[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any music forums that don't suck? /mu/ and /r/Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 1420608679414.jpg (36 KB, 604x397) Image search: [Google]
1420608679414.jpg
36 KB, 604x397
Are there any music forums that don't suck?

/mu/ and /r/Music are the only ones I know and they're both shit.
>>
Guess not, then.
>>
There are, but I'd rather not see it being overtaken by people from 4chan, so I'm not mentioning them.
>>
>>52984818
The fuck, bruh

We civilized here.
>>
Steve Hoffman Forums if you like arguing with baby boomers who think music has been shit since 1978.
>>
i know what you want. You want /mu/, but without all the stupid bullshit threads, right?

kanyetothe.com

It's like /mu/, but without all the bullshit non-kanye threads.

you're welcome.
>>
rateyourmusic is ok
>>
>>52984897
The fact that you made a post like that is why no one wants to talk about the good forums out there.
>bruh
>we [are]
>omitting verbs to sound "black"
>most likely a white teenager
You're the reason why the other anon, and myself, keep our mouths shut.
In fact, in my current drunken state, I was going to talk about the good forums, but then I saw your post and became quite infuriated.
>>
File: 1409752540382.gif (993 KB, 317x178) Image search: [Google]
1409752540382.gif
993 KB, 317x178
>>52984647
critique me and help me figure out if my genre sucks

https://soundcloud.com/michael-w-lehew
>>
>>52984647
>Find music blogs of people that have similar music tastes to your own.
>Enjoy their reviews of albums you love
>Find new music based on their reviews
>Scoff at some of their shite music taste
>>
>>52988334
Jesus, man. It was a joke.
>>
>>52988440
And it was exactly the kind of unfunny, 13 year old humor that has turned /mu/ into such a shit place, to begin with. I mean, there's been shitposting, but never at this level, with every post being a shitpost. Five years ago, there were sharethreads and actual music discussion, and the shitposts were at least funny.
Jump to today, you have white teenagers "ironically" misappropriating ebonics in an awful attempt at comedy, and awful threads like this one.
You are just a terrible human being, in all ways.
>>
>>52988622
bitch shut up, go drink yourself into a coma like i'm doing right now and quit being an asshole.
>>
/r/musictheory is surprisingly good, if you're into that sort of stuff.
>>
>>52988622
just post the site, man

it's not our fault. /mu/ made us this way

help us get better by providing us with a better community for discussing music
>>
letstalkmusic on reddit

don't fucking ruin it with your memeshit though, anything that gets popular on reddit turns to crap
>>
>>52988622
b8/10
>>
>>52988675
well he is right, most people on here are white pathetic NEETS who try to act black and "approach" other cultures by listening to trap music and saying the people who dont like shit are "born in le wrong generation" . You are terrible people and you are whats wrong with society
>>
/r/letstalkmusic
>>
File: 1421242462889.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1421242462889.png
260 KB, 563x542
rym
>>
Forums are shit.
>>
>>52988726
>>52988822
yep. as much as people like to make fun of reddit, at least they actually talk about things.

seriously. too much time on 4chan, and i can feel my IQ dropping.

4chan has much higher highs than reddit, but the lows are abysmally low, and make up 95% of the posts on the site.
>>
File: calm.jpg (25 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
calm.jpg
25 KB, 500x314
>>52988773
>>52988622
Can we get back to the topic at hand?

>>52988726
>>52988822
I agree, that's one of the subreddits that is actually not that bad. This is a pretty good thread there http://www.reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/comments/1z7jnu/lets_talk_songs_that_are_good_introductions_to/
>>
>>52988709
The board didn't make you this way, you made the board this way. You lot won't do anything but shitpost.
>>52988675
>>52988728
These being examples of what I'm talking about.
God, you know, I really tried to keep this board nice. It's been literally the only real enjoyment I get out of my day. After a long day of slugging through work, I liked to come here, laugh at the funny, yet MUSIC RELATED threads, discover new bands, and talk about music, have actual discussions about music, theory, bands, whatever. Whenever a non-music related thread popped up, I reported it. I saged when saging was a downvote (I don't care what moot says or how it works, in my time, it was as close to a downvote as you could get on this site). I made music related threads all the time. I even applied to be a janitor, but unfortunately didn't get to do it (FOR LE FREE LMAFO EPIC MEM@!). I doubt it would've mattered, anyways; even if I'd have quit my job and monitored this board 24/7, and took down every single bad thread I saw, I still couldn't have held back the tidal wave of shit that has drowned my one and only escape from the drudgeries and awfulness of the real world.
I hate you.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>52988931

I like you anon
>>
>>52988931
Just calm down. My god.
>>
>>52988921
>>52988906
One of the best parts about that sub is that they actually moderate it and delete low-effort posts. I don't think that's ever happened on /mu/.
>>
>>52988975
why should he? hes right, all of you are pathetic, terrible people
>>
>>52989073
And you're a pathetic, terrible person for still being in this fucking thread. Fuck off.
>>
>>52988993
there's a global rule against shitposting on 4chan, but i've only ever seen it enforced on /lit/ and /sci/, which is why those boards generally have higher quality discussions.

i think moot just realizes that shitposting is the nature of this site, and if he actually decided to do something about it, he'd lose like 90% of his userbase.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.