[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ i have recently fallen in love with this album (aphex twin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Aphex_Twin_-_Syro_alt_cover.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Aphex_Twin_-_Syro_alt_cover.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
/mu/ i have recently fallen in love with this album (aphex twin - syro), and having never listened to anything like it before would like to know other souces to explore... (other than his back catalog

any suggestions?
>>
>>52779256
Autechre
>>
>>52779282
many thanks, any more?
>>
>>52779256
Steinvord, Beatwife, Jodey Kendrick, Dave Monolith, Wisp, Squarepusher, Luke Vibert, Boards of Canada (kinda), Amon tobin,
>>
>>52780025
don't listen to this guy, OP. he is, as we say, an idiot.
>>
>>52779282
>>52779473
definitely Autechre. Amon Tobin, Squarepusher. Luke Vibert. all of these guys have a lot of different music though, so you have to kind of carefully get through it. don't let one album turn you off from them.

also, i mean, just get into more Aphex Twin.
>>
>>52779256
i you want to go into all that "tech" stuff i would recommend Autechre. if you want "texture" oriented then check out Actress
>>
>>52780102
this shit is right on the money
>>
>check out his discography
>check out his genre
>check out his label peers
not that complicated is it?
>>
>>52780102
amon tobin is fantastic thus far, thank you anon
>>
>>52780262
how would you class this genre?
>>
>>52780289
braindance
>>
>>52780289
discogs exists and you should use it
>>
The Tuss
>>
>>52780315
The Tuss is Aphex Twin, but i mean, still technically the closest thing that exists to Syro
>>
>>52780289
don't listen to these haters. idm is the genre :)
>>
if you want people who emulate richard directly checkout steinvord, jodey kendrick, dave monolith , and Wisp. Autechre, squarepusher, and amon tobin i think are more original but definitely have some crossover with aphex.
>>
>>52780376
those guys are trash though. it's not even worth the listen. it's seriously not worth it to pump up these rip offs.
>>
>>52780342
This, The Tuss feels like Godtier Syro

Also Clark's Totems Flare album
>>
>>52780449
Also Chosen Lords by AFX
>>
>>52780398
i disagree.
>>
>>52780449
The Tuss is just much much darker, i think. there's a lot more sick stuff, like Death Fuck Mental Beats. it's always been some of my favorite stuff by him, though.

>>52780489
definitely Chosen Lords. I listened to that a lot before listening through the entire Analord series. it's very easy to get into.
>>
>>52780509
i mean, you totally have the right to listen to knock off music. it's fine. i just don't think you should put it in somebody's head who doesn't really know the difference yet.
>>
>>52780556
i see what you're saying, prolly best to point them in the direction of originators instead of imitators. That said, those guys do sound very much like aphex, which I think addresses the question.
>>
>>52780606
i think i'm just too much of an Aphex/Squarepusher cock jockey to give those guys that credit.

i think it's unfair because some people work really hard on creating original music, and other people just work really hard on copying that music. hahaha.

most listeners might not care, but it's a big deal to me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.