[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/avant/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: fountain.jpg (29 KB, 620x845) Image search: [Google]
fountain.jpg
29 KB, 620x845
post, discuss, share everything ranging from the academic to the post-post structuralist materialist and humanist, avant-garde

>list of interesting stuff
http://www.discogs.com/lists/Experiments-gimmick-and-concept-albums-bands-and-labels/14850?page=1&limit=250
>>
>tfw nearly none of this stuff can pique my interest anymore (at least solely due to its novelty or concepts)
i suppose that just shows i never "got" it deeply in the first place doesn't it?
>>
>>52931290
>equating Dada and Avant-Garde

>>>/lit/
>>
File: nativehipsters.jpg (32 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
nativehipsters.jpg
32 KB, 280x280
this is really avant
https://mega.co.nz/#F!DlFHiITS!A26LH_W_d5r8zqJ8wlbSpQ
>>
>>52931561
well, was dada not avant-garde back in its heyday?

>>52931611
"popgarde" if anything but yeah i've listened to it, it's cool
>>
Maybe we should ask the classical fans to help.
>>
>>52931857
Their "help" would only increase the shitposts.
>>
the nature of nature and the nature of man
>>
File: Stop+Your+Nonsense.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Stop+Your+Nonsense.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
is Position Normal /avant/?
>>
>>52931857
they'd just insult us for being degenerates
>>
anyone else listen to antwon burger
>>
Why not just go to /noise/?
>>
>tfw I just made my first artistic masterpiece
I did it. I finally won at music.
>>
>>52932940
/noise/ sucks
>>
Look at this masterpiece!
I just won at music by creating the most extreme music recording ever!
>>
>>52933074
Links please.
>>
>>52933417
Right above you >>52933341
It's beautiful!
>>
>>52933341
You might want to add Gerry & the Holograms - The Emperor's New Music to that list
>>
>>52933451
That album wouldn't fit the list.
Also, the true masterpiece is the first "album" from the chart. It's amazing.
>>
>>52933490
oh, I get it, good chart I guess
>>
>>52933341
Is that from earlier when you asked for help, getting albums without recorded sound?
>>
>>52933490
I don't get why sachiko's album is on there, though. Cause there is definitely music in that.
>>
>>52933539
I only asked because I needed an album that could be played, had actual duration, but no sound. That album was The Nothing Record Album.
Every other album was on the chart already.

>>52933574
Because I wanted to have 10 albums. Sachiko M's Bar is the most minimal recording with actual sound after John Cage's 4'33"
>>
>>52931487
The problem with conceptual stuff is that there's often (deliberately) little substance besides the concept. Once you understand it, there's not really much to return to. You kind of consume it and use it up.
>>
>>52933601
What are you talking about? Weren't there sine waves and shit on Bar? I seem to remember it being really loud for a lowercase album
>>
>>52933726
Yes. There was one sine wave, but nothing else. How could something be more minimal than that?
>>
>>52933767
Aha, well, no music at all. But you got that covered.
>>
>>52933341
bull of heaven made more extreme stuff than 214, like the one "track" that's just an .exe file that installs the piece eternally, or the gazillion year track that's just the same clicking drone
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.