[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tetsuo and Youth Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9
File: tetsuo-youth-cover.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo-youth-cover.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
Last one 3 hunnid

Leak here: http://urbanleakz.net/album-leak-lupe-fiasco-tetsuo-youth-cdrip/

The boy Lupin delivered unlike the pizza man.
How you feel about it /mu/?
>>
About to listen to it for the first time. I've combed my ass pubes for the occasion
>>
>unlike the pizzaman
oh yeah reminder i need to call him :)
>>
So good. I never doubted Lupe Fiasco. I was concerned I'd have to wait until he left the label he's with for something this great, though. So glad it happened early.
>>
T.R.O.N is the best fucking song on the album. No contest.

Not to say the others aren't great, fuck this is a solid album.
>>
I'm so happy this album turned out. It's been too long since I felt this way about a new Lupe album.
>>
>>52926759
When the beat drops for Ab Soul's verse... fuck man
>>
>>52926759
Everything about that song is great except for Ab's verse. It just felt... off with the whole theme of the song, or even the album in general.

Too much like a typical TDE feature.
>>
done my first listen and its an easy 8/10.

Im still shocked at the fact that Mural is the second track, like gat damn thank you Lupe for starting with that. Also Chopper is insane.
>>
Last third of the album (between Fall and Winter) is easily the best part of the album, but the whole thing is great.
>>
>>52926935
Between Winter and Spring, rather.
>>
>>52926935
I think the album is sectioned off in chunks like that for some specific reason, though I don't know why. Summer, Fall, Winter

But then where are the Spring tracks? Album just ends after that track.
>>
Fall - Winter is probably the weakest section but it isn't even bad the rest is just better.
>>
I really like Little Death, with all the French references.

I don't even mind Nikki on the hook.
>>
>>52927145
I liked No Scratches better out of the two with her on them.
>>
Fairly new to hip hop. How established are the other dudes on Chopper? Any of them have any of their own albums worth listening to?
>>
>>52927229
They're pretty unknown, I'm sure Lupe put them on the track to give them some exposure. Just google their names.
>>
>>52927039
Spring is when plants begin growing again. Thus T.R.O.N is signaling an end to winter with the whole proceed to the next level/resurrection theme. Ending with spring makes sense it let's you draw you own conclusions of what spring might bring.
>>
>>52927275
Cool of him. And will do. Thanks.
>>
Not vibing with me at all
I had to stop listening half way through
reminds me a lot of Because the Internet, like he tried to make a masterpiece like MBDTF but ended up sounding really corny
>>
>>52927039
Next album. He's free.
>>
>>52927287
Yea but then it leaves me angry because I like completion and when you lead a nigga on like that...
>>
This album is really good. Fuck. Might have to go buy the physical on Tuesday
>>
>>52927325
Skip Winter and the tracks after it, through to the end.
>>
>>52927229
Trae the Truth is pretty big. Fam-Lay and Glasses Malone are average/obsure. I never heard of the other three guys nor "Psychodrama" if that's the name of a group
>>
>>52927325
this crossed my mind at a point but Lupe is a WAAAAAAAY better rapper than Childish Gambino and T&Y has way better structure and variety than anything CG has ever done.

The comparison is there but T&Y is much better
>>
>>52927358
*Skip TO Winter and the tracks after it
>>
>>52927498
I agree Lupe is way better, but I think Bino's pretty fun.
>>
>>52927337
why do you get angry? I like the idea that he leaves something up for interpretation on his album. People get so upset with Lupe hamfisting his topics so he left the conclusion up to the listener this time. You don't typically see shit like that in hip hop albums. It's pretty cool for Lupe to do it.
>>
>>52927325
>MBDTF
>masterpiece

kek
>>
>>52927518
I think Gambino is lame and tryhard. I don't enjoy his music because he tries way too hard to make something great instead of just making SOMETHING decent. His rhymes are weak and his jokes are corny. He's all about the metaphors and similes and most of them are just weak in terms of rhyming or creativeness.

Lupe is a much more "fun" rapper to me because the shit he does with his rhymes and flows is just crazy to me. He's not always saying something crazy important but he'll typically say it in a trippy flow or some twisted lyrics.
>>
>>52927328
is that "Lost in Atlantic" mixtape still coming?
>>
pretty good
7/10

Lupe is moving in the right direction
>>
>>52927711
I get what you mean, and I agree. I just don't think Gambino is all that bad. He gets unfair hate on /mu/ and unfair love elsewhere.
>>
>>52927743
There a lot of interesting ideas and sounds on BTI, but I can't get past his corniness
and it seems like he's mostly doing the ambitious stuff like film scripts and such just to rise slightly above other pop rappers
like all he's pushing is pure pop songs like 3005
>>
did Mural have to be 9 minutes long?
>>
>>52927328
>>52927737
>Lupe's next album has the potential to be even better than his first two since he isn't being forced to make pop rap songs by his label anymore

mite b cool
>>
>>52927801
BTI would've been around an 8/10 for me if the lyrics weren't so shit.

I dont hate him just to hate him. I hate him because his potential is so great but he never fucking delivers. BTI prod. was great but he just didnt live up to it
>>
>>52927862
He's definitely got my attention again.
>>
>>52927801
haha exactly. he goes with this hugely high concept album and release structure but then he just makes tracks that appeal to the pop crowd and the lower common denominators. His lyrics and song structures are so basic but he's acting like he's the next big thing in hip hop because he did something "different". lol get in line dude, your music is so average, a bunch of fanfare about a "film script" isnt making the music any better
>>
>>52927834
absolutely
>>
>>52927834
I take every 4min+ track as a fuck you to Atlantic so they can't get any radio hits out of him.
>>
>>52927801
>>52927912
I'm not taking either side here, but Gambino has come out and said BTI wasn't even a hip hop album multiple times. He said he enjoys pop and it was mostly a pop album.
>>
File: lupe-fiasco-deliver[1].jpg (96 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
lupe-fiasco-deliver[1].jpg
96 KB, 650x650
>>52927998
Deliver is the only track below 4 min outside of interludes
>>
>>52928019
"oh shit, I'm bad at rapping so I better call it pop so I can get away with it"
>>
>>52928047
Yea the whole album was a big fuck you to Atlantic in multiple ways.
>>
File: magi.jpg (155 KB, 918x459) Image search: [Google]
magi.jpg
155 KB, 918x459
nice, nice
>>
>>52926882
>>52926803
>>52926759
>>52926882
did he really say shoot for the moon and land on the stars?
>>
File: Childish-Gambino[1].jpg (79 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Childish-Gambino[1].jpg
79 KB, 612x380
>>52928019
>mfw Childish Gambino comes up with excuses for making bad music
>>
>>52928147
>implying pop is bad

It wasn't a bad pop album.
>>
>>52928147
that music video was actually pretty cool. at first i just thought it was an attempt at looking smooth or stylish but it ended up being pretty sad in an inglamorous manner.
>>
>>52928167
it had plenty bad/forgettable tracks peppered with a few decent tracks. I have little patience for pop rap albums and I'm quick to be harsh to it. I don't mind some parts of the album but overall it's worth very little imo.
>>
>>52928208
I didnt realize it was from a video. I watched very few rap music videos in 2014. dunno why. still havent seen "i" or "Never Catch Me" either. only seen parts of "Coco" etc definitely no Gambino videos
>>
>>52928251
It came out this year, very recently.
>>
mural>rap god
>>
>>52928498
I was just thinking this. If that's the kind of concept Lupe was going for, he did it way better and more interesting and worth repeated listens than Eminem did.
>>
Pitchfork is going to give this a 5.8

I hope everyone still appreciates it after
>>
>>52928130
damn..
>>
>>52928140
Kind of?

"Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll be among the stars."
>>
>>52928636
I can't predict what they'll say about it. I don't know what they've been like recently. They liked BFtD2, they can like this too, right?
>>
>>52928636
People who only listen to music based on ratings should never be able to enjoy music ever again.
>>
>>52928701
what's worse is people NOT listening to music based on ratings
>>
Barely started listening to this

Mural is soo good
>>
I just wrote a review of this, it's a first for me, so it might not be great, but I would appreciate it if any of you guys checked it out. Link:https://albinscave.wordpress.com/

sorry for selfpromoting yall
>>
>>52928636
you're so wrong
>>
>>52928911
nah, just wait.
>>
>>52928636
They totally will, though. Chief Keef, Young Thug, and basically a bunch of drill is getting 7+s because it's stupid but made by black people and pitchfork doesn't want anyone thinking they're racist, but the minute some conscious guy uses these sort of beats and this same conscious guy has had his last two albums panned he's going to get the same treatment.

It seems pretty cool though that a lot of /mu/ seems to like the new Lupe album, though. Really hope this does stick with more people and hopefully gets a good score from Fantano (not likely, as it doesn't have meme potential) so it doesn't get forgotten
>>
>>52928690
space
>>
>>52928933
Fantano's gonna hate it. He's awful about hip hop
>>
>>52929051
Fantano hates hip hop that isn't super experimental, to the point of not even being hip hop.

Which is why he loves Death Grips.

I'm calling it, he's going to hate this and B4DA$$ despite both of them being above average hip hop albums.
>>
FInally some good ol rap cock
>>
>>52929051
Bullshit. Fantano is going to rate it highly. His problem with F&L2 was the production and hooks though he did give Lupe props on the lyrics. The hooks and production are heavily improved on T&Y. If he gave F&L2 a 5 this album has to be at least a 6 but more likely it's going to be a 7 or 8
>>
>>52929105
He liked GKMC, that's pretty hip hop
>>
>>52929105
he likes noisy and heavy shit and he likes backpacker lyrical shit. he can appreciate trap but it's not really his thing. he does NOT understand more gangster, pop, contemporary type hip hop. I still havent forgiven him for giving a Life is Good a Light 4
>>
Has he finally topped The Cool?
>>
This album is going to be one of the biggest backflips /mu/ has ever done.

I'm taking note of all the IP addresses of people saying that this is good.
>>
>>52929224
life is good is bad
>>
>>52929297
It's today's The Cool. What The Cool was compared to mainstream hip hop back then is what T&Y is to that today.

Different styles, can't top each other.
>>
File: nas-628x420[1].jpg (114 KB, 628x420) Image search: [Google]
nas-628x420[1].jpg
114 KB, 628x420
>>52929339
you know not what you say, child
>>
>>52929397
If Nas could release a whole album of Dilla beats that he spits over of him just commenting on hip hop and being a legend it would be 10/10.

Kind of like what The Season was, except a whole project off of that.

He's historically had amazingly shitty beat selection and that puts him so behind in terms of relevancy, because he definitely still spit.
>>
>>52926463
Preordered it during my listen, it was just damn good.
I never even cared all that much about Lupe even back in his "glory" days but this album impressed the hell out of me.
Plus the cover art is dope asf.
>>
File: 1417652890852.gif (2 MB, 314x238) Image search: [Google]
1417652890852.gif
2 MB, 314x238
>>52927711
Lupe is an actual rapper

Gambino is literally just "LEL IM BLACK BUT NOT A NIGGER" bullshit for white suburban kids

I cant stand gambino at all he hides hes insecure as fuck and hides it behind his funnyman persona wheras Lupe is a straight up MC
>>
>>52928750
How you liking the album 30 minutes further in?
>>
>>52929475
I'm pretty sure he painted it himself.
>>
>>52929338
You do realize that when you do a backflip you literally land in the same position you started in?
>>
>>52929563
Maybe if you are some kind of gymnast; most people end up standing further away from something, no?
>>
>>52929563
Maybe he meant it would go from liked>hated>liked because of ratings? Like the circlejerk gets so bad a counterjerk forms. It wouldn't be the first time.
>>
>>52928865
Not terrible. Keep it up.
>>
best rap verse i've ever heard was the last verse on The National Anthem where lupe uses women body parts as metaphors for the world's problems.
>>
>>52929611
I've listened to the album four times and still love it.
>>
>>52929616
No, but there's no meme potential. Unless /mu/ LOVES this album, which it doesn't, people aren't going to circlejerk over this.
>>
File: pezyubakjweeeqgee96m[1].jpg (37 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
pezyubakjweeeqgee96m[1].jpg
37 KB, 620x400
>>52929451
that's a large part of what made Life is Good so good though. He finally got an album with some halfway decent beats. the tracks have strong concepts and Nas always brings the rhymes. he hasn't had an album that strong since God's Song
>>
>>52929729
>life is good
>good
>>
>>52929642
Lets see how you feel in a few months, once it's been panned by everyone and the hype is nonexistent.
>>
>>52929787
First time I listened to it was before I really knew what people thought of it.
>>
>>52929105
b4da$$ and this are the very definition of average
>>
>>52929775
Using le meme arrow instead of backing up your thoughts with some evidence.
>Being this pretentious
>>
>>52929822
That's kind of irrelevant; it's just that I'm expecting a few "got over it" and "grew old" comments from people ITT come march.
>>
>>52929550
Yeah I remember reading that up in an interview. Wish the album was on vinyl..that huge cover art..
>>
>>52929873
He'll probably release the next one on vinyl.
>>
>>52929850
there is always a counter-movement, the better the original reception is, the worse the backlash. You're not saying anything that isn't obvious.
>>
Lupe Fiasco is getting too much like jaden smith with deep metaphors that are just plainly retarded plus the album went for an aeon, he could've cut his bullshit ad-libs. I prefered Food & Liquor II, tbh.
>>
>>52930007
there's more nuance to album backlash than to simplify it like that
>>
>>52930064
I agree there is, but I think the general way it goes is what I wrote
>>
>>52929729
not really, justice league are awful, no I.D is running on fumes and Nas still won't stop picking salaam remi beats
& who could forget that swizz beatz abortion in the middle of the album
>>
>>52929622
Thanks, buddy
>>
File: 220px-Hiphopisdead1.jpg (13 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Hiphopisdead1.jpg
13 KB, 220x220
>>52929729

>he hasn't had an album that strong since God's Son

Pic related
>>
I was really hoping I'd like this. Lupe is talented for sure, I just think the pacing was off and the lack of focus made me kind of bored at times. I'll give it another shot, this is my thoughts after first listen.
>>
>>52930391
nah I didnt care too much for that one. I get why you might think it's good but I'd rather compare back to God's Son
>>
First T&Y and now the new Björk album. 2015 is already better than 2014.
>>
>>52928130
This nigga...
>>
>>52931017
Even God's Son wasn't that good,Stillmatic was much better
>>
FREE CHILLY
>>
>>52931994
that's also true. I wouldnt disagree
>>
>>52926463
I've only listened to about 3/4's of it so far, but I'm kind of sad that there's no bangers on here. He usually has two or three per album.
>>
File: bait- telephone.jpg (20 KB, 619x619) Image search: [Google]
bait- telephone.jpg
20 KB, 619x619
>>52930042
>>
This is better than MBDTF
>>
>>52933556
settle down
>>
>>52932582
Prisoner 2 kind of is
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.