[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese Unique Rock/Pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (62 KB, 610x608) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
62 KB, 610x608
Post your Japanese Unique Rock/Pop. Not that fucking mainstream j-pop or J-Rock.

I start:
GOOD IN THE REEL
ART-SCHOOL
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
THE CABS
JACCAPOP
RYU
PEOPLE IN THE BOX

Pic Related
>>
>>52969682
But most of that shit is generic Hot Topic-core.

Do try:
Ghost
Ruins
Kōenji Hyakkei
Bondage Fruit
Tatsuhiko Asano
Yodaka
Shizuka
>>
>>52969682
>FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS

I can't stand that shit. Now I'm not gonna be a cunt and say that whole list is shit because I haven't heard of them but explain why you think Fear And Loathing are good and not mainstream.
>>
School Food is Good Food by School Food Punishment is a fantastic math-pop mini-LP. Pretty much everything by Cornelius is good, too.
>>
>>52970617
These are both prime suggestions OP.

Check out:
Hanayo - Gift
Spangle call Lilli Line - Purple
>>
>>52969682
Advantage Lucy makes some really great shit that's uplifting as fuck.
I like all of Ling Tosite Sigure's discog, they're all great shit to jam too.
Kinoku Teikoku's Whirlpool, Eureka and EP are all 9/10 for me.
Ain't gotta say shit about The Pillows, you know who they is.
Mutyuma - Ilya is some really unique shit, fucking love it.
That Mikgazer is some really good shoegaze, it's the only Miku I like.
Ichiko Aoba is soothing as hell, great voice and guitar work, really one of my favorite voices.
My Dead Girlfriend also make some pretty good shoegaze, Underdrawing for Three Forms of Unhappiness at the State of Existence is my fav from them.
Tricot, dont get me started on that shit, first time I heard T H E, I played it repeatedly for days.
Also, Kaiji has my favorite anime OST and is my favorite anime, the guitar work and atmosphere is amazing.
>>
>>52970513
Definitely a bump for 34423, amazing glitch/ambient.

Also check out Uchu Conbini and toe for some nice math rock.
Ichiko Aoba for some sublime solo guitar progressive folk.
Chihei Hatakeyama, Tomonari Nozaki, and Ryuichi Sakamoto's work with Alva Noto for some excellent ambient.
>>
>>52969682
>Not that fucking mainstream j-pop or J-Rock
>whole list is made of mainstream jpop/jrock
g8 b8 m8
>>
>no mentions of Les Rallizes Dënudés, Fushitsusha, Mainliner, Flower Travellin Band, High Rise, Coaltar of the Deepers, Angel'in Heavy Syrup, Luminous Orange, etc etc

And that's without even mentioning the vast and brilliant noise/experimental scene of Japan.
>>
>>52970749
holy shit, that mikgazer is actually really good so far.

I'm just gonna post some of my fav jap bands. Dunno how mainstream they are but they're pretty good.

mass of the fermenting dregs
coaltar of the deepers
9mm parabellum bullet
Itsue
Envy is pretty cool too.
also fuck these new captcha's, shit is hard as fuck
>>
>>52971355
Oh yeah baby, I love Mass Of The fermenting Dregs. I'll check out the stuff you listed
>>
>>52969682
yeah those bands are j rock

they´re good, dont get me wrong, but pretty mainstream
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.