[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any albums about overcoming depression and becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Are there any albums about overcoming depression and becoming a successful member of society?

Or generally just albums about getting out of the romanticized emotional masturbation hole that seems so prevalent in music
>>
>>52970553

Gayy
>>
>>52970587
Not really, though sometimes I mix it up and stick a finger up my butt while jerking off
>>
Person Pitch was that album for me.
>>
>>52970553
>>52970553
The Wall
Since, my friend you have exposed your deepest fears, I sentence you to be exposed before your peers!
*TEAR DOWN THE WALL*
>>
>>
>>52970553
Nutshell by Alice in Chains
>>
Maybe a little too pop rock for your tastes? But I really felt like I connected with Biffy Clyro's Puzzle when I was at my lowest points. Lyrically, it sort of encapsulates the struggles of functioning within society whilst trying to come to terms with the onset of depression and later admitting that it is a problem that needs to be worked past.

The end of the album is somewhat cathartic but the 'journey' doesn't necessarily end with a return to 'normality' but then it isn't the kind of illness that you just work over all of a sudden.
>>
>>52970553
You should read Infinite Jest.
>>
>>52970553
I laughed.
>>
File: 1411010140320.jpg (102 KB, 700x556) Image search: [Google]
1411010140320.jpg
102 KB, 700x556
>>52970553
>overcoming depression
Why? Depression is classy as fuck, look at this pic.
>and becoming a successful member of society
Who cares, society sucks anyway.
>>
>>52971089
seconded. Not only will it help thematically, but it'll take your mind off of shit for a LONG time
>>
File: wildlife.jpg (348 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
wildlife.jpg
348 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>52971159
well the key word is productive, you don't do it for society, you do it for yourself, and sometimes (maybe its socities influence eh?) it seems liek being part of society is really the only way to do that.
>>
>>52970553
>>tfw i want to go home but i am home
iktfb :'(
>>
>>52971089
>>52971233
What's it about?
You got me interested.
>>
>>52970553
>tfw i made that image like two years ago and posted it exactly once

wtf OP
>>
>>52971089
/lit/ said that's overrated garbage
>>
>tfw warm and bored and drifting through this place
That sounds kinda nice.
>>
>>52972690
/mu/ also says the same for some great albums but that doesn't make them less good.
>>
File: fac_10_lg.jpg (302 KB, 1500x1131) Image search: [Google]
fac_10_lg.jpg
302 KB, 1500x1131
>>52970553
This albums about depression pretty much you've probably heard it though
>>
>>52972719
>/mu/ also says
>>>/pol/
There, there.
>>
>>52972711
yea at least you're warm
>>
>>52972690
They also rated it as the top book of all time.
>>
>tfw this thread made me wonder how many people had actually saved OP's image that i made >>52972675 so i googled it and some people have tweeted it with hundreds of normies and attractive girls RTing like "me" "ugh yes" "so relatable"

>tfw i unintentionally made something that hundreds of people claim to relate to

>tfw this shitty image is my life's work
>>
>>52972651
it's a story that takes place a couple years in the future (vaguely) and features a tennis academy and a halfway house. It's not one of those books that's hard to explain, but it is kind of hard to explain succinctly
>>
>>52972848
But why does it help with depression?
Is it, like, spiritually enlightening? Gives you a new view of life or something?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.