[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last thread was a great success and auto saged Let's do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: MNxrADU.png (338 KB, 720x681) Image search: [Google]
MNxrADU.png
338 KB, 720x681
Last thread was a great success and auto saged

Let's do it again

>times you were given control of the music at parties/ road trips/ gatherings of people
>how they reacted to your /mu/tant power levels
>>
People loved me, but then I got too ratchet. Everything was going fine until one song repeated itself. I blame Big Krit.
>>
i usually end up putting on the music at events
it goes from fun upbeat party dance music [like i dunno synth pop/hip-hop/etc] and when it hits that point in the night where everyone starts chilling out then i throw on like downtempo stuff
>>
>>52828555
was at my friend's apartment at the lakeshore new year's day after the party, I put on a bunch of hynagogic pop/techno, went over well
>>
the answer is always ignant trap shit
>>
>>52828555
what does op's pic even mean? I've seen shit like that a lot recently and I dont get it.
>>
I just put mixes on. Fabriclive or something. On NYE I played Four Tet's rinse mix from last year and this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRmsOjqMmM
>>
>>52828690
>being that white
>>
>>52828690
their music is fire
>>
>>52828690
i think its something about tf2 because i read uber
>>
>>52828779
that's what I thought.
>>
File: P48MDKs.jpg (62 KB, 640x719) Image search: [Google]
P48MDKs.jpg
62 KB, 640x719
>>52828690
Black people post hilarious shit on Twitter
>>
File: IgBgotp.jpg (67 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IgBgotp.jpg
67 KB, 640x640
>>52828690
>>
File: dtEZ9KD.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dtEZ9KD.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>
>>52828654
like for example what artists did you put on
>>
With my friends I have to play hip-hop. I put on Clipse one time and it killed the vibe and they all took the chord from me. I wanted to cry. I was humiliated. I'm not good at riding the wave and building off what the guy before me played. The transition from Love Sosa to Ride Around Shining went awry. There was a girl in the car too. Never made another attempt to this day.
>>
>>52829258
You should have played current pusha t then.
>>
File: 6'5.jpg (82 KB, 562x456) Image search: [Google]
6'5.jpg
82 KB, 562x456
>>
>Be me
>New Years eve party
>Full of cute indie chicks
>iPod dock is open
>Friend is betting I put on something too /mu/core
>Decide on Ducktails
>First track is called Backyard
>We're in the backyard
>Chuckles were had
>Surprisingly well received

>Some random bitch rips it out and puts on Hopsin
>>
>>52828555
I remember in my high school music class when my friend and I would play Sachiko M, cover our ears with noise-cancelling headphones and wait for the teacher to return. Good times.
>>
>>52829258
Lol is this from Elliot Rodger's diary?
>>
File: typicaljuggalos.gif (4 MB, 342x304) Image search: [Google]
typicaljuggalos.gif
4 MB, 342x304
I live in a hipster-centric town so most people will usually play some Outkast, The Strokes, p4k-core, etc.

When I get the cord, I like to keep it pop-ish as to please these semi-plebs, so I'll play some good pop. Like recently I can recall playing Jai Paul, DJ Rashad, Kid Cudi, John Maus, Young Thug, The Fiery Furnaces, and The Savage Young Taterbug.

One time, my buddy was throwing a party and he told me to put together a playlist. I probably got a person to ask about the song on every track that I put on the playlist. This has happened pretty much any time I make a playlist.

Another time, I decided to fuck with some new girls that were hanging with us and play STGSTV, I remember saying "you'll love this" enthusiastically, and I could tell they were immediately put off. I convinced them that the static and noise was supposed to add to the atmosphere and by the time the title track ended and April and the Phantom kicked in they were nodding their heads as if to agree. I feel like once AatP starts getting in to it most people with decent taste will start to get it.

So overall, I've had good experiences with the aux cord. Many times, I'm obligated to play something just to impress new people which I dont mind. My friends are getting better at finding their own music too.
>>
>>52829919
>The Fiery Furnaces
What songs/albums?
>>
my friends and I are really into pscyhedelics and they're also pretty open-minded, so usually when we hang out (whether taking drugs or not) i put on the music. most of the people are neutral about the music and they don't mind, but my best friend really got into some of the music i showed him. favorite albums of him include deathconsiousness, loveless and hospice (one of his favorites). really love the fact that i can share this with people irl
>>
> Be me, 17
> Living in Georgia at the time, area I lived in was 99% black people
> Smoking weed with black friends that have only ever really listened to rap
> I'm like "hey dudes, want to listen to some music?"
> Play some Samaris
> They're like "woah dude this is some amazing trippy shit"

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg
>>
I've put on a lot of future funk and bubblegum bass before and its gone surprisingly well, and the next person who gets a turn on the track selections usually builds off of that.
>>
>>52829972
i've learned that most can't really deal with the tones and experimentation on Bitter Tea, besides like Borneo. One time I played Nevers while we all were on acid and then they really started to like that track too.

On Blueberry Boat, it's pretty much the same because there is a lot of experimentation dispersed throughout the tracks that puts them off. They also seem to be put off by how the vocal style clashes with the instrumentation at times. Two tracks I know they like are Spaniolated and Wolf Notes.

Gallowsbird's Bark is pretty much the best one to pick songs from because of its immediate accessibility and toned down experimentation along with being less electronic based.

Rehearsing My Choir is overall inaccessible as the spoken word puts everyone off for some reason.

I'm Going Away may also have some good tracks but I don't like that album as much.

Their 2005 EP has a ton of great and accessible tracks also.
>>
>>52830604
>>52829972
oh and Widow City also has some great tracks to play. I've played through the whole album before and they were pretty impressed with it.
>>
>>52829919
>When I get the cord, I like to keep it pop-ish as to please these semi-plebs
i like to imagine that everyone stands around thinking "why does everyone keep playing this pleb pop shit? i better put some pop music on to keep them happy"
>>
>>52829622
Is that Chance?
>>
File: scrappahank.jpg (57 KB, 474x352) Image search: [Google]
scrappahank.jpg
57 KB, 474x352
>>52828555
nice trips. lemme share.

>Be turning 31 on Saturday
>Live in a fucking legit TRAP house
>parties last till 4 am, 4 or 5 days a week
>Only white guy there ever
>Excessive cocaine abuse
>Half black guys, Half mexican gangsters smoking blunts
>In love with the coco, anything Mike Will made, RICH GAME 24/7 blaring

I've gotten threatened plenty of times for changing the music. Kinda had them vibing to FRIENDZONE once. Really love to put on Folk Punk. but the shortys aint tryna hear dat so I get shut down pretty quickly.
>>
The best experience I ever had with this was when all my friends came over and got stoned. I put on Un Chien Andalusia. Then I put on Siouxsie and the Banshees' Hyæna over it instead of the stock music. They had a blast.
>>
>>52830604
I always thought Bitter Tea was pretty accessible. I think that Oh Sweet Woods is catchy as fuck.
>>
had to drive my two youger brothers to school everyday for two years and slowly turned them on to basic /mu/core and other random stuff. my brother in middle school loves NMH and Built to Spill now. pretty cool
>>
File: 1420054318072.png (78 KB, 188x153) Image search: [Google]
1420054318072.png
78 KB, 188x153
>In car with my dad
>He asks what I've been listening to lately
>I check my phone and tell him to plug it in
>He does so and waits a second before pressing play
>Constructus Corporation - Long Street starts
>About 2 minutes in he turns to me and says;
I don't even consider this music, what is this?
>Beyond confused by the beat
He only listens to pink floyd and opera.
I'm not that surprised but confused he dismissed it as music
>>
>>52830745
thats kinda depressing. How did you end up in that living situation?
>>
>>52831191
eh I worked in the oil fields with them. One Black guy, one Mexican MMA fighter and hipster me. for the most part its a lot of fun but goddamn if I dont spend every second in my room or making excuses to leave the house.

and I'm the only one with a working car so driving an hour outta town and transporting drugs is kinda getting sketchy for me.
>>
>>52830722
lol not in my situation because i've experimented with so many genres and considerably less pop-oriented songs and they dont get nearly as much love or interest from most people. But when I'm around my buddies and cooler people we all throw on whatever and there are no complaints.
>>
>>52831191
god I just wish I wasn't tainted by this place. I cant even think of accessible music when they tell me to youtube shit. I mean I just blank out.
>>
>>52831137
"this isn't music" is just code for people's stupidity
>>
when im with my girlfriends we listen to happy synth pop or death grips for some reason and when im with guys i always play KOOL A.D.
>>
>>52829988
They aren't open-minded they're just too fried to care or delusional enough to think they are
>>
i don't understand this aux cord meme. can someone explain? obviously i know the aux cords are for plugging in mp3 players to cars.
>>
>>52832156
>being this white

im so white im originally from finland but even i get this smdh as the kids say
>>
>>52831137
I love the ziggurat, nice choice
>>
>At an international party at uni in Sweden
>tired of shit music, and my friend who was hosting the party had fucking annoying passive-aggressive corridor-mates
>a buddy has control of the music finally
>"Hey we should clear out this whole common room."
>"Ok"
>play this one ridiculous speedranch track

>whole room clears out
>>
>>52829422
or even Grindin
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.