to like deadheads but the band actually has a practice of not repeating sets or songs les than ike 3 or for gigs apart
>>
>>53031931
>the sound is awful at festival settings so that rules out actually enjoying the music

thats what the drugs are for.

and good luck trying to replicate a festival atmosphere at a house party.
>>
not a single kpop fan I've met was able to separate their weird obsession with actual life
>>
>>53031756
>they're all there for the festival.
no shit, sherlock
>>
>>53031533
People who know their prog rock well really don't like Dream Theater.
>>
>>53031831
Headdresses are hot tho.
>>
>>53031823
deadheads are cool

jam band people tend to be cool too

it's that new wave of jam band kids that are the fucking retards
>>
>>53031931
Maryland Deathfest has great sound. But it's also a smaller festival so maybe that's why.
>>
fuccbois raving about Jay Cole's album was pretty annoying
>>
>>53031680
I saw kiss live once. It was pretty fun.
>>
>>53032009
They go outside?
>>
>>53031680
you got shot by the love gun of some member of the KISS army, you should feel honored.

video related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKJ5eu-vFxA
>>
Death Grips. This may sound extreme, but if there was a button that would make all DG fans instantly drop dead, I wouldn't even hesitate to push it. I've never met a cool DG fan. Ever.
>>
>>53031899
"Eminem is a real rapper because he raps about life; not sex, money and B.S"

>a real, breathing human being wrote that sentence
>they were talking about a guy who has a song called 'ass like that'
>>
>>53032252
As a fan of death grips I am sorry that you feel that way, my liking of their music doesn't define me.

I would not push the button that kills you anon.
>>
Eminem.
>>
>>53032252
You've never met me then.
*adjusts sunglasses*
>>
'music' fans
>>
People who believe "meme-rap" is a thing are pretty annoying.
>>
Not a particular artist, but really any mainstream pop musician. Britney Spears, Adele, Trainor, or any random no name that breaks the top 5. Their fans are always people who will dismiss anything barely outside pop music as "weird," and insist that their favorite music's popularity is evidence of quality.

>>53032252
>I've never met a cool DG fan

I've legitimately never even met a DG fan at all. Some of my friends have heard of them but haven't listened to them, and I've never talked to anyone who has.
>>
>>53032420
Death Grips suck. Kanye West sucks. Lil Ugly Mane sucks. Lil B sucks. Chief Keef sucks. Run The Jewels suck. Pitchfork is a terrible music site. Don't you have a baking soda thread to spam?
>>
Kpop probably. They keep to their containment thread here, but they're an absolute cancer on /vg/. They're like bronies, literally every post has to have a Korean avatar, they can't stop talking about it regardless of how off-topic it is.
>>
>>53032504
I don't listen to any of those nor do I read Pitchfork.
>>
Childish Gambino
>>
>>53032456
>I've legitimately never even met a DG fan at all.

I once walked past a guy wearing a Money Store t-shirt in town. I momentarily considered complimenting him, reaching out to see if there were a spark of shared interest in something to be kindled. I did not.
>>
File: tumblr_lv4e25rdC91qbpxb5o1_500.jpg (25 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lv4e25rdC91qbpxb5o1_500.jpg
25 KB, 500x352
Odd Future by a long shot.
>>
Wavves

/thread
>>
>>53032504
Chief Keef is good though.
>>
>>53032629
Wavves has fans?
>>
>>53031976
That's not what the genre title means at all
>>
Reggae as a whole, but more specifically Bob fucking Marley.

I love Bob Marley, but his fucking white, wannabe gangster fans who rep "One Love" and wear Rasta colors and claim to be Rasta even though they have tattoos and piercings... My fucking high school was full of kids like that.

Also, Odd Future, Eminem, Kottonmouth Kings, Blink-182, Rush, Skrillex and dubstep fans, metal heads, and Avenged Sevenfold.
>>
>>53032592
Wise decision.
>>
>>53032456
legitimate question from an olderfag (27): how do young people know what's popular these days? no one listens to the radio, mtv doesn't have videos (I assume, it stopped playing vids back in 2002 or so), so where is the place that people find out about the schlock that becomes pop music?

I'm not interested in listening to it myself, I'm just confused. I thought the internet destroyed all the normal ways that shitty bland music was delivered to my and older generations, so how do the kids all know the same stuff these days?
>>
>>53033710
People just buy singles they hear on Youtube. Also word of mouth and advertising plays a big part. Top albums are very skewed however, you end up with weird results sometimes since nobody buys albums anymore.
>>
>>53033710
I'm assuming the radio in their cars when they drive somewhere. Also probably banner advertisements and stuff like that on iTunes or whatever outlet they use for music. Pop musicians' faces are usually plastered all over those sites advertising new releases. Spotify does that too. Especially if they're already into pop music, they'll be getting advertisements tailored for them.
>>
>>53032777
Dub reggae fans are generally cool.

Also, I don't agree with festival dude but I will say I'm not too fond of festivals, mostly because of the heat and that I have a hard time connecting with people unless I'm rolling. I do like the availability of drugs though and the music, of course.
>>
File: tyler-the-creator-tamale-1.jpg (25 KB, 576x322) Image search: [Google]
tyler-the-creator-tamale-1.jpg
25 KB, 576x322
Which is a shame, because as much as you faggots will (inevitably) tear me up for it, I like a lot of his music.
>>
One direction
Theyre bullying pretty acacia brinley just 4 no reason lol
>>
>>53031360
>Blood on the Dancefloor
/thread
>>
>>53031535
>They're dumb but nice.

Which is why they're classified as a gang after all those violent assaults and murders right
>>
>>53031126
The whole fucking psytrance and house music genres.
>>
Death Grips. No contest. Even worse than Nirvana and Radiohead fans.
>>
>>53034639

Over the course of 3 days I saw a lot of dumb shit but zero assaults. I saw no females getting harassed, nothin. It was a huge group of people so there were some isolated incidents. But overall, definitely safer than my tier 1 college campus
>>
>>53031931
>the sound is awful at festival settings

thats exactly why everyone is using drugs
>>
>>53033710
online radio
spotify top charts
youtube frontpage
itunes charts
any song that a famous artist posts on fb or twitter
>>
>>53032030
Hey now Dream Theater is fun once in a while.
>>
>>53031126
these people and what ever they're listening to.
>>
>>53031589
Get off this board for a bit man.
>>
File: truetoyou.jpg (93 KB, 368x700) Image search: [Google]
truetoyou.jpg
93 KB, 368x700
>>53031126
Morrissey fans
>>
>>53031857
dude I live in Denver and their are plenty of fans of that sort. many of them are weekend warriors, the teller at my bank would go to shows at red rocks and do drugs. I saw him outside of his job at one point and he admitted to it. We talked about doing LSD and such.
>>
>>53035510
Are they all about that Pretty Lights?
>>
>>53034754
two juggalos out for a show got in a fight in a fast food restaurant near the venue where I live once, it ended in a stabbing
>>
>>53035574
most of the college kids are, the dude's from Fort Collins.
>>
>>53033710
Promotion through social media and blog sites. Also featuring no name artists with bigger artists, then years down the road pumping money into promoting those no name artists until no one on earth hasn't heard of them. Pharel Williams for example, he broke out with Happy all I could think was who is this guy? Then I later realized, "oh that's the guy from the Drop it Like its Hot video!"
>>
every pop-punk band
>>
>>53031126
sphongle fans definitely
>>
IDM fans
>>
>>53032504
I hope I never meet you in real life ever you miserable neckbeard ass
>>
>control+f
>foo fighters
>0 results
is like you guys never go outside anymore
>>
>>53036693
>foo fighters
>you guys never go outside
we never go outside and into the past. damn, anon, where do you live? 2006?
>>
Majority of all folk punk bands.

Also whoever said Dream Theatre earlier is right
>>
>>53031710
Progressive rock is simple, though.
>>53031899
>xd this is a song about rape ISNT THAT HARDCOAR?
uggh, the early 2000s were awful.
>>
>>53031126
id say death grips, neutral milk hotel, riff raff, yung lean, and lil b. This leads me to believe that meme fans are the worst
>>
>>53031126
Pantera and Nirvana
>>
>>53031535
Go to bed Danny Brown
>>
>>53032009
Lies. Met several closet kpop fans who listen to other kinds of music and were completely normal.
>>
Parrotheads Parrotheads Parrotheads Parrotheads Parrotheads Parrotheads
>>
>>53038653
>>53038653
fucking virginia
>>
>>53035760
Youre an idiot.
>>
There are four annoying kinds of RHCP fans:

>people who only like their 80s stuff and think they should have broken up when Hillel died
>people who think Anthony should have been replaced by a better vocalist at some point
>people who are really Frusciante fans and think you're required to like his solo albums
>people who regurgitate the One Hot Minute was shit meme
>>
All pop stars (Madonna, Britney, Gaga, Katy Perry, etc) have horrible, horrible fans.
>>
>>53038710
>sincerely implying that Frusciante's solo stuff isn't better than anything by RHCP

nice try nerd
>>
Find me a non-shitty metal fan and I have a bridge in Idaho to sell you.
>>
>>53038780
>funny flambo gay dudes
>horrible

nice try nerd
>>
>>53032252
Jon Langford from the Mekons said something in some interview about how he likes Death Grips. I don't know, I don't like them that much but a lot of people are into them....there are the meme people who are way too into them and then there are people who are sorta interested in them as "outsider art"
>>
>>53031861
I sure was. And yes, I am suitably ashamed of myself.
>>
>>53038833
That one kid who reviews metal is pretty cool
I know that sounds bad but it's true
>>
>>53031126
Death Grips
Kanye West
>>
David Bowie and Sufjan Stevens has the worst fans ever. Way worse than Death Grips, Kanye , Radiohead or anything else mentioned in this thread.
>>
I want to rape to death everybody on /mu/ who shitposts about le art music
>>
File: wut.jpg (19 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
19 KB, 300x354
>>53035760
>Pharel Williams for example, he broke out with Happy all I could think was who is this guy?
>>
>>53035760
>not knowing who Pharell is in until 2014
>>
File: fedup bird.png (315 KB, 720x523) Image search: [Google]
fedup bird.png
315 KB, 720x523
>>53035760
>Pharel Williams for example, he broke out with Happy all I could think was who is this guy? Then I later realized, "oh that's the guy from the Drop it Like its Hot video!"
>>
>>53032252
))))
>>
>>53031126
Electro/Minimal
>>
andrew jackson jihad, they dont bathe and the girl fans try really hard to show you how quirky they are and im just like shut the fuck up and shower
>>
>>53031126
Grimes.
>>
any of the fans RTJ has gained as a result of Meow The Jewels/reddit

none of them know jack shit about hip hop or Mike and El's careers prior to rtj
>>
>>53031899
Eminem makes music for people who comment on posts by the official Family Guy facebook page
>>
>>53032513
there's literally no discussion about music either, just weird obsession with plastic people
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 500x471
>>53031236
This second to Grimes. I can handle just dopey ignorant people that are super into the greatful dead or whatever, but man tumblr tier shit like grimes attracts the annoying misguided, unfriendly, diluted, vegan on weekdays, self indulgent third wave feminists of the world.
>>
>>53032629
this so fucking much

both times I've seen Wavves were some of the most unenjoyable shows I've ever attended
>>
>>53031680
That actually doesn't sound that bad. Sure that'd be annoying, but he's clearly trying to be nice even if it's a little bit bumbling and misguided. Kiss fans can be dumb, but they're usually pretty nice in my experience.
>>
>>53036943
>Majority of all folk punk bands.
it's like they're stuck in 2004
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>53032252
>anon presses button
>only he dies
Turns out you have to hate DG to be a TRUE DG fan.

Sorry Anon, F.
>>
AJJ
Tool
Marilyn Manson
>>
>>53031680
My experience so far is that most people who have a generic/corny taste in metal are really friendly and helpful.
>>
/mu/ is full of bitches
>>
Grateful Dead
Pink Floyd
Sublime
Tame Impala

The music's not that good either.
>>
>Arctic Monkey fans
"AM omg holy fuck I'm so indie tumblr tumblr tumblr crosley turntable lol so hipster"

Nirvana fans
"such a inspiration why did he died, I was born 10 years too late smells like teen spirit is my masturbation song"

Edm/dub step
"CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS SHITTY MIX ON SOUNDCLOUD THE DROPS SO BRUTAL COME SEE HIM AND 2 other nobody's at the local club and stay till 2 am and do nothing but trip drugs and listen to shitty beats!

Death grips
"LISTEN TO GRIPS "

Prog metal
"dude check out this song by animals as leaders, dude that's fucking djent, wow do u even listen to rush or dream theater

Classic metal fans are the cringiest though
"REAL METAL MAN STUFF FROM THE 80s and 90s like Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, Ac/Dc, Korn, Five Finger death punch, Rob Zombie. They then proceed to wear the cringiest of clothes and try to explain how metal is the best genre and how every other genre is inferior to metal, also "MAN FUCK THIS THIS ISNT EVEN REAL METAL "
>>
Are Death Grips fans the music version of Homestucks?
>>
>>53032252
this
>>
>>53039949
kek
>>
>>53031386
Oi m80, ya betta cum ova ere an say at ti me face innit
>>
>>53040135
Frankly, the way you write is 10 times more annoying than any of those fanbases. Drop your trip and fuck off.
>>
>>53040135
explain the death grips one please

>>53041393
>Drop your trip
that's a name
>>
Swans - you all know it.
>>
>>53031126
Concert worker here.

Hands down, no question, Dave Matthews and Jimmy Buffet.

Ask anyone who works major concerts.

The former's fans are entitled yuppies, the latter's are entitled yuppie's pretending that they're hippies.
>>
Mumford & Sons fans are generally nauseating.
>>
>>53031126
Tool
Muse
Radiohead
>>
>>53034512

I'd feel bad ripping on a 15 year old.
>>
>>53032777
Bob Marley is just pop music, proper Reggae fans (Rocksteady, Roots, 1st wave Ska) are cool, really chilled and usually know their stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4uSfv57zA
>>
>>53031126
>implying theres a difference and you're not all massive insufferable cunts
>>
>>53041446
>being this much of an insufferable cunt
>>
Kanye West.

As much as I like his stuff, most of his fans are a bunch of pretentious fedora-wearing neckbeards.
>>
>>53035722
That sucks - I think the ones who go to the gathering are so invested into the whole "family clown love etc etc" thing that they totally buy into it and act decent
>>
>>53037007
Riff Raff fans? They mostly keep to Twitter (I am one)
>>
>>53038653
Retired people? Literally never met one
>>
>>53039938
This
It sucks
Company Flow what
When TI and Killer Mike were a thing what

I hate to be that guy but yes
>>
Abba fans are god's slurry
>>
>>53031533
Correction, young prog rock fans suck. There's nothing wrong with liking Rush or Dream Theatre but most people who dig into the genre will find plenty on offer. I've found that older prog fans have a wide range of tastes in music and tend to appreciate music beyond "BRUH DID YOU HEAR DAT GROOVE THERE. SO GOOD"
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.