[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New St. Vincent Songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: marryme.jpg (94 KB, 1078x1080) Image search: [Google]
marryme.jpg
94 KB, 1078x1080
and holy shit are they fucking different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX7WEzJuUiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k16SHW-4obk
>>
>new
>>
>>52956526
these aren't fucking new
>>
>>52956526
good meme
>>
>>52956526
Not new. They were both released together on a vinyl single in 2012, and she has played Krokodil live pretty often since.
>>
>>52956526
>Krokodil/Grot
2012 called, they want their new St. Vincent tracks back.
>>
>>52956526
neither or those are new you fucking gardener
>>
>>52956526
a thread had to die in order for you to make this shit. thanks for ruining this board. my boss walked in and saw how fucking stupid you are and now I'm fired thanks a lot.
>>
The only thing new in this thread is OP
>>
File: Slowpoke.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.png
46 KB, 250x250
Well I feel like an idiot. I googled "new st. vincent song" looking for the song from Girls, and this was the first result.
>>
Have you heard Pieta/Sparrow yet OP?
>>
There are two new songs coming out soon. One is called Bad Believer, which is supposed to be released on iTunes tomorrow as well as being one of the bonus tracks on the new deluxe edition of S/T. The other is called Teenage Talk, which is going to be the credits song for an episode of some HBO show called Girls.

Most likely they're both leftover songs from the recording of S/T like Pieta and Sparrow were. If you look on last.fm there are already a few scrobbles of Bad Believer, though I don't know if they're real or not. One of them points towards the song being an instrumental, which I wouldn't really oppose.
>>
File: tgd.gif (494 KB, 464x262) Image search: [Google]
tgd.gif
494 KB, 464x262
>>
>>52956682
Y-you admitted it... God bless your soul. Have a nice life.
>>
File: trap.png (118 KB, 812x532) Image search: [Google]
trap.png
118 KB, 812x532
>>52956526
>>
>>52956682
I don't think that episode has even aired yet.
>>
File: le fel frog.jpg (48 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
le fel frog.jpg
48 KB, 489x423
>>52956936
>tfw no sarcastic trap gf
>>
>>52957170
Do you know which episode it'll be and when it'll air? The article I read didn't give a date or episode name that I could find.
>>
>>52957300
No idea. It will probably appear on P9k and fuckyeahstvincent.tumblr.com as soon as it has aired.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
>>52957245
hey anon, i'll be your sarcastic trap gf
>>
>>52958060
/d/ ih
>>
>>52958060
>>>\d\
>>
>>52957300
i don't know but there's a new episode of Girls on HBO right this second, so maybe it's that one
>>
firt time i heard this this track. It's pretty shit. it's honestly like she wanted to be punk rock after getting fucked by Dave Growl and she was watching documentaries online and decided krocodil was something she could make a song about even though it has nothing to do with her. it seems really contrived and disingenuous. the transparent reaching to make a song like this is just off putting. worse still everyone will like this and think she is being so fucking real when she is just being a poser. it's like tayor swift putting on hip hop garb.
>>
File: 1394927283922.gif (3 MB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
1394927283922.gif
3 MB, 400x262
>>52956526
Still the best stuff she's made. Noise rock album when?
>>
>>52958537
Wow. If you think Krokodil was unusual for her, you haven't been paying attention.

>"real" vs. "poser"
What is this, the 90s?
>>
>>52958537
She likes punk, metal, etc. She played in a metal band in middle school and was in a noise band for a little bit at some point. And she's covered punk/noise rock songs before. The ones reaching seem to be the people criticizing everything that she does for various stupid reasons. I don't know what it is about her that attracts people calling out her every move. People seem offended by her very existence.
>>
>>52956682
>>52957300
>>52958185

>Watching a TV show created by a lying, life-destroying, child molesting psychopath.
>>
>>52958690
I'm not watching it but I want to hear the song still. I'm hoping someone will record it or the song will be released on iTunes/Amazon/etc after the episode airs.
>>
Well I didn't know about these songs and I like them so I guess OP was worth something.
>>
Krokodil had everybody bobbing their heads in a meager display of enthusiam when I saw her at Liberty Hall, in Lawrence KS, on March 31 2014, at 7 PM. Noveller opened for her. The backing music didn't play on her first song and she seemed mildy irritated but the mixing guys got it fixed. It was interesting way to ease into the amazing performance that would follow from St. Vincent.
>>
>>52958637
>>52958632
it' not even the genre, it' what the song is about and that is has nothing to say. it is a shit song. It's like the kind of shit a million moronic punk bands would make. It's just dumb. All I can picture i her learning about the substance online and going hurr I'll make a song about that, that word sounds cool and that shit is like hurr fuck up yo
>>
>>52958744
Honestly, I like Krokodil but I don't really like it live. Her falling all over the place is kind of annoying. I'd much rather see her actually play the guitar in the song rather than Toko. I kind of liked the crowd surfing but since she's not doing that anymore and just falling all over the stage (which also messes with the vocals) I don't really like it live.

>>52958808
I'm pretty sure she's said she didn't know about the drug before making the song. I don't know how that's possible but that's what (I'm pretty sure) she said.
>>
>>52958808
>All I can picture i her learning about the substance online and going hurr I'll make a song about that, that word sounds cool

She found out about a horrible, poisonous drug and thought that it would fit a song. What's supposed to be terrible about that?
>>
File: 1400395490305.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1400395490305.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>52958690
What?
>>
>>52958892
>She found out about a horrible, poisonous drug and thought that it would fit a song. What's supposed to be terrible about that?
the song has nothing significant to say about it and she has no personal connection to it. doesn't that just strike you as cheap exploitive song writing? If the song were actually good then it would be excusable but the song is pretty shit. it's just not creative. the amount of thought put into it is insulting, it's like a cookie cutter way to make a song of that style.

>>52958882
if she said that she is either lying or it is a case of crypomenesia, and i seriously doubt the latter.
>>
aiieeee the witch!
>>
>>52959148
Why would she lie? I doubt there are many people like you criticizing her use of the name of a drug in a song, whether it was on purpose or not.
>>
>>52959148
>the song has nothing significant to say about it and she has no personal connection to it

A person has to have a personal connection to something to sing about it? Something significant and deep has to be expressed in every song?

Being a very attractive, talented woman has it's downfalls. People just fucking hate you for no reason.
>>
>>52959148
good GOD dude you are being such a fucking dumb fuck right now

i hope you're drunk or otherwise fucked up because there's no reason anyone should be this dumb
>>
>>52959400
>>52959454

dude, it's a shit song and shit song writing.
>>
>>52959148
Who says the song is literally about the drug? Why would it matter? It's a pretty blatant homage to one of her musical influences, so creativity wasn't exactly the point. (And did you just criticize a punk song for having no thought put into it? kek)

>crypomenesia
Is that when you forget how a word is spelled?

>>52958918
Lena Dunham, the writer of Girls, had an anecdote in her autobiography about how she played sexual games with her younger sister once (like many kids do). Conservatives went batshit over it, because they hate competition in the child rape market.
>>
>>52959569
Argumentation at its finest.
>>
>>52959586
what is it blatant homage to?

also yeah noted about the puck thing. It just bothers me because I think the song is poor song writing, and it's shitty, and everyone will fucking love it. I am sick of people raving over mediocre shit. This song is the kind of shit I would expect to hear from 14 year old kids who make shitty bands and play shit shows while people have to sit through their shit waiting to see the local band they actually came to see.

Cryptomenesia is when you take an idea from one place and copy it accidentally thinking it is an original idea you had, because you forgot about it.
>>
>>52959816
>I am sick of people raving over mediocre shit
Tell us what kind of music you like. I want to be patrician like you.
>>
>>52959816
>what is it blatant homage to?
To punk and post-punk she grew up with. It's dumb and fun because teenagers like dumb fun, and she tried to channel her nostalgia for that dumb excitement in a song, hoping the audience would recognize it. You clearly didn't. Maybe you were too cool for punk as a kid.
>>
>>52959400
In St. Vincent's case, many people also just don't get her humor, or understand that her stage persona is tongue-in-cheek. It seems to trigger /mu/'s autism pretty reliably.
>>
>>52959586
>because they hate competition in the child rape market
Underrated
>>
>>52959960
>she tried to channel her nostalgia
jesus you think that's a good thing? enjoy your death culture. Your post illustrates everything that is wrong with the song better than anything I could articulate previously.

>>52959846
as far as current music goes there isn't much that I like right now. Death Grips is one of the only current acts I like. Tim Buckly, Sonny Sharrock Autechre, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa, Idk what you want (besides making fun of me), like I'm not just gonna list a thousand bands, I like a lot of shit. Most current popular music falls under the umbrella of nostalgia music. Retromania is real. Music is all shit now. I am more concerned with my own music rather than keeping up with new hyped retroshits anyway.
>>
File: 1395902634288.jpg (2 MB, 1133x2457) Image search: [Google]
1395902634288.jpg
2 MB, 1133x2457
>>52959586
Oh I vaguely remember hearing about that. Shit's fucked up
>>
>>52960305
No fun allowed. Not ever. Our culture is dead forever because one artist wrote one nostalgic song.

>Death Grips is one of the only current acts I like
Truly the avant-garde of our generation.
>>
>>52960414
Fun is subjective, anon
>>
>>52960305
>Music is all shit now
so much wrong generashun
>>
>>52960414
>avant-garde
what does that have to do with anything at all?

if you think mediocre song like this are fun they you it's nice that you are ignorant enough to not be jaded and realize how shit they are and how shit culture is right now because of the lack of talent an- you know what, find that thread with all the billy corgan interviews, read retreomania, learn some history, learn some sociology, listen to more music, then come talk to me and tell me that this song is not mediocre garbage.
>>
>>52960574
So that's why you compulsively complain when other people like something you don't like?
>>
>>52959586
>she played sexual games with her younger sister once (like many kids do)
You sure about that buddy?
>>
>>52960598
>read retreomania, learn some history, learn some sociology, listen to more music, then come talk to me and tell me that this song is not mediocre garbage.
Because clearly, we humans can't truly appreciate the sensation of rhythmic, tonal sounds entering our ears without a thorough background in history and sociology.

I've read Retromania. It will pass, like all musical trends. Besides, what makes you think music has to be completely innovative to be good? By that standard, there must be precious little music in the whole Western canon you can enjoy.
>>
>>52960868
you are missing the point. you have shit taste that's pretty much all and that's fine, but other people would rather hear better music. just fucking stop I don't care man. Like I said it's a shit song.
>>
>>52960598
I like how you changed your argument from "It's shit, the writing is shit" to:

>read retreomania, learn some history, learn some sociology, listen to more music, then come talk to me

If only we could have known how sophisticated your taste is we would have never challenged you.

The points you are making are just bizarre. The only real reason you have given for hating this song is that it comes from a genre or style of the past. Surely you realize how much great music that would apply to. And I have no idea why you have chosen this particular song. If you want to complain about derivative music that is current there are about a million far better examples.
>>
>>52961034
>just fucking stop I don't care man
Said the autistic boy as he kept replying.
>>
File: 1411178412766.png (2 MB, 1000x1119) Image search: [Google]
1411178412766.png
2 MB, 1000x1119
>>52961034
>you have shit taste
>says the person who only likes Death Grips out of all modern music
>>
>>52961034
Why aren't you listening to your patrician music right now?

Go on, shoo.
>>
>>52961150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XbjuEM3jCs
>>
>>52961034
Embarrassing
>>
>>52961034
>>52960598
>>52960305
>>52959816
this shit is almost meme-level

can we force this as a meme?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.