[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
st. vincent new track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: cover.jpg (193 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
193 KB, 658x658
https://soundcloud.com/st_vincent/bad-believer/s-OJatL

so guys, what do you think?
personally i think this song is just too much things she wanted to try condensed to the 3 minutes. very chaotic, sometimes not that good sonically (like on the beggining where EVERYTHING is playing at once.
it gets better at the end, when soothing synths are taking the lead and whole thing is becoming more calm.

for me it's 4/10
>>
What a failed attempt at a drop
>>
This sounds pretty meh So far

R.I.P St Vincent
>>
Just sucks to see her going down a bad road anybody else feel like she may just vanish into thin air in a few years?
>>
>>52994741
>like on the beggining where EVERYTHING is playing at once
that's the best part tho...it reminds me of Inanimate Sensation

10/10 glam rock/pop suprise. easily beats 90% of S/T
>>
>>52994938
>Inanimate Sensation

I Like my ipod more than fucking
>>
I liked it. Sounds a little flat, though. I'm used to her music having more layers.
>>
Could possibly be a Banger if she plays it live I can see people jumping around to this and having a good time also may be a intense song at small venues
>>
>>52994741

I like it the pop sensibilities are really coming through, like they did on s/t. I'm looking forward to her next album.
>>
Wasn't this just for the Girls soundtrack?
>>
File: CD_KJ_190115_069.jpg (89 KB, 892x595) Image search: [Google]
CD_KJ_190115_069.jpg
89 KB, 892x595
>>52994886
Somebody needs to save Annie from herself.
>>
>>52996108
The fuck is this?
>>
Not too much of a fan but people don't seem to realize that the songs coming out right now are essentially leftovers from S/T's recording. They're cut tracks. So I don't think it's strange that the quality isn't really all there.
>>
File: CD_KJ_190115_072.jpg (91 KB, 928x618) Image search: [Google]
CD_KJ_190115_072.jpg
91 KB, 928x618
>>52996156
Annie and Cara Delevingne
>>
>>52996169
And really, listening again, I think what I hate the most are those club music-ish buildups. I think I'd like it more if those weren't there.
>>
GOD DAYUM it's catchy.
8/10
>>
>>52996172
Hot damn Anon! Hard to make out Annie though
>>
>>52996222
There are more pics
http://imgbox.com/g/nfuNssslYj
Annie is in 66-84
>>
>>52996250
Thanks man much love<3
>>
>>52994741
its going in a more poppy direction, I can see this getting attention from the mainstream more so than her previous efforts
>>
>>52996272
Someone said Cara is lying on top of Annie in #70. There might be better photos that are being shopped around.
>>
>>52996301
Hard to really make it out question is who took all these pics because whoever it is deserves a fucking medal
>>
No clear or topless Annie pics ugh :(
>>
>>52996332
Paparazzi obviously. Annie's probably going to be pissed if she's recognized by the media in these pictures.
>>
>>52996355
Hard to really confirm it is her or not. Black hair yeah but no clear 100% pics
>>
File: tumblr_ngh8xsTqMt1qzl2gjo1_1280.jpg (937 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngh8xsTqMt1qzl2gjo1_1280.jpg
937 KB, 1200x900
>>52996377
In the pics walking up the stairs, you can see her blue hat and black leather backpack she always carried. And that's obviously her haircut and face.
>>
>>52994741
this was pretty great. I honestly prefer it to a lot of the self titled
>>
>>52996377
The full body pics of her from the back show what looks like the blue hat she sometimes wears as well as her backpack. Other than that though it is kind of hard to tell. Still, tabloid magazines don't exactly have good standards for these things I don't think. And regardless of what she's there for it will probably be construed sexually, which she obviously doesn't want.
>>
File: CD_KJ_190115_081.jpg (140 KB, 1111x741) Image search: [Google]
CD_KJ_190115_081.jpg
140 KB, 1111x741
>>52996416
>>
>>52996355
What does she expect hanging out with Cara Delevingne at the Kardashian's beach house? Obviously paps are going to be all over that place.
>>
>>52996428
Which Pic number?
>>
File: CD_KJ_190115_079.jpg (169 KB, 1278x852) Image search: [Google]
CD_KJ_190115_079.jpg
169 KB, 1278x852
That is totally her
>>
>>52996250
>tfw no annie nudes
>>
>>52996452
see
>>52996435

>>52996439
Yeah I'd expect her to be smarter than this but then again she's not used to it.

>>52996500
At least she was smart enough to (if she was at any point naked) not get naked on the balcony.
>>
>>52996515
unless there are pics of her naked that have't come out yet.
>>
Annie is gonna be so pissed jeez

I wonder if she is fucking around behind Carries back?
>>
>>52996515
Why is she hanging out with Cara D, Kendall Jenner and Miley Cyrus anyway? What happened to Annie? No wonder Carrie dumped her ass.
>>
>>52996557
i thought they got back together?
>>
>>52996557
Well I think it's likely they aren't in a relationship anymore.

>>52996560
Annie can't resist that sweet, young pussy.
>>
>>52996563
They Did
>>
>>52996563
They spent 4-5 days together in Portland over New Years, but haven't been seen together since. Annie never showed up to the Portlandia premiere, but was on the VIP guest list, and Carrie ignored Annie's tweet about S-K the other day, but liked everyone else's. I guess things didn't end well.
>>
>>52996560
shes a big deal now
>>
Canadian chucklefuck
>>
Annie want that dik

While carrie can just fuck those hags in Slater Kinney
>>
>>52996605
So she's hanging out with pathetic attention whores and making shitty music? Disgusting. She's going to crash hard if she keeps going down this path. No one is going to take her seriously anymore.
>>
>>52996657
She did crash hard last year around the summer time. I hate to admit this but yeah i can see Annie Doing a fuckt on of drugs and fading away into a black void
>>
>>52996621
annie will never find anyone better than carrie
>>
>>52996657
Did you not like S/T? People keep talking like she just made this song when it's pretty much a year old and a song cut from the album initially because or poor quality or not fitting the album.

If you didn't like S/T then fine, though I did like it. And who you hang out with/date won't necessarily affect your music. And she's collaborating with Brian Eno (and others), who I think will keep some quality control if she is dropping anyway.

I honestly think people are overreacting. I doubt she's really having anything to do with anyone but Cara (other than them being there because Cara's there) and it's most likely like a rebound after breaking up with Carrie.
>>
>>52996108
save her from what she wants.
>>
>>52996692
I think she really lost it after the breakup with Carrie. Looking back now, you can tell she was/is really in love with her.

>>52996705
I thought S/T was pretty terrible aside from a few moments. The people she hangs with is a pretty good indicator of where she wants to be. It looks like she cares more about the fame than the music these days.
>>
>>52996773
>t looks like she cares more about the fame than the music these days.

Sums up music nowadays
>>
>>52996773
That's why Annie told the tabloid papers that she's seeing Cara then I guess rather than keeping it under wraps.

It's kind of sad that people are judging her so harshly right off the bat without understanding pretty much anything that's going on. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised since whatever she does people hate her.
>>
>>52996560
Miley Cyrus? Where were they together?
>>
>>52996836
I read that Cara, Kendall and Miley were seen at karaoke together that night. Idk if Annie was there though. She goes under the radar pretty easily.
>>
>>52994938
Shit, good to know I am not the only one. I literally came here to post this.
>>
the song is terrible. sounds kinda like a katy perry
if she wasnt such a qt only tastless dykes would listen to this bullshit
>>
>>52996833
I have had problems with her since she left 4AD. This is just a new low. I always justified her actions by convincing myself that Carrie wouldn't be with her if she was that bad, but Carrie bailed and Annie continues to make questionable choices.
>>
not diggin this song. didn't really dig s/t either.
>>
>>52996833
> That's why Annie told the tabloid papers that she's seeing Cara

When was this?
>>
>>52996963
sarcasm
>>
kind of snoozer, innit mate? that arca "sheep" track is wicked tho. so not a bad day for music.
>>
>>52996978
ouch
>>
>>52996943
It sounds like you have a problem with artists getting popular. But if you genuinely dislike S/T I don't know what to say. And I don't necessarily think it's good that she's doing this either but we have a few blurry photos of her and don't know why she was there. And judging her entire character because she's fucking a young starlet (more than likely on the rebound) is a bit harsh I think.

>>52996963
She didn't. That's my point. If all she wanted was publicity and to get more popular and didn't care about anything else why would she be creeping around like this? Why wouldn't she just say "yeah, we're fucking" and be done with it?
>>
>>52994938
if you don't agree with this your're fucking pleb
>>
>>52996998
I have a problem with artists being thirsty for fame and compromising their art for it. I thought S/T was a major step backwards in her development. She claims the songs are her own voice, but the outside influences and imitation were more obvious than ever. Her songwriting has been lazy and pandering to mainstream trends. I would have loved for her to have received this much acclaim for Strange Mercy, which was a much better album and didn't rely on her aesthetic.
>>
>>52997131
>artists being thirsty for fame and compromising their art for it
Neither of which you have evidence for. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a compromise. I also don't think S/T was one of her better albums (though while I like SM I don't understand people thinking it's her best album) but I'd hardly call it bad. If you think it is, then fine. Wait until whatever she makes next comes out though before you start judging I'd say. With how quickly people jump to hate her it seems like they're looking all the time for reasons. Not necessarily accusing you of this but I've noticed she gets an extraordinary amount of hate for some reason.

Which makes it hard to have any discussion about her because threads are derailed by this shit. On the rare occurrence someone actually makes a music related thread about her in the first place of course.
>>
>The stylistic metamorphoses of Annie Clark on St Vincent (Loma Vista, 2014) are mindboggling. She begins with the stuttering electronic beat Rattlesnake and feverish James Brown-ian funk swagger; then takes a detour into the angular, hard-rocking Birth In Reverse, before reviving the romantic ballad of the 1950s in Prince Johnny. She hops from trip-hop (I Prefer Your Love) to Afro-samba (Bring Me Your Loves) and from Kate Bush-ian balladry (Severed Crossed Fingers) to disco-punk of the 1980s (Every Tear Disappears).
>Sometimes the changes occur within the same song, and without the slightest shock. She impersonates the pop diva in the first half of Huey Newton and a wicked crunchy Joan Jett in its second half. Psychopath turns Lou Reed's existential boogie into a rousing romantic anthem. It is an impressive demonstration of mastery, confidence and focus.
>>
hahaha how can annie stalking be a real thing nigga just walk away from the screen she doesn't know you exist
>>
Annie is really sweet and kind though she read out my letter during a concert a while ago
>>
>>52997198
>Neither of which you have evidence for
There were a few interviews where you could tell she was hoping she would become hugely famous. There was one in particular where she was talking about SNL before she played and she said something that made it sound like she assumed she would blow up overnight.

I actually think Actor is her best album musically, but Strange Mercy really honed in on her own sound. I've been a fan of her music for many years. I don't mean to hate on her. I'm just disappointed with a lot of choices she has made in her current era. I'm still holding out hope for her future work.
>>
>>52997440
I don't think it's bad to want to be famous and I'm sure she does as well, considering making music is what she probably wants to do for the rest of her life. People are making huge leaps in logic though. Do you know which interviews you're talking about though? From what you posted it sounds like she was joking or something.
>>
>>52997440
Actor is her best album in my personal opinion. Strange mercy is weak though especially the second half which is kinda meh and underwhelming
>>
>>52997494
She was completely serious. I think it was an overseas interview she did in early May because she mentioned Nirvana too.

I'm sure she does want the sort of long-lasting fame that artists like Kate Bush, David Byrne, Bjork, PJ Harvey, etc have achieved, but she's not going to get there by associating with trashy tabloid social climbers. She is making some bad moves.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.