[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wes Anderson feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
so /mu/..

i saw The Grand Budapest Hotel for the first time last night. amazing as expected

post albums that captures the essence of Wes Anderson's style and interiors

pic related
>>
i see that you enjoy the films of wes anderson
>>
wes anderson is fucking garbage. only good movie he made was his first one. get better taste
>>
>enjoying the films of wes anderson
>>
ITAOTS
>>
>>52990551
Ariel Pink
>>
File: MI0002811508.jpg (33 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
MI0002811508.jpg
33 KB, 400x392
>thinking you are the shit for shitting on wes anderson

Pic related is the best I can come up with off the top of my head.
>>
le sufjan stevens
>>
>>52990700
they only thing good about wes anderson is that he's not paul anderson
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9PY4r83p8

Try this.
>>
>>52990789
quit putting off your homework.
>>
>>52990700

Yo, that's some nice shit.
>>
>>52990700
hah niice, p. quirky.. or should i say quirks
>>
this film was was quirky and enjoyable, dont be cunts itt anons
>>
>>52990700

haha wow that was quirky! kinda like the films of wes anderson lol gonna show this to a girl right away
>>
File: mxtfeoTo231qgbcl2o2_1280.jpg (187 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
mxtfeoTo231qgbcl2o2_1280.jpg
187 KB, 1280x533
>>
>>52990874
jesus
>>
>>52990899
Hotel Chevalier is rad

I really liked Grand Budapest Hotel, saw it a few months ago. I watched Life Aquatic last week with my grilfriend and didn't like it quite as much as any of the other Wes Anderson movies I've seen. Favorites are probably Fantastic Mr Fox and Moonrise Kingdom.

Re: All u h8rs - yeah, his art design and direction choices are all pretty predictable at this point, but his movies are always a pleasure to watch and usually make me feel things. If yr not into it that's cool but like hey man chill out.
>>
>>52991053
Additionally, he is one of the most meticulous film makers ever. You don't get to hate on Wes Anderson with so much lazy garbage out there.
More to the point of /mu/ his soundtracks are always quite nice.
>>
>>52991081
actually that is what i really dislike about him. his movies are sterile
>>
>>52991081
That's true, Fantastic Mr. Fox is where I first heard the Beach Boys' cover of Old Man River, and that song has always been sentimental to me as have the Beach Boys so Mr. Andersen did a good job there. My one thing with him is that while he has excellent taste in choosing licensed music, I've never really loved Mark Mothersbaugh as a composer and since scores every Wes Andersen film none of them have especially great original scores.
>>
>>52991117
I disagree, his specificity of vision has always been put to good use IMO. Like, if Moonrise Kingdom didn't make you wanna go back to when you were 12 and have an awesome adventure with a girl/boy you liked then I don't understand you at all.
>>
Who doesn't like the Fantastic Mr. Fox? Even the most ardent Wes Anderson haters tend to let that one pass. Have you no heart?
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSzGYKaJGE
>>
>>52990899
Reminds me of my own rendezvous with my soon-to-be girlfriend last November in the Renaissance hotel in Cairo.

Good times.
>>
>>52991323
Was your rendezvous that much of a bummer tho?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.